Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » screwey raf 1944 missions

Author Topic: screwey raf 1944 missions
wulf_pilot
Member # 1971

posted 01-19-2000 05:03 PM     Profile for wulf_pilot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
im currently playing for the RAF in 1944 with the spit. and the whole time my group just keeps saying unable unable etc etc. until i send them home. Whats the deal
Posts: 222 | From: Stanhope New Jersey USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
JWC
Member # 116

posted 01-19-2000 06:03 PM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Unable. Unable. Unable to comply. Unable. Unable. Unable to comply. Unable......."

The repeating speech bug rears its ugly head once again! You're not the first to experience this. I used to have that problem too (the exact thing that I posted above). Others have had it with other sounds. I'm not really sure what to do about it though. When I went through it, I would try Autopilot or Shift-A and jumping in and out of time compression (2x, 4x or 8x). I can't remember if this helped or not, but I could always get rid of it if I used Alt-N to jump ahead in the mission (it always happenned to me immediately after takeoffs). I'm not sure if that worked for everybody or not. Eventually my "repeating speech bug" simply disappeared. If it's REALLY annoying and there's no other way to stop it, you might try reinstalling. You can save any career you have going by copying all the files from your "Savedata" folder (inside the EAW folder) to a safe place, then transferring these career files back to "Savedata" after the new install is complete. Besides that, I can't offer much else in the way of help.

Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JWC
Member # 116

posted 01-19-2000 06:06 PM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
P.S. I was also flying a British Spitfire campaign at the time, but judging by the problems everybody else has had at one time or another, I don't think it is Nation or aircraft-specific: some players have the problem in American careers and others have experienced it in German campaigns.
Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.