Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » screen shots

Author Topic: screen shots
Undertaker000
Member # 2081

posted 01-19-2000 02:31 PM     Profile for Undertaker000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
how come after adding the patch update..
I cannot take screen shots with "print screen key" anymore ???

Help help !!

anyone know ???

Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
matttm
Member # 662

posted 01-19-2000 02:37 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Make sure you are using patch 1.2.

Check in EAW.INI and in the [Remappable Keys] section there should be an entry:

ScreenCapture=RMENU

If not, add it.

I cannot remember, but I think patch 1.1 removed it.

The other way is to delete EAW.INI and restart EAW but then you have to reset all your games options and key mappings again.

Matt.

Posts: 692 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Undertaker000
Member # 2081

posted 01-19-2000 02:49 PM     Profile for Undertaker000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
how do I get into the ini file ???
quote:
Originally posted by matttm:
Make sure you are using patch 1.2.

Check in EAW.INI and in the [Remappable Keys] section there should be an entry:

ScreenCapture=RMENU

If not, add it.

I cannot remember, but I think patch 1.1 removed it.

The other way is to delete EAW.INI and restart EAW but then you have to reset all your games options and key mappings again.

Matt.

Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
matttm
Member # 662

posted 01-19-2000 02:54 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
EAW.INI is located in the folder that you install EAW into. This is typically:

C:\Program Files\MicroProse\European Air War

If you double click on EAW.INI (the extension INI may not be displayed depending on how you have Folder Options set, but the icon looks like a pad with a nut in the bottom left corner - the Type field will say 'Configuration Settings') it will load into Notepad and you can then edit it.

Matt.

[This message has been edited by matttm (edited 01-19-2000).]

Posts: 692 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
JWC
Member # 116

posted 01-19-2000 04:59 PM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
If all else fails, go to your START button in the left lower corner of the taskbar and click it. Go to "Find", and select "Files or Folders". Type "eaw.ini" and hit "Find Now". This should give you a list of anything with that name (there should only be one "eaw.ini" file in the folder "European Air War". On that list that shows, double click where it says "eaw". This should open the file in Notepad. (you can use the same technique to find your EAW folder: just type "European Air War" and hit "Find Now".)

Once the eaw.ini file is opened, you can edit anything in it the same way that you would change text in any Notepad or Wordpad document. For screenshots, go to the very bottom of the Notepad and find the line "ScreenCapture=". There should be something written after it. To change to "RMenu", you simply type "RMenu" after the "equals" sign. After changing it, it should look like this: ScreenCapture=RMEMU
When you close the Notepad, you will likely be prompted if you want to save the changes. Click on "Yes" and you are done.

Bear in mind that this IS case sensitive: You must type "RMENU" in all capital letters. "RMenu" will not work! Neither will "Rmenu" or anything else like it.

You can in fact, change the screenshot key (or any other key) to any key you want. I use the Insert key (ScreenCapture=INSERT). The only thing to remember here is that you can only change to a key that EAW does not currently use for anything else.

Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.