Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Changing Meatwaters Volume

Author Topic: Changing Meatwaters Volume
rjm
Member # 1373

posted 01-09-2000 10:40 AM     Profile for rjm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Love MeatWaters sounds..want .50 cal louder. His site is down right now. He sent msg saying can be adj, instruction in the 2.5 update readme...lost it, afraid to reinstall when everything is working so well. Don't want to keep bothering him with EMail. Does anyone know how to do this? Also why is his site unavailable now? I was there 1-7-00.
Posts: 264 | From: Fairview, Michigan | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Twitch
Member # 75

posted 01-09-2000 10:58 AM     Profile for Twitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You need to use his old version 1.3 20mm sound as your .50 cal sound. It is great! The new 20mm is more robust too.
Posts: 638 | From: L.A. CA U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rjm
Member # 1373

posted 01-09-2000 11:27 AM     Profile for rjm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Tks..I will try that right now..but I do like the .50 Cal. sound (I save the original one), it just isn't loud enough for me....and MeatWater sent me a msg saying the individual sound could be adjusted (turned up) but I can't find any instruction on how to do it. Or maybe I am just reading his msg wrong. This is what he sent me: Concerning the .50's, get the v2.5 update from my website, among other issues it also adresses the sound and volume of the .50 Cal.

Hope you'll like it, and thanks for enjoying my work!
http://www.meatwater.de

MeatWater

[This message has been edited by rjm (edited 01-09-2000).]

Cortilein
Member # 1503

posted 01-09-2000 01:38 PM     Profile for Cortilein     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi rjm!

The SND sounds of EAW can be edited after having been transformed to RAW files with the tool SND2RAW.EXE included in the 1942 - Turning Point in Europe campaign add-on.

After doing this, you should be able to open the file with Cool Edit 96 / Cool Edit Pro by Syntrillium software. Unfortunately, the shareware versions that are available for download there have the saving function disabled, and registering those programs is VERY expensive (400 US-$!). After that you could do any changes you like, save the edited file and transform it back with the tool RAW2SND.EXE also included in the 1942 campaign add-on.

I have heard rumours about an older version of that audio software called Cool Edit 95, that was in its days absolutely functional shareware, including the saving option. Maybe you'd like to search some shareware websites for this one, would save LOTS of money...

------------------
Cord Hartmann

Cord's EAW Page

rjm
Member # 1373

posted 01-10-2000 04:56 AM     Profile for rjm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The .50 cal. are perfect....
Cord,
A little over my head, I've only had this computer for a few months, therefore, I have neither the knowledge nor the cash for something like that......right now.........
But I saved your reply. S. Thanks for the info. Been to your site, nice.
NOTE: MeatWaters site is up now, I must have visited during an update. After reading all there, I believe he must have ment to switch the sounds also.

[This message has been edited by rjm (edited 01-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by rjm (edited 01-10-2000).]

JayP
Member # 858

posted 01-10-2000 06:25 AM     Profile for JayP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The sound editing program that came with my Soundblaster Live! converts RAW files to WAVs. You can then edit them and convert them back to RAWs. Then you use RAW2SND to convert the file back to EAW's format. That's how I turned up the volume on Meatwater's .50s.
Der Fremd Fokker
Member # 806

posted 01-11-2000 01:32 AM     Profile for Der Fremd Fokker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Does anyone know how to turn down the volume for the external views without lowering the volume in the cockpit?

I find them way too loud, especially the engine sounds.

Posts: 107 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cortilein
Member # 1503

posted 01-11-2000 05:10 PM     Profile for Cortilein     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey, Derek!

Well, that's exactly what I did to the files, and I've assembled them in a zip-file.
The volumes inside and outside the cockpit are now almost equal, and you can clearly hear the radio transmissions again while in an exterior view.

Unfortunately, I had to temporarily disable the download ability of the zip on my site, but i hope to gain some more webspace soon so that i can upload it again.

See ya,

Cord

------------------
Cord Hartmann

Cord's EAW Page

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.