Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Tech help

Author Topic: Tech help
highlander
Member # 1024

posted 01-10-2000 05:28 PM     Profile for highlander   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OK so it isn't exactly eaw related, but i trust you guys more than the other forums.

I have a logitech wingman force thats giving me some problems. I have it plugged into the game port(not usb) with dx 7.0a. In games such as eaw(see!) i get sporadic and uncotrolabel commands. What this means is that guns are going off without me pulling the trigger, flaps extending without pushing a button etc etc etc

Also the force feedback seems to be intermitant in eaw and mig alley. I think the stick has gone bad, but i also think it could be the port, or dx 7.0a or aggghhhh!!!!!

any ideas would be appreciated

thanks

highlander

------------------
"You have no idea of how blood thirsty
I've become and how much pleasure I get
in killing Huns."

William Avery Bishop
V.C.,D.S.O.,M.C.,C.B.,D.F.C.,E.D.,
CdeG avec Palme, Legion DHonneur.

Posts: 110 | From: Waterloo,ontario,canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
LLv34_Snefens
Member # 72

posted 01-10-2000 07:35 PM     Profile for LLv34_Snefens   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I think the problem is in your Wingman Profiler. Try to either delete EAW's profile in it, or get the newest profiler software.

------------------
LLv34 Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34

Posts: 329 | From: Aarhus, Denmark | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MajorLee
Member # 386

posted 01-10-2000 07:55 PM     Profile for MajorLee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Have you tried to set up your stick with the EAW configuration panel? The "official" line from MPS is to not use any kind of "stick profile" software. You can also go into the EAW.ini file and type in various settings there. GO to my FAQ page and you can see my complete EAW.ini file.

Major Lee

Posts: 1374 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 01-10-2000 08:14 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You might also try the usb. DX7.0a is designed to use the usb for sticks.

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.