Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » EAW skinmanager

Author Topic: EAW skinmanager
le boucher
Member # 1155

posted 01-09-2000 01:54 AM     Profile for le boucher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ok, can anyone help me with this skinmanager?
I've installed the program and it has created all the folders for the planes.
I've placed in each folder the appropriate skins and I've deleted the skins in the EAW-folder.
The skins don't work now. It would be kinda silly to leave the skins in the EAW-folder, otherwise the program wouldn't have any meaning. I thought the program's purpose was to have several skins for one plane.
Help me out please

Posts: 11 | From: Antwerp, Belgium | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gen Savage
Member # 585

posted 01-09-2000 04:06 PM     Profile for Gen Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Bump.
Posts: 1642 | From: Houston, Tx USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
TEFjr
Member # 1667

posted 01-09-2000 08:29 PM     Profile for TEFjr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I don't know if this is right but this is how I use it. It will create a folder in your EAW directory called "TexSkin" which has a folder for each plane. When I download a skin, I place the zip file in the appropriate plane folder. It was the only way I could keep more than one skin at a time in a folder. If I want to load a skin, let's say P51B, here's what I do. Using windows explorer open the "TexSkin" folder in EAW and click on the P51B folder. I have about 5 skins there still as zip files, I use Free Zip. I pick one out and unzip it. Now the P51B folder has the unzipped files for one P51B skin and the zipped files for the other P51B's that I have. Now I exit and open EAW skinner.exe. I have mine in EAW Stab. If you don't have it,get it! When you open the skinner, click on the P51B file on the left side and you will see the tpc files you unzipped and you can transfer them into the EAW directory. It will ask you if you want to delete the source file, answer no. When you want to go back to your original skin or load a new one, leaving the skin files and not deleting them lets you know which ones to transfer out. When I transfer files out of the EAW directory back to the "TexSkin" plane folder, I delete the source files Then when asked. Now you're back to original skins or ready for new ones. At this point using windows explorer I go to the "TexSkin" P51B folder and delete the unzipped files for the skin I just transfered out. If you have more than one plane file unzipped you can't tell which is which and some of them have the same name. Whew! Sorry to be so long winded. As I said, I don't know if this is right but it works for me.

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.