Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » bf 109 and hard roll to the left....

Author Topic: bf 109 and hard roll to the left....
Smalltalk_2k
Member # 1517

posted 01-06-2000 01:18 PM     Profile for Smalltalk_2k   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Is my joystick out of whack or does the bf 109 like to roll to the left?

------------------
-- Talk small and carry a big class library --
Anyone know where I can get a gallon of prop wash? --

Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 01-06-2000 01:54 PM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That's torque. I experienced this once when I was coming in for a landing, even though I had torque turned off! Haven't experienced it since, though (with it turned off).

So, not sure if I (and you) was experiencing the real torque settings or if it was a seldom seen bug.

Another seldom seen bug I've seen with this plane is the occasional loss of power, suddenly your crawling along at 200kph! This after completing a sweep with no bullets in the plane.

So, in EAW, the Emil is a persnickety old kite that will occasionally act up on you. I'm sure the real things all had personalities and quirks, too, so I don't mind the bugs.

------------------
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly
developed it may be." - Adolf Galland.

Posts: 370 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada. | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Doc Halliday
Member # 1242

posted 01-06-2000 01:58 PM     Profile for Doc Halliday     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I have the same problems with the english version of "Crawling along at 200 KPH" It seems as though after a few runs through the bombers I have lost all power and ability to climb or accelerate. I think that means we've taken a round or two in the radiator. I checked the temps but they seem OK, still no power...
Posts: 121 | From: Syracuse, NY | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Opa
Member # 125

posted 01-06-2000 02:18 PM     Profile for Opa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Try a take-off in the G10/R4, for some REAL torque!

------------------
Der Opa

Posts: 710 | From: Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
kbedford
Member # 1451

posted 01-07-2000 01:38 AM     Profile for kbedford   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A 'real' 109 would immediately roll onto its back and nose into the ground if pulled off the ground too soon or if full throttle was re-applied at very low speed whilst landing...
The EAW 109's aren't that bad but it adds to the interest of flying them!
But I seem to get the same torque reaction reducing throttle as applying it - ie roll in thesame direction when it should be the opposite?
Cheers,
Keith

Posts: 71 | From: Hemel Hempstead,UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Capitan Manduca
Member # 918

posted 01-07-2000 01:44 AM     Profile for Capitan Manduca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The torque. Try to fly the Hurricane with the same settings... stable as a rock!!

------------------
"Roll over, spin round and come in behind them. Move to their blindsides and firing again"
Iron Maiden - Aces High

Posts: 888 | From: Madrid, España | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tannethal
Member # 666

posted 01-07-2000 04:51 AM     Profile for Tannethal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Me 109:

wasn't one side of the tail rudder flat to compensate the torque?
Althoug I know of the bad rolling behavior of the 109 on the ground. You had to apply rudder after the tail came up from the ground, otherwise the plane would have yawed to the left and crashed when the main gear broke.

Posts: 537 | From: Olbernhau Germany | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
CharlieRomeo
Member # 1786

posted 01-07-2000 08:23 PM     Profile for CharlieRomeo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A Smalltalker, eh? Rare breed ...

Good for you; my objects are Python ones these days.

all: objects
all: theTime

Posts: 3 | From: Sydney, NSW, Australia | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
jerrykraut
Member # 1430

posted 01-09-2000 07:16 AM     Profile for jerrykraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
To Tannethal: your rigt.
At other planes the engineers constructed differend ways to that problem involved by the turning propeller:
The Jug: the tail fin was in an angle to the right side, beleave the Mustang too.
At other planes, the engine was mounted in an angle counterwise to the propellers rotation.
At other planes, the engineers use a nonsymetrical profile at the tailfin (109).
But in critical situations, (landing is a more tricky situaton than starting an powerfull plane, espacally one with a big prop and small gear) the deflection angle of the tail fin will work not so well as the deflection angle from the engine.
In this well done Sim (all reality options on), you will have to act like a real pilot.
This means too, that you must know, which direction your plane rolls best, left or right. My favorite, the 190, in real was able to outperform every other at left-turn rolls.

Posts: 95 | From: Niedersachsen, Germany | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.