Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Stores Jettison?

Author Topic: Stores Jettison?
Doc Halliday
Member # 1242

posted 01-06-2000 09:34 AM     Profile for Doc Halliday     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Has anyone been able to get the squadron to dump their bombs on an "Offensive Fighter Sweep" when the bad guys show up? Drop Tanks is fine, but the AI seems to think that it's perfectly acceptable to do battle with an extra few thousand pounds strapped to their belly. Is there a fix we can get for this?

Doc

Posts: 121 | From: Syracuse, NY | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
HarryM
Member # 1395

posted 01-06-2000 09:57 AM     Profile for HarryM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I don't know of a way. Did a quick mission once in a ME-110, 4 110's against two squadrons of P-47s and P-38s. My wingies were slaughtered nearly instantly, I managed to shoot down two of the Amis before I got wacked, at which point I changed to external view and saw I was carrying two bombs and two external tanks!! (now the first thing I do is pause and go to external to see what kind of junk is on my crate...)

Maybe you could pick out a nearby ground target and tell the wingies to attack it? Hopefully they'd dump the bombs on it...

------------------
"Hast du schon mit dem Teufel getanzt?"

Posts: 1130 | From: Salinas, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blade
Member # 295

posted 01-06-2000 10:02 AM     Profile for Blade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Since most of ur wingies can not hit anything anyway. What I do is normaly set all others without stores except my own section. This way I can get the others to engage AI fighters clean and still have one section (mine) still carrying the bombs to go for the ground targets. If ur section is jumped then just order ur section to attack ground targets. They may drop their bombs on something even tho not the intended target. U always have th option to drop ur bombs but then u might get a mission failure. But anything other then a large building or the airfield itself, u can take out most targets with ur ground guns anyway, so no real probm.

Blade

[This message has been edited by Blade (edited 01-06-2000).]

Posts: 158 | From: Nepean, Onatrio, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.