Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » EAW Pic of the day

Author Topic: EAW Pic of the day
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 01-03-2000 10:39 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
heheh hows this for eaw related?

Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 01-03-2000 10:43 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OH heres another one ... OK OK i know im causing trouble but i couldnt resist it

Pauldoe
Member # 52

posted 01-03-2000 10:48 AM     Profile for Pauldoe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Fool
Posts: 45 | From: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 01-03-2000 10:54 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
hhhmm who is more foolish? .. me for posting it or you for reading what was in the subject line and deciding to take a look and call me a fool. hhhmmm what a dilema eh?
Opa
Member # 125

posted 01-03-2000 11:04 AM     Profile for Opa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You're acting like an idiot.

------------------
Der Opa

Posts: 710 | From: Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 01-03-2000 11:12 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
you know what.. i guess i am ... oh well. I guess i was hit by the dredded Y2K bug and have gone insane.
Opa
Member # 125

posted 01-03-2000 11:18 AM     Profile for Opa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I too could start dozens of topics with sexy pictures of Vladmir Putin(that may be a challenge, btw.), or comment in a new topic every day on the current situation in Kashmir, Chechnya, Hungary, or Spjelkarvik. But I don't. Why? It hasn't got anything to do with EAW. So you say that fighter pilots used to fill their lockers with pin-ups, well, hey, they discuss much more than that, so why don't WE??? Do you want this to be a EAW-forum or not?

------------------
Der Opa

Posts: 710 | From: Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 01-03-2000 12:24 PM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Opa,

I respect your opinions as much as any other here, You have hit on the point i was trying to make by placing this post. You have as much right to post whatever thread you want here EAW related or not. As Long as the subject matter matches the content there should be no problem what so ever.

I have one question is it the amount of posts that bother you or is it the content. Everyone seems to have lost the point, havent they? There are arguments pointing to the content and yet in the same breath they complain that thye cant find EAW related topics because of them. Personally i havent had a problem finding any EAW related topics amidst the Babe posts as they are all clearly marked. Opa i am not flaming or arguing just trying to point things out.

Opa
Member # 125

posted 01-03-2000 12:53 PM     Profile for Opa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The EAW-related topics are being shoveled at the bottom of the pile, because people keep posting babe-threads. The number of non-EAW-threads is bothering me, because it DOES mean that people may get confused, ESPECIALLY newbies. Some of the threads are actually killed because of this excessive posting; there is simply more replies to the babe-threads.

And let me get one thing straight. This is NOT about denying anyone the freedom of speech. I am not opposed to the babe-pics because they offend me(they don't), I'm opposed to them because they don't belong here. Please, think of the other people here as well. Sure, if we don't want to see the posts, we can ignore them. That argument was valid when a babe-thread occured once in a while. Not anymore. Not when several babe-threads are created in a single day.

------------------
Der Opa

mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 01-03-2000 12:58 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Opa,

I'm confus'd here!!!!

I guess what I need is your def of a "non-EAW" thread.

Help me out, I wanta be a good little frat boy...LOL

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Opa
Member # 125

posted 01-03-2000 01:19 PM     Profile for Opa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A thread that isn't related to EAW, such as a babe-thread. Don't get me wrong, I thought(and still think) that these posts were all right when they appeared once in a while, but now that several such threads are being created each day, they are too plentiful.

------------------
Der Opa

[This message has been edited by Opa (edited 01-03-2000).]

Tailspin
Member # 86

posted 01-03-2000 01:28 PM     Profile for Tailspin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ok, Lets all ask ourselves "Do we really want another dry, boring, run of the mill flight sim forum?" IMO the diversity here is what keeps this forum fresh. If you could view my browser you would find many threads un-viewed, most of them "babe" threads BTW. As for turning away newbies, it seems to me that in the last month or so there have been more newbies joining the EAW community than since I started posting here in July. A common comment seems to be that this forum is not only informative but FUN. Its been said many times before and I'll say again, this forum (EAW) seems to be unique in its comradeship and tolerance for differing viewpoints. No flame wars here. Lets keep this forum "alive". I think Babes, the Germlish, the Jokers, the Techies, the Hardcore,(simmers that is ), the Modest and the Profane can all come to a compromise and still be our helpful,witty,entertaining selves. You don't have to surrender your opinion to others...ever! I just don't want to sink into the mundane, blah,blah, threads you find everywhere else.
Posts: 1895 | From: Metropolis USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 01-03-2000 01:41 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Opa,

Which is why I applaud Doug on his stepping in on the BABES question. But Tailspin and others have a good point, the diversity and humor mixed in with the help and information DO make this a very enjoyable place to be.

I guess I have to go back to my original question, When is a thread "non-EAW"? Is it like Art, we know it when we see it?

Boy is that gonna cause some long threads!!!!

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Opa
Member # 125

posted 01-03-2000 01:44 PM     Profile for Opa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I know, Tailspin, I know, but how far are you willing to go? In the previous discussion with Chris, the posts at least had a connection with EAW. Now, we are practically replacing EAW with babe-pics. This is becoming a babe-forum with an occasional EAW-post. Diversity is fine. But this is going to far. Do we really need to post pictures of half-naked women in order to keep up our interest in EAW? I hope not.

------------------
Der Opa

Tailspin
Member # 86

posted 01-03-2000 02:01 PM     Profile for Tailspin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Opa...Your point is also well taken. And I agree with the idea that this is after all a forum dedicated to EAW. I think the inherent lack of "stimulation" in the day after day "techno-how-to"?? questions breeds threads like germlish and babes. It fights the boredom. Also I think, like the "germlish invasion" the "babe" threads will die down on their own. I just hate to see the ADMIN get involved over a difference of opinion. I would rather be free to post what I want(within the proper bounds of decency) than have "Big Brother" regulating me.(Must be that "60's" mindset resurfacing. ) The Forum does get cluttered up now and again, but one man's clutter is another man's treasure!
Posts: 1895 | From: Metropolis USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 01-04-2000 10:24 AM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Actually, I read 'EAW pic of the day' and assumed it was some cool WW2 plane or gun camera shot. I guess I still have faith that this board will keep to it's official subject matter.

So I'd have to say that this thread is childish and wasted my time. Let's get our brains in gear, guys! Go searching out there for cool World War 2 stuff if your bored!

------------------
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly
developed it may be." - Adolf Galland.

Posts: 370 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada. | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 01-04-2000 10:45 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
WAIT arent you guys seeing the EAW planes? i thought they were good screen shots. guess not.
Donster
Member # 196

posted 01-04-2000 11:22 AM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CFran,

No shots seen. Just xoom add in both posts.
Running Explorer 5.

Donster

[This message has been edited by Donster (edited 01-04-2000).]

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
HarryM
Member # 1395

posted 01-04-2000 11:28 AM     Profile for HarryM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was only able to see the ad, then I did a right click properties on the picture (ad) for the link and then pasted into my address line. I was then able to see the pictures (which truly aren't bad and ARE EAW related...)

Maybe the others thought you were deliberately posting the ad...?

Posts: 1130 | From: Salinas, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Nashwan
Member # 91

posted 01-04-2000 11:44 AM     Profile for Nashwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I see you fly with the HUD on, then.
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 01-04-2000 12:24 PM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
AHHHH !!! I see and i thought they were being wise crackers... HHHHMMM TAKE IT BACK BOYS =P go see these pics if all you see is a xoom ad.. you will like em .. i think? .. if not oh well to each his own
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 01-04-2000 12:49 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ok. I'm afraid I don't get it. They're in game screenshots. Can anyone tell me what the controversy is? The only explanation that I can come up with for the tizzy is that the only thing some of you can see in the thread are the Xoom logos. Surely you guys don't think the "X" in Xoom stands for X-rated. It doesn't. Xoom is a web based company that hosts web sites for free, just like Geocities, Fortune City, etc.

Airbuddha - Yeah, I called you Shirley. Whadya gonna do about it?

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 01-04-2000 01:10 PM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
hhhmmm ... thanks guys i thought i was going nuts there for a sec. i was begining to think that EAW screen shots were an unacceptable post here on the EAW forum.
Donster
Member # 196

posted 01-04-2000 01:33 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Guys,

Yes I know Xoom is a Web company. I am saying that all that you see is there little square Logo add and not the screen shots. This happened to me also when I would try to post a photo from a Xoom site. I e-mailed Doug Helmer about it a week or so ago and he wasn't sure why you can not see the photo, but that sometimes if you wait long enough it will sometimes appear. I also noticed that on occasion if you hit your browser back button and then forward quickly sometimes you can see the image. Only had this problem from Xoom sites.

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 01-04-2000 04:06 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Donster,

The question wasn't leveled toward you. We already know that you were frantically clicking on the "X" to follow the link to XXXoom.com

Airbuddha - A mind is a terrible thing.

Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 01-04-2000 04:10 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
DOH! I was joking, but then thought. Maybe there really is a XXXoom.com, and sure enough, there is. Oops!

Airbuddha

Donster
Member # 196

posted 01-04-2000 04:18 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Airbuddha,

Don't you hate it when that happens?

Donster

Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 01-04-2000 04:26 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'll get you Donster! You set me up. Oh, you're the clever one aren't you? You diabolical fiend! You've caused me to inadvertently post X-rated links on our pristine EAW forum. I'll get you Donster aka Dr. Evil!

Airbuddha - Vengeance is mine. I will repay saith Airbuddha

Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 01-04-2000 04:32 PM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My apologies, mr frisco, I too thought you were being a dumbahss, but after much fiddling, have finally glimpsed the triumphant 109 and the B17 pieces.

Great pic, and we should all post more of our favorite pics with the story of the event.

------------------
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly
developed it may be." - Adolf Galland.

Posts: 370 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada. | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 01-04-2000 04:54 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Airbuddha,

HEE HEE HEE!

Dr. Evil

CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 01-04-2000 05:24 PM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gavin,

I guess you have not been here long enough to know that i would not sully the good name of EAW forum with callous posts.

Apologies accepted. AND DONT EVER call me DUMBASS AGAIN! =P

Opa
Member # 125

posted 01-05-2000 12:13 PM     Profile for Opa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sorry about that, Cfran. That was a bit too technical for me, I'm afraid...

------------------
Der Opa

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.