Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Help Me Help You

Author Topic: Help Me Help You
Pharaoh
Member # 1123

posted 01-01-2000 09:38 AM     Profile for Pharaoh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey guys (and ladies)!

Hoping one of you can help me out here. I have recently put all of my Vera Lynn songs into the computer.

Many of my squadron mates would like them as well but as you can well imagine, sending 1 meg files through email can be considerably slow.

Being a fan of the venerable Dame Vera Lynn, I have no doubt there are many of you as well who would enjoy her music. Rather than sending them over and over again as i get requests for them, I was wondering if any of you knew of a web site I could upload them to and then just offer the URL to access when anyone asks for them later. Would make things considerably easier on me as well as not tying up my phone line as long as I have been.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

and converted them as well to MP3 format to make sending them via email a little quicker

------------------
"A mind is like a parachute; it only functions when it is open." Sir Lewis Dewar

Posts: 2180 | From: Harrison, AR,USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 01-01-2000 09:56 AM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Pharaoh,

A few days back someone posted something here that might help you. I don't remember who or what the title was, but it had to do with using a site on ebay to temp post pics and files.

Anybody remember that or is it the last remains of the Black Bush talking!!!!

(Coffee, I need coffee)

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Pharaoh
Member # 1123

posted 01-01-2000 10:14 AM     Profile for Pharaoh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
LOL! Thanks Mane, I know how you feel, still working off half a bottle of Drambui. I think I know why the Scots talk funny, half a bottle of that stuff and I was talking funny too.

Yeah, i had posted the advice for using the auction free pic post but dont know if that would work with any other kind of file. Worth checking into though, thanks for reminding me.

Salute!

------------------
"A mind is like a parachute; it only functions when it is open." Sir Lewis Dewar

Posts: 2180 | From: Harrison, AR,USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.