Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » One final, desperate plea for help with Logitech Wingman Force before I explode

Author Topic: One final, desperate plea for help with Logitech Wingman Force before I explode
bucky-s
Member # 1588

posted 12-30-1999 12:04 AM     Profile for bucky-s   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Logitech Wingman Force has not been able to recognize button commands since I "upgraded" to DirectX 7.0a. Flight axes, throttle and rudder work fine, but no commands, so I've lost my trigger, views, everything...
Anyone know of a fix for this? Help appreciated.

Button commands kick in maybe one out of every 10 boots or so. The other nine times --nada.

Machine specs are Pent II 350, Voodoo2 Blaster 12MB, SB LIVE! Value, Win 98, Logitech Wingman Force USB.

Running EAW 1.2, ECA 1.4.

I've re-installed both Wingman software and EAW, along with ALL appropriate patches, and am now at my wit's end. As I mutter under my breath "No more pain...no more Y2K angst...no more crashes and lockups...", my quivering hand is reaching for Grandpa's old cavalry revolver...

------------------
Your own personal encounter with the most gorgeous models on the Net absolutely FREE @ http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/alley/6207

Posts: 179 | From: Shizuoka City, Japan | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
MajorLee
Member # 386

posted 12-30-1999 05:43 AM     Profile for MajorLee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For God's sake, don't do it Bucky, don't shoot your computer... Seriously, have you contacted Logitech? Maybe they know something. Or, have you considered uninstalling DX7a and reinstalling DX6.1? Or perhaps you should boot it ten times, so you get that one special boot, then leave it running.... Sorry I can't be more help. but I don't have a Logitech stick, and don't know that much about computers.

Major Lee

Posts: 1374 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
bucky-s
Member # 1588

posted 12-30-1999 06:59 AM     Profile for bucky-s   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Major,

Love your site, by the way. I've downloaded some very funky skins from you. Thanks.

As for this Logitech thingie, well, after trying everything I could think of for about 12 hours today -- with the consequential marital stress such time and effort involves -- I seem to have gotten the thing running. Who knows, though. One more boot and I may be back to square one again.

Then again, maybe I'll go back to "Hellcats Over The Pacific" or "A-10:ATTACK!" on my Performa 6200.

How's THAT for some nostalgia!

p.s. Have you checked out my Website? With your WW2 interest, it might be worth your time.

Bucky

------------------
Your own personal encounter with the most gorgeous models on the Net absolutely FREE @ http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/alley/6207

HarryM
Member # 1395

posted 12-30-1999 09:14 AM     Profile for HarryM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I have heard that with DirectX you sometimes have to reinstall a couple of times in order for it to work. Did 7.0 work fine? I had problems with my Saitek USB with 7.0 that got fixed with 7.0a.
Posts: 1130 | From: Salinas, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 12-30-1999 02:31 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
bucky-s,

Dad,

Here is what to do.
1. Put down the revolver.
2. Get your will updated to show me as your benificiary.
3. Take that joystick and throw it in Tokyo Bay. Let Godzilla have something to play with on New Years.
4. Go buy a new force feedback stick.(don't spend to much of my inheritance!)
5. Mail out my first allowance check.

Now since I just saved your life, or your computers, how about setting me up with one of your lovely female college students? Send picture first for approval!

Donster (son II)

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
bucky-s
Member # 1588

posted 12-30-1999 06:30 PM     Profile for bucky-s   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Donster, go look at Cfran's Asian Babe post.

HarryM, thanks for the advice. I'll try that.

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.