Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » The "Babes" in non-Babe threads.

Author Topic: The "Babes" in non-Babe threads.
Karnak
Member # 139

posted 12-21-1999 05:27 PM     Profile for Karnak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I like the "Babes" as much as the next guy, but I sometimes read the forum while at work. It could cause a "difficult" situation if I happen upon some of the pictures that are not in the "Babe" threads. I was wondering if we could restrict them to threads that give some indication that their pictures show up in the thread. I would like some way of avoiding them at work. I do view them when I get home, but at work I must avoid anything like that. I know that most of the pictures in non-"Babe" threads are placed there in appriciation of the efforts made by the thread's creator to improve our favorite sim, but please create a new thread to place your tributes in.

Thanks. I really appriciate all of the effort you guys go through.

Sisu

Posts: 461 | From: San Rafael, California, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 12-21-1999 05:36 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
While I agree with your feelings, I must point out (and please don't take this as a flame) that many companies use firewalls to filter internet content.

I work for one such company. I cannot even access this site from work, let alone look at "babes". The folks I work with grumbled at first but now have come to realize that using the internet for work means just that, work. You are, after all, on the company's computer, using the company's internet connection, powered by electricity paid for by the company, and are being paid to be there at your desk by the company.

Ok having said all of that, I do agree there should be some sort of, and I hate to use the word, censorship. After all there may be children on this site.

Flame-retardent suit on, ready for replies now.

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
S|im
Member # 1377

posted 12-21-1999 05:40 PM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ive come to enjoy the babes!!

They are all put here in good taste, and everyone here is mature enough to know what is respectable and appropriate. I think everyone does a good job of keeping the 'hotty's' in threads labeled as so.

In fact I havent seen a thread yet with a babe picture in it that wasnt labeled as so, am I missing something?

Anyways....Im all for it...keep the girls coming.

Tobiwan
Member # 420

posted 12-21-1999 05:48 PM     Profile for Tobiwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ha! I'm not mature dammit!

Anyhow I agree....if you dont put the babes on clearly labelled posts I'll have to LOOK for them!

Posts: 893 | From: Amanzimtoti, KWA-Zulu, South Africa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Karnak
Member # 139

posted 12-21-1999 07:49 PM     Profile for Karnak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I do like them as well. Now that I am at home there is not any problem, but at work, well, you guys know how things are now-a-days. My boss does know that I use the company connection to do some browsing, and he doesn't mind (I leave home at 6:30, get to work at 7:40, leave work between 17:00 and 18:00 and get home at 18:30 to 19:30).

Thanks all.

Sisu

Posts: 461 | From: San Rafael, California, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Reese
Member # 156

posted 12-21-1999 09:33 PM     Profile for Reese   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey Karnak, I realize this is off-topic, but what happened with the gun research you were doing?
Karnak
Member # 139

posted 12-21-1999 10:34 PM     Profile for Karnak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Work happened. I also never got any word back about what people thought that I should do to refine it.

Sisu

Der Fremd Fokker
Member # 806

posted 12-21-1999 11:08 PM     Profile for Der Fremd Fokker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gun research? Zat ist just what Ich bin looking fur at der moment. Can someone enlighten me on zis?
Posts: 107 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG5_Jerry
Member # 1076

posted 12-22-1999 01:33 AM     Profile for JG5_Jerry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lol - with regards to work surfing - you help the company earn their revenue, they get more out of it than you do, so in a way you've earnt it . That's just my philosophy anyhow...
Posts: 702 | From: Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 12-22-1999 06:07 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The best part of being a system administrator is that I am the GUY who dictates the content that passes through the fire wall HAHAH and you know .. i really dont give a ... so HAPPY SURFIN BOYS!!
Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lab Rat
Member # 1343

posted 12-22-1999 02:11 PM     Profile for Lab Rat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Watch it CFran!!!! That was close!! LOL

----------------
Check Six & aim for the Cheese

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.