Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Meatwater Sounds!

Author Topic: Meatwater Sounds!
Casey
Member # 873

posted 12-20-1999 10:30 PM     Profile for Casey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
To all those who are unsure about trying Meatwater sound packs:

I was hesitant. I thought the sounds in EAW were fine, except that my own engine never sounded as good as the ones in SDOE or CFS.

Here's my advice...

TRY IT! I downloaded and installed the sound pack (2.0 I believe) tonight. I can't believe the difference. It's excellent. my engine sounds 100% better and the guns are much more realistic.

Too bad the woman is asleep; I feel like cranking the speakers up and taking the P-47 for a ride!

Good hunting.

Posts: 636 | From: America | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
FR
Member # 1509

posted 12-20-1999 10:32 PM     Profile for FR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey casey you there?
Posts: 17 | From: Abbott,Tx.,US | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 12-21-1999 11:47 AM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After I got the Meatwater Soundpack, I purchased some good quality headphones, so that the wife could sleep in peace.

I HIGHLY reccommend this. They add to the game, by giving you radio messages thru the headphones, as they were heard in real life.

When the engine is cranking, you can barely hear the radio (on the settings I use) which is how i think it really was.

Or maybe I'm giving myself permanent ear damage. Oh well. It's the funnest damage I've ever taken!

------------------
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly
developed it may be." - Adolf Galland.

Posts: 370 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada. | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
HarryM
Member # 1395

posted 12-21-1999 11:55 AM     Profile for HarryM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I installed them last night (along with ECA 1.4). A definite improvement. The only stock sound that I liked from before was flak, and that doesn't sound different. Especially like the new Jet Engine and Inline engine sounds. Radial engine sound seems a bit too "nasty" to me. 30MM cannon has a nice thump too it...

ECA's faster bullets definitely improved my markmanship. Was able to dust 6 190Ds in a 'Bolt...

Posts: 1130 | From: Salinas, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Der Fremd Fokker
Member # 806

posted 12-21-1999 12:57 PM     Profile for Der Fremd Fokker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ja, MeatWater's sounds really add to der immersion factor. I've hooked mein computenmaschinen up to a Sony Hi-Fi system. Now der flak bursts really hurt.

Recently Ich bit der bullet und downloaded der grosse version of MeatWater's soundpack, which includes neu musik und German briefings. 17Mb but worth it IMHO.

Nearly wet mein lederhosen der first time Ich reported fur der briefing. Ach Himmel! zat guy really means it!

Posts: 107 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.