Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » New Question for Ya'll...

Author Topic: New Question for Ya'll...
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 12-19-1999 12:31 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Do any of you take a few shots at someone hanging from a chute?

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Casey
Member # 873

posted 12-19-1999 01:13 PM     Profile for Casey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I thought about it yesterday but didn't. It's not that I felt it was bad form or something, so much as I was trying to get out of the area and didn't want to waste the time and/or energy.

But speaking of dethroned airmen...

I saw a new one yesterday. I watched a pair of Ju-88s crash land. In both cases, the crew jumped out and ran away from the wreckage before it exploded! Wow- I had no idea stuff like that was hidden in the sim.

Now; had I seen it from my cockpit instead of in the F12 view, would I have fired on them? Yes. No sense letting some English farmer or child get shot by a pissed off junkers crew!

Good hunting.

Posts: 636 | From: America | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 12-19-1999 01:13 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Not Yet! Most chutes I get a chance at are comrades!

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 12-19-1999 01:57 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Casey,

Go shoot up a column of trucks, half tracks or tanks. Watch'em run. Be careful when you head back to strafe, the ground comes up VERY fast!!

------------------

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JWC
Member # 116

posted 12-19-1999 07:08 PM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So far I've only tried to shoot down wingmen (single missions only) who have screwed up perfect bounces by opening fire way out of range and scaring the target off. After the "wingidiots" bail out I try to shoot them if I can! (unfortunately, you can't seem to do this in EAW.......they're impervious to damage)
Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JWC
Member # 116

posted 12-19-1999 07:10 PM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Something else..........when trying to shoot down a "wingidiot", I HAVE deliberately hosed his plane down well after he was going to go down just to break a wing off so he couldn't bail out..........
Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 12-19-1999 07:11 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Get'm when he lands, he cannot be allowed to spread his genes. It's for the good of the human race.

------------------

Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 12-20-1999 11:33 AM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I used to do it regularly in Secret Weapons. The chute would collapse, and the guy would plummet to his death.

In EAW, I have somehow discovered my moral side and it's just not proper. It's also a big waste of precious ammo.

Posts: 370 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada. | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Casey
Member # 873

posted 12-20-1999 08:03 PM     Profile for Casey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mane:

Shot up a small group of trucks in my P-38 last night. Yup, same little grey-uniformed dudes came running out all over the place.

COOL.

They "blowed up" real good too!

Good hunting.

Posts: 636 | From: America | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tobiwan
Member # 420

posted 12-21-1999 04:04 AM     Profile for Tobiwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yes, I remeber Pilot kills in SWOTL.

When I was flying the US campaign I shot down german pilots so that they would run out of pilots sooner. It worked. I punched four poor devils chutes in one mission in my P-51B.

Posts: 893 | From: Amanzimtoti, KWA-Zulu, South Africa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.