Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Auto Terrain

Author Topic: Auto Terrain
Hawk
Member # 1462

posted 12-20-1999 07:19 PM     Profile for Hawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
How do we make all terrains show up? Pacific, Mediteranian. I tried creating a new folder but it doesn't show up as a terrain choice.
Posts: 76 | From: Va. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 12-20-1999 07:22 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Only "terrains" supported are spring, summer, autumn, and winter. But you can place any terrain files you wish into each of these folders.

The folders are blank until you fill them.

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 12-20-1999 07:35 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Is that true for the spring terrain folder or does that one have to be empty? Another question, HEHE.
Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
matttm
Member # 662

posted 12-20-1999 07:43 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Any folder that is blank will use EAW's terrain by default. You can load any terrain set into any folder you wish.

The Terrain set mappings I gave in the ReadMe.txt were my recommendations only. You may want to use JayP's Terrain set for Summer, thats fine. Just unzip that set into the Summer folder.

Matt.

Posts: 692 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 12-20-1999 07:44 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You can fill all the folders, but if you do then you will never get the EAW terrain back without going in and deleting all the .terr files within the EAW folder.

IMHO it is better to leave one empty just in case, but hey that's up to you. I mean anybody that has snow blowing in an open window and a woodstove set on High must be willing to take a chance once an a while, right? So go ahead delete them files, me, I'll let Matt's product do it for me.

------------------

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
matttm
Member # 662

posted 12-20-1999 08:03 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You do not need to leave any folder empty.

Selecting the Use EAW Default Terrain option deletes all *.TER from the EAW folder and does nothing more. This effectively resets the terrain to EAW installation default.

The Load Spring, Summer... options do the above first and then load the appropriate terrain files from the appropriate terrain folder.

Matt.

Posts: 692 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 12-20-1999 08:05 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ok I give up...I'm going to bed now, let the author take over.

------------------

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.