Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Microsoft Precision Pro Problems

Author Topic: Microsoft Precision Pro Problems
Jomby
Member # 1472

posted 12-18-1999 03:38 PM     Profile for Jomby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm new to the EAW scene and have has no luck in locating a fix for the calibration problems with the MS PP. I lose calibration of the stick shortly after executing a mission. PLEASE HELP!!
Posts: 20 | From: Hixton, WI USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
VonBroam
Member # 39

posted 12-18-1999 03:58 PM     Profile for VonBroam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jomby,

Go into your EAW.ini (this is found in the EAW directory ) file and scroll down to where it says [controls] and where it says Windows Joystick make sure that equals 1. This should help with most problems with the MS SW PP.

VonBroam out
Semper Fidelis

[This message has been edited by VonBroam (edited 12-18-1999).]

Posts: 327 | From: Beaufort, South Carolina | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Robin Mun-Gavin
Member # 1474

posted 12-18-1999 10:39 PM     Profile for Robin Mun-Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Following on from this - is there a way of adjusting the calibration of the throttle wheel on a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro joystick? I don't seem to be getting the performance out of the aircraft (as detailed in the manual)- even with the wheel turned to its maximum?

Thanks.

Posts: 68 | From: Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rjm
Member # 1373

posted 12-19-1999 07:34 AM     Profile for rjm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Robin
Try your keyboard for max speed, if the same as max on joystick, it is probably the alt, your max speed changes with alt.
I don't know of any way to adj the wheel.

Posts: 264 | From: Fairview, Michigan | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tailspin
Member # 86

posted 12-19-1999 01:13 PM     Profile for Tailspin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I used to use a PP-3d. There is a calibration for the throttle included in the joystick set-up routine in Windows-Control panel. A quick way to check your throttle is to look at your tachometer on your instrument panel. If it reads max. rpm's at max. throttle, you should be ok. Maximum speed given in the manual is dependent on optimum altitude for a given A/C.
PS...Seems like when I used the PP, I had to recalibrate all the time. I got to where I just did it as a matter of routine before I started EAW. I use a Wingman Extreme Digital now and it hardly ever looses calibration.

[This message has been edited by Tailspin (edited 12-19-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Tailspin (edited 12-19-1999).]

Posts: 1895 | From: Metropolis USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG26*vonVampr*Gf
Member # 1498

posted 12-20-1999 08:42 AM     Profile for JG26*vonVampr*Gf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jomby ,

Your Microsoft Precision Pro is digital and does not need to be calibrated . I have both the Micro. PP and the Sidewinder FF and haven't seen a problem with the throttles . As someone else noted check you sticks throttle compared to the keyboard , this will tell you if you throttle is giving you all it should be .

von Vampr

Posts: 131 | From: Michigan , USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Papa Hotel
Member # 996

posted 12-20-1999 10:51 AM     Profile for Papa Hotel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Or turn engine overheat to on in the configure section.Then use max throttle for about 10 minutes and see if the engine starts smoking

------------------
"If it ain't much it ain't Dutch" :)

Posts: 80 | From: Groningen, The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JWC
Member # 116

posted 12-20-1999 07:38 PM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Robin, this may seem like a silly question, but are you using True Airspeed or Indicated Airspeed? Indicated (IAS) will always seem much slower than True (TAS). This can be confusing at first. Another way to check is to set the flight model to "Easy", NOT "Realistic". Easy will allow you to reach maximum theoretical level speed regardless of altitude.

Jomby, Robin, to further clarify what VonBroam said, the EAW.ini file has a "Windows Joystick" setting under the [CONTROLS] section. If it is at 0 ("Windows Joystick=0"), then EAW will use its own pre-programmed joystick settings, regardless of what your stick is set for. It it is at 1, it will use whatever settings your stick is using.

Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.