Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Bahaha! EAW Soup...

Author Topic: Bahaha! EAW Soup...
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-15-1999 04:05 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I finally found a use for the AW3 disc I was using as a coaster. The .bmp files for AW3 are 256x256 and great in some instances for a little cut and pasting for our Pacific Theatre skins.

What next? Ground AI from Close Combat?

Airbuddha's Homepage for EAW Skins

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
VonGunn
Member # 313

posted 12-15-1999 04:36 PM     Profile for VonGunn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey, Nice job, and good thinkin!!

Humm...lets see here....CFS terrain, AW aircraft paint jobs, ECA1.xx and ECAonline1.xx ECAPanelx.xx......This sim is cobbled together six ways from Sunday..HAHAHA!!...but man it sure works nice and looks really great!! Thanks for all the hard work and engineering everyone has done to make this the best Sim out there to date.

S! Alles
VonGunn

Posts: 377 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-15-1999 09:22 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hehehe. Soup's on! It's ready in TNT creamy and 3Dfx chunky

Airbuddha's Kitchen - Tastes like chicken!

mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 12-15-1999 09:27 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
AirBuddha...

Which mod 47?

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-15-1999 10:03 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mane,

Yep, it's a P-47C. I can change the wingshape for the 3Dfx version, but haven't had any luck changing them for the TNT version. The 3Dfx version has the same wing as the TNT version at present, but I'll work on making the square wingtips over the next couple days.

This skin came about by accident. I was goofing off with some AW3 .bmp's just to see what would happen. The fuselage turned out so well that I couldn't stop, and a few hours later, it was finished.

I hope I can get a P-40 to turn out with as little fuss as this one was

Airbuddha - Now where did I put my ritalin?

Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-15-1999 10:10 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
LOL. What a goof! ECA doesn't have a Wildcat. Oh well. It was good practice. I'll make an F6F-5 Hellcat.

Airbuddha

Charles
Member # 1129

posted 12-15-1999 11:09 PM     Profile for Charles     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I can easily add a Wildcat in ECA Control Panel as a P47C option.
Posts: 453 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-16-1999 01:04 AM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ahh Sir Charles, you are a gentleman and a scholar Thank you. Thank you for ECA 2.0. It was quite impressive watching Wildcats and Jamie's Zekes duke it out over Jay's Pacific terrain this evening.

The mind boggles at the stage EAW could evolve to by the time B-17II comes out. It's amazing.

Airbuddha

Capitan Manduca
Member # 918

posted 12-16-1999 01:22 AM     Profile for Capitan Manduca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Airbuddha, it's a very nice Wildcat, but I have notice your pilot is hidden after the canopy... I had the same problem with my Hellcat. Do you want my PCXs to "patch" this bird? In this way you will be able to seat your pilot in the right place and to remove the 4th machine gun from the external view.

Ok, if you want it, email me at [email protected]

It's free!!

------------------
"Roll over, spin round and come in behind them. Move to their blindsides and firing again"
Iron Maiden - Aces High

Posts: 888 | From: Madrid, España | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jamie Richards
Member # 1405

posted 12-16-1999 01:26 AM     Profile for Jamie Richards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Airbuddha, remember that you have the PP47CTRA.PCX file from my Hellcat already, which makes the same alterations as Captain Manduca's -- then all you have to do is move the pilot forward in P47CTEX.PCX.

Jamie Richards

Posts: 588 | From: Toronto, Ontario, CANADA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tannethal
Member # 666

posted 12-16-1999 02:12 AM     Profile for Tannethal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Captain Manduca, Jamie Richards!

I ask for help on the skin of the B26 Marauder.
KMHPaladin has so far made a good skin representing a A26 but we still trying to make the shape more A26 like.
It was planned to remove the round wing ends and to give the ruder a more A26 like shape.

Unfortunately I lack the expirience with removing parts so any help is very welcome
and desperately needed!
[email protected]

PS: So far I was able to remove the part of the fuselage behind the ruder but this resulted in a hole at the tail where you could look straight through the whole plane.

Posts: 537 | From: Olbernhau Germany | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Capitan Manduca
Member # 918

posted 12-16-1999 05:02 AM     Profile for Capitan Manduca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Tannethal, I don't think it could be done so easily, but looks cool. I've been trying efects with transparency on P47C, Me109E, Me109G and FW190A with some kind of success so if you want, you could email me the PCXs and some instructions to try to do something.

My email: [email protected]

S!

------------------
"Roll over, spin round and come in behind them. Move to their blindsides and firing again"
Iron Maiden - Aces High

Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-16-1999 07:04 AM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jamie, Capitan,

I hadn't tried a modified skin before. Thanks for pointing out that I can change the pilot position. I'll incorporate it into the next update.

Geez, this board really is a one stop shop for EAW help

Airbuddha

Jamie Richards
Member # 1405

posted 12-16-1999 11:06 PM     Profile for Jamie Richards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Tannethal,

Removing parts by making them transparent will only be workable for parts that are either one layer thick (like the stabilizers of most of the fighters) or two layers thick but close together (like fighters' wings and rudders). However, unless parts are cut away straight along lines of pixels, you'll get a jagged edge left. Thus, wing clipping is a pretty clean operation, since you can cut the wings straight across. But rudder reshaping, I assume, would be a messy matter.

BTW, Captain: What program do you use to edit the TRA files? I've had erratic results with Photoshop 5.5 and MS Photo Editor -- I mean, I colour-in the parts I want to change either pink for transparent, blue for solid, and other parts somewhere in between, and it all looks fine until I picpac it and try it out, then it sometimes works, but usually doesn't (I've never succeeded with a TRA file edited in Photoshop -- that program just changes the file in some mysterious way). Tell me your procedure!

Jamie Richards

Posts: 588 | From: Toronto, Ontario, CANADA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Capitan Manduca
Member # 918

posted 12-17-1999 01:22 AM     Profile for Capitan Manduca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I always use Paintshop Pro 6.0 to edit transparency files (at 256 colours) and other files (at 16M colours) changing them back to 256 colours and applying theirs palettes.

------------------
Iron Maiden - Aces High

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.