Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » EAW II

Author Topic: EAW II
highlander
Member # 1024

posted 12-16-1999 02:54 PM     Profile for highlander   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What ever happened to the idea of petitioning(?) Microprose for the codes to make EAW mods? Haven't seen anything on the forum on this in a while.

Just in case it ever happens here are my ideas:

1. new map with zoom
2. 2d cockpits with higher res
3. Add historical pilots to campaign missions(bader,galland,johnson....)in thier proper squadrons and the proper kills/date.
4. improved AI (of course)
5. Italian/med campaign
6. regarding #4, have other pilots awarded medals also.
7. allow squadron commander more imput in mission planning.

Thanks for you patiance. I know most of these ideas have already been brought up, but
since there were no new post thought id bring it up again.

------------------
"You have no idea of how blood thirsty
I've become and how much pleasure I get
in killing Huns."

William Avery Bishop
V.C.,D.S.O.,M.C.,C.B.,D.F.C.,E.D.,
CdeG avec Palme, Legion DHonneur.

Posts: 110 | From: Waterloo,ontario,canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JWC
Member # 116

posted 12-16-1999 05:45 PM     Profile for JWC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I tried to add my 2 cents worth to the survey questions but had so many things to say I didn't think I had enough time to organize them all! Good suggestions, highlander. Yours are the same as mine! I have the following ones to add:

--if possible, add vision blocking due to the sun. Even Jane's Fighters Anthology had a somewhat arcadish, but effective, "sun whiteout" (which actually had sort of the same effect as shown in the movie "Battle of Britain"!--your canopy crazed and turned solid white when you looked into the sun). Some sort of sun effect would definitely add to the game.

--no sun at all: Night Fighters!

--add GUN CONVERGENCE (PLEASE!!!!!!) and a way to set it to different distances (per individual preference)

Some other threads along this topic:
New Version of EAW
EAW II, Europe by moonlight...
EAW III

[This message has been edited by JWC (edited 12-16-1999).]

Posts: 1633 | From: College Station, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.