Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Is this the EAW forum? (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: Is this the EAW forum?
JayJ
Member # 587

posted 12-03-1999 12:08 AM     Profile for JayJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A lone stranger clad in a gray overcoat, head down, slowly makes his way through the massive throng of EAW fans. When he reaches the center of the forum, he tosses the coat off and stands bare naked in with the shiny black and gold rectangle of Jane's Combat Simulations thankfully covering the area of his nether regions. The stunned EAW crowd looks up aghast at the pasty white intruder as he shouts:

WW2 Fighters kicks EAW's stinkin' hiney any day of the week!

Before the stunned crowd can gather enough rotten fruit to pelt this heretic, he quickly drapes the coat over his pale frame and runs out of the forum

This disturbing image has been brought to you by a big fan of Jane's WW2 Fighters...

Posts: 131 | From: Starkville, Ms., USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tobiwan
Member # 420

posted 12-03-1999 12:29 AM     Profile for Tobiwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
High above the EAW forum a small black aircraft if being thrown about with gay abandon.

Grinning from ear to ear Wing Commander Matthew "Tobiwan" Renard hauls the Hurricane IIc that he was borrowed from Donster into another loop. "Wahoo!!!"

Below him he sees a faint flash of white. Looking down he say a figure in a cloack running for the forum bounderies. A Janes WWII fan!!

Not quite as bad as a Flanker pilot, but nevertheless he must be stopped.

The bright orange spinner of the black Hurricane IIc drops past the horizon as Wng Co. Renard leans forward to hit the switch arming his four 20mm cannons.

He grins evilly as he settles the reticle on the back of the fleeing Janes fan!

Posts: 893 | From: Amanzimtoti, KWA-Zulu, South Africa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 12-03-1999 12:46 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Even higher above the EAW forum a battered Ju-88G7 Nachtjäger sees a shadow below...Hauptman Schattenjäger of Die Luftwaffe begins his attack run on the Tommie plane until he spots the strange character in the trenchcoat.

"Vas ist zis?" He pulls out his binoculars, fine tunes the radar, has his tailgunner Franz crack open his canopy and use the magnifying glass. "Ach Himmel! Ein Heretic!!"

The Ju-88 pulls out of the attack run on the Hurricane and Herr Tobiwan never knows just how close he came to a horrible 20mm tattoo to his tailsection which sure as schiss wasn't of the 'Elvis Lives' sort. That is until Schatten flips the switch on his phonograph and "Ride of the Valkyries" begins blaring as he pulls into formation above and to the left of the Hurri. Schatten flips a switch and radios the startled Tobiwan, Schatten has all the radio freqs you know,"Herr Tobiwan, ist zat du? Go ahead I vill back du up in case your unreliable Anglander cannone und popguns fail to do der job...Atack formatzon Delta!"

Hauptman Shatten watches with glee, no one has attempted an assault on the Sacred Forum since the deluded Fwankerites made their pathetic attempt. Oh the joy of it all...

------------------
Schattenjäger

"Der Horrido...Der Horrido..."

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tobiwan
Member # 420

posted 12-03-1999 12:59 AM     Profile for Tobiwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Bloody Hun showoff", mutters Tobiwan to himself as, side by side, the Hurricane IIc and Ju-88G roar down on the little running man in a loosly flapping grey coat.

Foremost in the little mans mind, even ahead of how much he loves WWII Fighters is the this thought:

<<There are currently SEVEN 20mm cannons and THREE 7.62mm machine guns aimed at his unarmoured back!>>

Posts: 893 | From: Amanzimtoti, KWA-Zulu, South Africa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 12-03-1999 01:15 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Schatten keys his microphone again and screams over the blaring battle musik,"Und don't vorget der napalm cannizters I stole from der Flankerites!"

Tailgunner Franz opens a bottle of nice Rheinwine and starts making popcorn on the completely against TOE popcorn maker that is installed instead of the Schräge Musik kit, due to the fact that there was room after the cannon were removed to make room for the lava lamps and wetbar and popcorn just seems right.

Schatten flips frequencies again and screams into the microphone,"Achtung alles! Zere ist ein unauthrize'dt untruzion into der Forum." He eyes the trenchcoat clad form through the binoculars, considers what will call out the greatest number of troops and blatently lies,"Der Flankerites ist attacking! Und..." Ja he should slip some of the truth in,"Zay are allied mit zom chaep tart named Jane!! Everyvon to zer planes macht schnell!"

There, that should add to the suspense level nicely...

------------------
Schattenjäger

Tobiwan
Member # 420

posted 12-03-1999 06:23 AM     Profile for Tobiwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Suddenly Tobiwan remebers that it's Friday afternoon and he has to go off for the weekend.

Cutting back the throttle, he gives Schatten a vigourous thumbs down while shouting, "You go get him! I'm going to go test drive an Alfa 156!"

With that the black Hurricane banks off to the left, dives, and disappears in the distance at high speed.

Cheers all!

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 12-03-1999 06:30 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Ach Himmel...Did du see zat Franz? Der Tommie went flying avay to go on holliday or zomething. Bah, du would think he vas French..." Schatten rolls the Ju-88 into a good strafing position and turns up the musik. Pulling on his yellow silk scarf and "Kaiser's Own Hussars" Shako model 1812 he lines up for the shot,"Almost zere....Almost zere..."

------------------
Schattenjäger

Saint
Member # 1011

posted 12-03-1999 07:46 AM     Profile for Saint   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ROFL, Best thread I've read for a long time !

------------------
"I have a Cunning plan, Sir...."-Baldrick

Posts: 17 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
KMHPaladin
Member # 240

posted 12-03-1999 07:59 AM     Profile for KMHPaladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wow, this guy doesn't miss a thing, does he?

A heretic? Inquisition! Inquisition! Bring them before me! Muahahaha....

------------------
-KMHPaladin
- "The duty of the fighter pilot is to patrol his
area of the sky, and shoot down any enemy
fighters in that area. Anything else is rubbish."
Baron Manfred von Richthofen, 1917
- [email protected]

Posts: 794 | From: RPI - Troy, NY; originally from South Jersey | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
VonGunn
Member # 313

posted 12-03-1999 09:15 AM     Profile for VonGunn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
positioned in the tree line just outside the EAW forum is eine Zug ob Panzers auf Kampfgruppe VonHess II Abt.

KgVH II01: Wass ist zat Ju-88 doing, und vhy didn't he shoot down ze Tommie Hurrikaner luftzeug?

KgVH II11: Kommandor, look, zwei uhr, zat menne in der longenkote, zee Ju88 ist after him.

KgVH II01: Jawhol, KgVH II01 aus Zug, Formation Linie. Ziel ist Zwei hur!! Loader, Sprengranate, SCHNELL, Radiograte, Feuer frei mit bow MG!!

Laden Sprengranate............*Click Clack* Sprengranate Geladen!!!

Gunner....FEUER!!! *WWWRRWWWRRRWWWRRWWWRRR....click..BBBOOMMM*
ZUG...FEUER Frei!!

the 88mm HE shell from the Battilion Commanders Panzer screams over the strange mans head and explodes near the EAW forum parking lot, destroying a Kublewagon and a Jeep. The rest of the Platoon fires randomly at the figure as he runs into the night. HE shells going off all around him, as the panzers zero in on the now desprate man

Hsf. Von Gunn
II Abt Kommandor
KgVH

Posts: 377 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 12-03-1999 01:47 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ya know, I really do like the way the pilot screams and the blood spatters all over the canopy in WWII Fighters. Could we get that in EAW?
Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 12-03-1999 03:37 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Waving a half empty bottle of Bushmills, the pilot attemts to cut thru the insanity breaking out around him. He knows that the WWFII flyer has shown a brave side in daring to invade the EAW forum and for that he should be respected.

With this guiding his thinking, the pilot yells out, "Just wound him boys, we maybe able to convert him later!!". And if not, well... he ponders as he brings the bottle to his lips.

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

[This message has been edited by mane_raptor (edited 12-03-1999).]

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JayJ
Member # 587

posted 12-04-1999 01:40 AM     Profile for JayJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
With this guiding his thinking, the pilot yells out, "Just wound him boys, we maybe able to convert him later!!". And if not, well... he ponders as he brings the bottle to his lips.

Hee heee...

Sorry to have to break this to you, mane, but I posted this in the Props forum a few days ago. I'm sure it will shed some light on my conversion possibilies:

Oh yes, I was an EAW groupie as well and will fully admit to poo-pooing off Jane's work as pretty but flawed. I have since changed my mind. My copy of EAW is now in the hands of someone in North Carolina thanks to the fine folks at Ebay.

Hey, somebody make me a campaign for EAW...oh, you can't! MUAAAHHAAAAA!!

(Sorry guys, I'm trolling big-time).

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 12-04-1999 02:34 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Schatten takes his eyes off the running figure as he spies with his little eye a blossoming orange fireball from off to the left, Tailgunner Franz tosses some popcorn into his mouth and watches the blast,"Vasn't zat your Kübelwagen Herr Haptmann Schatten?" Franz washes down the popcorn with the nice Rheinwine...

"ACH HIMMEL!!!" Schatten frantically switches to the KG VonHess radio freq, which of course he has, and yells into the microphone,"Herr Hauptstürmführer Von Gunn check zer feur! Zat vas mein Kübelwagen! Der AutoBahn zociety vill be on mein arsch für zat von für sure..." He turns the Ju-88 and does a quick flyby of the parking lot.

"Zere goes der Safe Driver dizcount mein Herr..." Franz helpfully points out from the back seat, mmmmm popcorn...

"Shaddupp dumkopf und ready Der Sekret Veapon auf Die Luftwaffe!"

Franz arches his eyebrows,"Remember vhat happen't after der last time ve tried to do zat?" Franz shakes his head, will these Flieger's never learn?

"Ich care nichts! Arm der veapon und prepare to launch, zose people from Genevia can take der convenzions und shove zem in zer lederhosen für all I care!"

Tailgunner Franz sighs,"Jawohl Herr Hauptman, arming der veapon." Franz turns on the lava lamps and bangs a stick against the floor of the cockpit,"Vakey vakey Herr Crocodil!"

The Ju-88 banks smoothly and heads once more towards the Heretic...

------------------
Schattenjäger

VonGunn
Member # 313

posted 12-04-1999 10:29 AM     Profile for VonGunn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*ssscckkktt* the Hautpmanns radiogerat crackels to life with the sound of Schattenjager's voice.

Huh?...Kubelwagon??...*looking through his field glasses VonGunn sees the ruined Vehicles....."AAAAHHH...Scheiss.....Ernst..*kicks gunner in the head*...Du idiot.....Vatch ver du ist shooting.....

*ssschhkktt.....Zorry aobut that Herr Schatten...But ist ist eine Heritic und he must be stoppend, zo don't vorry about it. I vil take care auf der AutoBahn Zociety if zey give du any trouble. Ve still haf room fur ze mine sweeping operations in der ost front!"

KgVH II01 aus Zug....fueur Enschtillen.....move out....formation linie...Driver...follow zat Ju88...und...vat ze heck vast zat....zat thing zat just fell from ze luftzueg??????

the deafining roar of 2 Tiger Ie's and 2 Panther G's engines coming to life, tracks squeaking and clanking begins as II Abt. I zug moves out in line formation 200m behind the last postion of the Heritic, and 50m from where what ever it was that fell out of the Ju88 landed

Posts: 377 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 12-04-1999 12:23 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Croc:

SNORT SNARL SNAP, SNAP.....

Well, Well what have we here???

Some mommy's boy who cant handle EAW streaking through out Forum....
Blowing off his mouth and then running away.

hee hee this is GONNA be FUN....YEA THATS IT run Run RUN hahahahaa Im sure you can make it HAR! HAR !

You RUN like a GIRL!

Reminds me of that other little girl:

Oh Croc what Big eyes you have......
Oh Croc what a Big nose you have....
Oh Croc what Big TEETH you have.....

HEY PAL! Its so SOON after thanksgiving ....I didnt think I'd WANT any more TURKEY...but YOU just change my mind .

SNARL SNORT !!

<NAB>
screeeeeeeeammmm!
crunch! crunch! crunch!

hmmmm NOT BAD ......tastes like one of those spineless cooked ocotopus things....Hmmmmm

Hey a copy of WWII fighters .....what the heck .....ILL go give it a look......

[This message has been edited by ButcherBird13 (edited 12-04-1999).]

Posts: 292 | From: Holland Western Front | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 12-04-1999 12:27 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
hahahahahahaaa

I didnt want the croc to miss this guy ....

hope he will forgive me

LOL!

------------------
There is ALWAYS a WAY if your COMMITTED !

Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-04-1999 01:51 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
JayJ,

I guess what you really need is for someone to make you a campaign for WWII Fighters. Oh wait, I bet you've already made several to replace the jokes for campaigns that Jane's put in.

The thing I'm sure you love most about WWII Fighters campaign mode is how you can fly every plane in the game in one career.

Who would want the boring gameplay of EAW where you can start out in a P-51B (Does Jane's have a B model?), and actually have to stay with the same plane throughout your career with the exception of moving up to a D model.

You're right. Starting out in a Mustang, and then moving to a Jug, Spitfire, P-38, and maybe back to a Mustang is much more exciting.

I really like Jane's. I still play it. Can you tell me where to download the campaigns you've made for it. I'm sure you've included cinemas with it. They're so easy to make.

I'm humbled by your critique. I've only made two campaigns for WWII Fighters. I know you would find them boring since each campaign only has you flying one aircraft. One is a 17 mission P-51 campaign, and the other a 20 mission P-38 campaign (all with cinemas).

I guess you could count 3 campaigns for me since I also made a 20 mission multiplayer P-38 ground attack campaign that can be played in single mission mode.

Regards, Airbuddha's Homepage for EAW Skins

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 12-04-1999 09:46 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ach Himmel, I have more to add but Herr Airbuddha summed it up nicely. Ich vill be back as zoon as I get home und vake up from all der beverages...Ummm...Ja...

------------------
Schattenjäger

mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 12-04-1999 10:09 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
JayJ

Thank you for your reply, it tells me several things about you...

1) It is quite apparent that you have no sense of humor. To my knowledge EAW'rs have never invaded another's to be rude. Thus it is no wonder that you gave up the game.

2) You are somebody that likes to tinker with their PC. If you are as fond as Janes as you claim, then you have lived thru many systems crashes caused by that game thus are highly motivated to spend some time inside the BIOS & Config dot whatever. (And before you flame me for that, know that I am a computer professional of 27+ yrs. When I use this machine, it is for fun, not harm and not for money. If I'm going to tinker, I'm going to get paid, and quite well I might add.) With EAW, I turn it on, click, press a button or two, and I'm fighting Zeros over Berlin. Can Jane's do that?

3) I am a FORMER Jane's WWIIF groupie myself, and I happen to know a little about flying. If the Flight Model in Janes is as real as you think, then there never would have been an air war, because nobody could have flow combat and lived. They just were not as sensitive as WWIIF makes them out to be. I want to fight another aircraft in the sky, not the one I'm flying.

4) And my last point, (I've been working 18+ hours, 36 in the last 48, so I'm crashing after this.) We here at EAW communicate with each other as equals, with a common bond found in the love of the game. I notice no Jane's WWIIF forum here, there was once. But it no longer exists. EAW was published shortly after Jane's. Yet judging by the fact that this forum leads all others at this site, I am willing to bet that it will last far beyond the length of time that the Jane's forum did.

With these thoughts I say good night to you, and to all my fellow EAW'rs, "stay on their six".

------------------

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
WOLF257
Member # 410

posted 12-04-1999 11:37 PM     Profile for WOLF257   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
...and just barely audible to those on the ground comes the throaty roar of a Merlin at high altitude...the pilot monitoring the radio and watching the activity below..."A Jane's groupy in our area?"... in a favored and feared maneuver that any good Mustang driver would appreciate,the big D rolls inverted and the nose drops,the airspeed builds up fast and the pilot rolls wings level...at some 500kts the pilots pulls untill the sight just touches the head of the rapidly running figure..."Well,the poor guy is obviously beyond any professional help anyway"...as he slowly takes up the slack in the trigger...
Posts: 281 | From: Alabama,USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JayJ
Member # 587

posted 12-05-1999 12:21 AM     Profile for JayJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
mane_raptor: It is quite apparent that you have no sense of humor. To my knowledge EAW'rs have never invaded another's to be rude. Thus it is no wonder that you gave up the game.

Hmm...I see I struck a nerve somewhere.

mane, you seem like an intelligent and learned man but it's obvious that you do not know me personally. I've got to be one of the goofiest SOBs you'll ever meet. All my friends (and yes, I do have them) would agree with me. I mean, I love WW2F for God's sake! Says a lot about my mental insability, doesn't it?

Invade the EAW forum? Have to call in the jury on that one. Seems that 90% of the other posters caught on to my humor and have responded appropriately (and very entertaining-ly I might add...funny stuff guys!) Sorry if you thought it rude. Wasn't meant to be.

I gave up the game because at the time I wasn't playing it as much as Jane's...thats the honest truth. I got it the second it hit the shelves and really liked it...I just liked Jane's better after I got it. My pref, thats all.

You are somebody that likes to tinker with their PC. If you are as fond as Janes as you claim, then you have lived thru many systems crashes caused by that game thus are highly motivated to spend some time inside the BIOS & Config dot whatever...

Yeah, I do a little but only to certain extent. I'm no hardware genius thats for sure. I do lots of research on any new piece of machinery that I plan to put in my 'puter. Saves a lot of hassles later. And no, I haven't had Jane's contantly crash on me. Occasionally it does but very, very rarely. EAW did it about as often as well when I had it. I'm not going to flame you for being a computer professional (I wouldn't even if you weren't). Don;t know where you got that from...if Jane's isn't your choice, fine...really, it's fine.

I am a FORMER Jane's WWIIF groupie myself, and I happen to know a little about flying. If the Flight Model in Janes is as real as you think, then there never would have been an air war, because nobody could have flow combat and lived. They just were not as sensitive as WWIIF makes them out to be. I want to fight another aircraft in the sky, not the one I'm flying.

Oh, I agree! I said, however, that it "feels" right TO ME...note the quotes and the bold letters. Stalls are less pronounced, hardly any spinning, but overall it's more satisfying to me. And the dogfighting is much better in Jane's that EAW (which is arguably the main reason why I like it more). I got tired of flying in front of enemy planes and not having them smoke my tail. Just blew the "reality" of it for me. And if I remember correctly some of those EAW birds spun quite easily so I think your comment about comparing simulated WW2 birds to the real thing is moot. The debate could go on forever, but the planes in EAW can be a handful as well. I'll just leave it at that. It really depends on what you like, that's all.

I notice no Jane's WWIIF forum here, there was once. But it no longer exists. EAW was published shortly after Jane's. Yet judging by the fact that this forum leads all others at this site, I am willing to bet that it will last far beyond the length of time that the Jane's forum did.

I don't doubt it. Thanks to Jane's no longer supporting their product and the folks at MPS opening some of their EAW secrets to the masses will guarantee that a WW2 forum resurgence is probably a pipe dream. Thats EA/Jane's mistake and in the big picture, it will cost them plenty. I still see WW2F fan sites lamenting the fact that Jane's most likely will never use the WW2 engine on things for addon's and a Pacific sim. Truly a tragedy of epic proportions.

Well, I hope that cleared up some stuff. I don't look down on anyone that likes EAW at all. I liked it too. I just like WW2F better and wanted to share that with all of you (since some people thought that a Jane's fan didnt have the stones to post anything in an EAW forum...come on...you KNOW you thought it!!)

JayJ
Member # 587

posted 12-05-1999 01:16 AM     Profile for JayJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Airbuhdda: I guess what you really need is for someone to make you a campaign for WWII Fighters. Oh wait, I bet you've already made several to replace the jokes for campaigns that Jane's put in....and... I really like Jane's. I still play it. Can you tell me where to download the campaigns you've made for it. I'm sure you've included cinemas with it. They're so easy to make.

Ooooo...FIESTY!!!

Ahhh, yess, grasshoppaah... I HAVE made my own campaign, thank you very much. It was a 15 mission RAF campaign in which you fly the Spit EVERY mission and you also start every mission on the ground. Even added names to the pilots from actual RAF pilots (instead of the "Leader", "Wing1", "Wing2" stuff).

You can download it here (http://members.xoom.com/ww2f/) or right here at combatsim. Now, this was my first attempts at mission building so it doesn't branch nor does it have cinemas. No, that my friend is for the one I'm working on now...a 19 mission Luftwaffe campaign that WILL branch and already has 4 cinemas on it (it will have at least 6 before I am through). It will also have a Word format document that I've done that gives a "history" of the campaign...kind of a story to base it on. Of course after I'm done with this one I plan to go back and redo the RAF campaign to include cinemas and branching missions. After that? An American campaign of course.

Yep, the Jane's campaigns were weak (as I've said in another forum) so you dang right I'm gonna make my own.

The thing I'm sure you love most about WWII Fighters campaign mode is how you can fly every plane in the game in one career...

Yeah, I know. Wierd, huh? Can't do that in my campaign, though.

I'm humbled by your critique. I've only made two campaigns for WWII Fighters. I know you would find them boring since each campaign only has you flying one aircraft. One is a 17 mission P-51 campaign, and the other a 20 mission P-38 campaign (all with cinemas).

Most excellent!! I'd love to get them from you (no BS)...could you post the url? I love getting inspiration for other peoples work.

Guess that didn't go quite like you planned, eh?

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 12-05-1999 01:58 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hauptman Schatten steps Out of Character for a moment,"Ummmm...Uhhhhhh....Ummmm...Spitfires suck!!!" There ummm, ja...

------------------
Schattenjäger

ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 12-05-1999 05:55 AM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
JAY

Just to let you know,
I didnt take you seriously and used The Croc to play along....

I saw you self depreciating humor and figured it for someone who just wanted to see a "battle"

I bet you were HOPING he'd show !

LOL!

BTW I have WWII fighters and really like it ....it could have been so much more.

I do think you should have saved EAW though.
I use WWII to make me better at EAW . the great graphics and that option that gives to the ability to "see" what the enemy is doing in that corner window I find helps develope more of my 3D thinking and feel. This has helped my S.A. in EAW which sometimes seems "FLAT" to me.

I even play the JANES DEMO with that P47. Love that "Patton" music and "Battle of the Bulge" feel to it.

It is a great game enjoy it.....

------------------

ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 12-05-1999 05:59 AM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
BTW the game hardly ever crashes on me either except if your in the main room and hit the "Fly Now" icon .....1st time thru
you launch after that its "desk top city"

Maybe I just dont play it enough or Far enough......I usually just play the Gauntlet thing..

------------------

Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-05-1999 07:22 AM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
JayJ,

"Guess that didn't go quite like you planned, eh?"

My response was a knee jerk reaction to your trolling. I had no plan.

I've been able to enjoy both sims. It's kind of like being able to have more than one friend at a time without turning against the others. Some folks aren't capable of having more than one friend at a time.

Noone was more happy than I when Jane's released WWII Fighters. I spent as much time working on converting the hodge podge of missions they had into campaigns as I do now making skins for EAW.

I've never gone into the Jane's forum (if there was one) to trash WWII Fighters since moving almost exclusively to EAW, nor will I come here to trash EAW if B-17II becomes the next great thing.

I waited too darn long for a nice WWII sim to trash any of them. I proudly own Combat Flight Simulator, WWII Fighters, and European Air War. I would happily buy any addon available for EAW or WWII Fighters.

I bought SDOE and took it back the next week thanks to Electronics Boutique's return policy. Nations: Fighter Command is the next to go back to EB.

As you can tell from the readme.doc for my campaigns, I was quite smitten with Jane's. Feel free to pick them up at my site. I blew the dust off them and put them in my files section at the bottom.

Regards, Airbuddha's Homepage for EAW Skins

P-38J 21 Mission Campaign

Created by Roger "Airbuddha" Dial, [email protected]
January 1, 1999
Multiplayer Compatible - No
Single Mission Compatible - No

Installation: Unzip into your "missions" folder, which is most likely C:\ Program Files\Jane's Combat Simulations\WWII Fighters\Data\Campaigns

This is a 21-mission campaign for the P-38J. The campaign ranges from Combat Air Support, and Armed Recon, to Strike missions. The missions consist mostly of converted or modified campaign and single player missions from the game. Most all missions have cinemas added by myself except for a few unmodified stock missions, which use their original cinemas.

This mission pack was put together for those who would like a scenario in which they can fly the same plane throughout their campaign career as opposed to the variety of planes offered in the Allied and Axis campaign mode offered in the stock campaigns.

Thank you Jane's for making the game I've been waiting for since I bought my first computer.

Airbuddha

Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 12-05-1999 07:44 AM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Anybody wants to fight on this forum requires the use of the aircraft. Wanta Fight? Jump in your spit and meet the EAWers online. HEHEHE. We'll flame your arse there. HEHEHE I'll use my 190a and give ya a head start. HEHEHE.
JayJ
Member # 587

posted 12-05-1999 11:31 AM     Profile for JayJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
To ButcherBird: Hee.. Yes, I realized you were joking and took no offense to anything you said (as I see most everyone else here did as well). I may decide to get EAW again soon but just not right now. Certainly the support it continues to get is most encouraging.

To Schatten: LOL! Nice comeback! The Janes Spit's are definitely a different beast than the one's in EAW to be sure. But you just have to spend some quality time with it, thats all. Once you figure out the quirks and what not to do it really becomes a pretty potent dogfighter.

Airbuhdda: "Trash" is such a strong word...I prefer the term "educate".

I've been able to enjoy both sims. It's kind of like being able to have more than one friend at a time without turning against the others. Some folks aren't capable of having more than one friend at a time.

Sarcasm taken. You call it being not capable...I call it loyalty to a fine product. "But at the expense of others?" you may ask. Never looked at it philosophically (sp). Jane's got all my stick time, EAW didn't. EAW gathering dust. EAW sold on Ebay to person who would get more benfit out of it. Have never ruled out ever playing EAW again.

Many thanks for the link to your site. I'll be checking out those campaigns very shortly. Thanks for your efforts!

To Bigshot: I accept...but I have to get EAW again so you may have to wait a while

And with that, my mission/trolling/sarcasm/trashing (whichever you decided to pick) is now over. I have come to the EAW forum, bared my soul (pasty-white though it is) about Jane's WW2F even though many stated it was suicide to do so on an EAW forum. I will sink back into obscurity (obviously to the great relief of a few) and finish my Jane's campaign.

Good luck to you all. Make sure your six is always clear and your gun ports never jam.

Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 12-05-1999 12:13 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Don't go. Hang around. Your comments are welcome. I said on the other prop forum that EAW graphics are just as good as WWII or CFS and someone asked "what I'd been smoking?" Was that you. I don't remember. Go get EAW. It's only $20 bucks now. Download everything you can find and join us. You won't be disappointed. I guarantee it.
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-05-1999 12:36 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
JayJ,

I'm glad you enjoyed the banter Coop ground attack missions in Jane's are like mother's milk. Coop fighter sweeps/escorts in Jane's are an exercise in futiltiy for telco modem players like me.

I just hope that B-17II takes the best of everything out there and gives us a great sim. I think the planes in B-17II look exactly like the one's in WWII Fighters, but Wayward says their graphics engine is entirely homegrown.

I found this on www.bombs-away.net concerning whether the graphics engine was licensed or home grown, so I guess I'm wrong, but I've never seen two sims look more alike.

Q. "Is the graphic engine for B17-2 "home-grown" or was it licensed from someone else?"

A. "Brand new. Nobody else has anything like this."

Regards, Airbuddha - A mind is a terrible thing.

mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 12-05-1999 08:23 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
JayJ,

I plead both an fried brain when I read your post and a lack of understanding exactly what you were getting at (see the first reason). These 18 hr days are getting to me.

Things having gone a little better today and having time to ponder your words, I have come to an understanding....

IT'S ONLY A GAME FOR GOD'S SAKE....

Jane's, SDOE, Nations, CFS, EAW. It's like ice cream, everybody enjoys it and it comes in many different flavors. I'm guilty of over re-acting and I do apologize for that.

As long as you are a prop simmer, I should have no problem...however, mention Flanker around here (eyes narrow, hands start to clench) and it's another story.

Have a good night!

------------------

KMHPaladin
Member # 240

posted 12-05-1999 08:33 PM     Profile for KMHPaladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
pssst.... if he sticks around long enough, we can convert him! Muahaha...

------------------
-KMHPaladin
- "The duty of the fighter pilot is to patrol his
area of the sky, and shoot down any enemy
fighters in that area. Anything else is rubbish."
Baron Manfred von Richthofen, 1917
- [email protected]

Posts: 794 | From: RPI - Troy, NY; originally from South Jersey | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JayJ
Member # 587

posted 12-06-1999 03:38 AM     Profile for JayJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
With hoardes of EAW fans after him, the overcoat clad WW2F simmer makes a hasty escape from behind the lines. It is dark and he can hear the throaty roar of Schatten's Ju-88 Nightfighter prowling the skies searching for him using his Bic lighter as a guide. Briefly, he drops down behind a parked black EAW Hurricane with a note attached to the control ring of the aircraft that says simply: "Have Alpha 156, will travel!" and peers through the darkness to get a glimpse of his persuers....

VonGunn's Panzers mill about firing in the general direction of the WW2F heretic. One of the 88 shells strikes a vehicle parked nearby. "Probably a Kubelwagen," thought the intruder. The blazing wheel of an Alpha 156 rolls by in front of him and off into the night.

"Well, at least Tobiwan still has his Hurricane," says the intruder.

Saint and KMHPaladin are off in the distance a few yards from VonGunn's Panzer's and are frantically searching in bushes and behind trees for the pale heretic. Saint begins to laugh:

"Man, this is the best fun I've had in a long time!"

KMHPaladin, more serious, says under his breath, "Geez, man, the guy is white as a friggin sheet! He ought to be as visible as a bonfire in the desert!" In frustration he bellows, "WHERE ARE YOU, HERETIC! I WILL FIND YOOOOUUUUU!"

mane_raptor, surrounded by empty bottles of Bushmill, stands idly by a guard post shed squinting out in the darkness, searching for the WW2F fool. Shaking his head and taking another slug of the brewski he goes back to reading his book "Do or Die in the Virtual Skies" and says to himself, "It's only a game for God's sake!"

As the intruder begins to inch away from the Hurricane he turns around and immediately bumps into ButcherBird13, totally surprised. "Ha HA! Gotcha!", he says. The intruder figures that the jig is up now, but instead ButcherBird13 holds his arms out full length from himself and begins to open and close them like the jaws of a giant beast and begins snorting and snarling at him.

"Chomp, Chomp! Gotcha! The CROC is back, girly man! You've been EATEN BY THE CROC! MUAAHAHAAAA!" With that, he runs off into the night clapping his arms all the way.

What a guy.

The intruder now moves out further into the darkness where his Janes WW2F's Me-262 sits parked covered with foliage and sticks. After cleaning off all the camouflage he beigns to walk around the side o the aircraft to climb into the cockpit and beat a hasty retreat...

...and is stopped by Airbuhdda. He's standing on the wing right next to the open cockpit, looking at the intruder.

He had him in his sights the whole time.

After what seems like an eternity, Airbhudda says: "What are you waiting for, JayJ.?"

JayJ. squints at Airbhudda. "I'm...not sure. Aren't you gonna torture me or something?"

"Nope. Just thought I'd see you off, that's all."

"Really? That's all? No sarcasm or good-natured ribbing?"

Airbhudda shook his head. "Nope. We respect what you've done though I admit as to not knowing why you did it. But we've learned some things as we hope you have as well. We're all brothers in the sky regardless of what sim we fly on...as long as we fly 'em, that's what's important." With that he stepped down and handed JayJ. a parachute. JayJ. quizzically looked at Airbhudda. He responded: "You oughta see what Schatten can do in the Ju-88 of his. Even the jet jockey's should respect him."

JayJ. shook Airbhudda's hand and climbed into his WW2F's cockpit. He watched as Airbhudda slipped off into the darkness. JayJ. gave him a salute. Good people...they're all good people.

Revving up both of his Jumo engines, JayJ. reached into his coat pocket and pulled out an old picture of a "real" Me-262 cockpit and then compared it to his Jane's cockpit. Almost exactly the same as the one in the picture. He smiled. Yep, this was the sim for him. It surely was a beauty.

With that he taxied out and sped off into the night...

[This message has been edited by JayJ (edited 12-06-1999).]

Tobiwan
Member # 420

posted 12-06-1999 04:11 AM     Profile for Tobiwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Standing on the wing a Donster's black Hurricane IIc with the orange spinner, Tobiwan gives the departing Me-262 the finger and swears: "This is you fault asshole, you and that useless damn jerry tank!"

He turns again to the burning wreackage of his red Alfa-Romeo 156 T-Spark and sobbes in rage, throwing his keys into a bush.

He pauses...then calms down and climbs of the wing of the Hurricane.

He turns and walks off towards another car parked in the near distance, a light blue Mazda 323 1300 Sedan.

"Well I'm ****ing well going on holiday!" he mutters softy as he disappears into the night.

Saint
Member # 1011

posted 12-06-1999 04:59 AM     Profile for Saint   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
mhhh, this thread is loosing its funny edge
Schatten, get back in here, we want to know WHAT the Secret weapon is....

------------------
"I have a Cunning plan, Sir...."-Baldrick

Posts: 17 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 12-06-1999 06:40 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Female Russian Computer voice.. Please maintain current height and speed- failure would cause auto eject sequence--- Entschuldigen, Fwanker Flash-back- Herr Feldmarshall, the computer calculation show 17 km before touch-down-

“Well Schultzie- looks like ve might just make it back, ja?”-Rommel glances over his shoulder towards the huddled figure of Schultz at the back of the Me 410- “hold on- not long now”

The long glide after running out of fuel, and the successful bombing of the Hacker’s underground hide-out with the 12 ton Earthquake bomb has finally resulted in an endless out-of-fuel glide back from area 51-
http://www.combatsim.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000692-2.html
http://www.combatsim.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000706.html
The dark landmass of occupied Europe has been growing steadily in the windscreen the past hour, and it looks as if the 410 might just manage to make a dry landing on the coast of France

“Herr Feldmarshall- Flamjeager- 12’o clock low!”- Schultzie shouts at Rommel-

JayJ Me 262 rises out of the mist, no flight plan, no landing lights, no nufffin-

Depite his superior skill, Rommel is unable to avoid a collision with the fleeing Me 262- The tailplane of the 262 strikes the 410 outboard of the starboard engine, taking most of the wing-tip away.

The 262 goes into a vicious roll, will JayJ exhibit the same skill of the EAW- simpilots, or id he doomed to a fiery end, because he has never learned how to fly?

The world waits

[This message has been edited by Edwin Rommel (edited 12-06-1999).]

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 12-06-1999 06:41 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I have come back from the ground war to just say one thing..

BBBWWWWAHAHAHAHAH WW2 FIGHTERS!.. BBBWWWWAHAHAHAHA LOL

ok that is all ..

**CFranc jumps into his TigerIE and heads off towards the embarkation station to head for sicily and the campaign against the allies landing at Gela..****

Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Dr. Katzenjammer
Member # 750

posted 12-06-1999 07:04 AM     Profile for Dr. Katzenjammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The panzerschreck rocket speeds towards the Tiger 1e= smashing into the left track, and pulverising the front driving sprocket, bringing the tank to a grinding halt

"Ja- Herr von Hess- revenge ist sweet- Shoot at me und my freund at the tank proving grounds a while ago- I knew my change vould come- !! BWUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !"

Loads another rocket into the launch tube!

"Happy now Herr von Hess- You vill not sneak of to Sicily- You vill stay hier!"

He pulls the trigger for a second time

WHOOOOSHHHHSSS

The rocket speeds towards the stationary Tiger.

Posts: 102 | From: Tranzelvania | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 12-06-1999 08:35 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Scheiss! Vas ist LOS! ... Fritz! Gunther! Target 600m 11 Oclock! HE! MACH SCHON!! .. **WWRRRRR ... ****
Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.