Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » 109E JG26 Skin (yes - ANOTHER one!)

Author Topic: 109E JG26 Skin (yes - ANOTHER one!)
Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 12-06-1999 11:21 AM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post

The start of a long journey

'Unteroffizier Horst Perez of second Gruppe JG26 Schlageter Geshwader, staffel 2 could never have guessed as he took off from his airfield at Marquise-Ost in the Pas de Calais, that his aircraft was on its way to the New York docks..'

'..This Messershmitt was shot down at East Dean, near Eastbourne. It was shipped to America and Canada as part of the 'Bundles for Britain' campaign.'

Len Deighton, Fighter - The true story of the Battle of Britain

------------------
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly
developed it may be." - Adolf Galland.

Posts: 370 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada. | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Der Fremd Fokker
Member # 806

posted 12-07-1999 02:40 PM     Profile for Der Fremd Fokker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! Herr Gavin, du have been busier zan a von-legged man at ein arsch-kicking contest, ja?
Posts: 107 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 12-07-1999 03:28 PM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Went on a 'skins frenzy' a while back, only now recovering, want to play the game itself again for awhile! Found an awesome side-view paint-scheme of this plane and painted it up, then found a picture of the same plane in 'Fighter' a month later while reading it!

Kind of a sad and humiliating ending for the plane, but makes for a neat plane history, too, I guess. I'm sure many allied planes got dragged through the streets in Germany, too...

------------------
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly
developed it may be." - Adolf Galland.

chuckler1
Member # 142

posted 12-07-1999 04:59 PM     Profile for chuckler1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
How do I download this skin? When will I see it? Will if prevent me from playing online with Zone.com EAW?
Novice questions, but I really want to know.

Thanks
chuckler1

Posts: 42 | From: California, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 12-07-1999 05:18 PM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'll send it off to AirBuddha immediately.

Using different skins is permitted for online play.

Glad you like it!!!

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.