Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Russian speach pack

Author Topic: Russian speach pack
Joe S
Member # 1244

posted 12-04-1999 10:28 PM     Profile for Joe S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The winter terrain and British planes with Russian markings would make for a great Eastern front scenario, if we had a Russian speach pack. Does anyone know if one has been produced? Joe S
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 12-05-1999 01:25 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Joe. I know of one that is in tne is in the works since I'm doing it myself. Since it is being done by me I can assure you that it will suck. But I'll be getting one done within the next week. It'll be available, hopefully, if I can find someplace to put it, right now I have no webpage. Ummm...Anyhow, yeah it's been thought on.

------------------
Schattenjäger

"Der Horrido...Der Horrido..."

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
le boucher
Member # 1155

posted 12-05-1999 03:17 AM     Profile for le boucher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Schatten,

how on earth are you going to make a russian soundpack??
Do you speak the damn language or what?
Don't worry about a place to put it on, you can always put it on my homepage
(http://www.geocities.com/paulpraet)

if it's not too big of course

le boucher
[email protected]

Posts: 11 | From: Antwerp, Belgium | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 12-05-1999 10:45 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Da, I mean Ja. I used to be able to speak it pretty well but haven't had much reason to keep up with it for about 9 years now. The silly Russians decided that the two biggest kids on the block weren't going to fight after all (Couldn't resist, I watched Red Dawn again last night) so it went from one of the most important languages they were pushing us to learn to about the least important. My friend had a Lithuanian girlfriend about 5 years ago and that was the last time I spoke it on a daily basis, I still had a touch of a St.Petersburg accent back then but listening to myself now it's pretty generic accentwise.

As for how I'm going to do it, there was a thread a while back where someone posted instructions on how to convert sound files. One of my friends has a very good recording setup since he's a musician so what I'll probably do is write some phonetic scripts, get my friends together and have them play the parts. Better than hearing just me I figure. Keep doing it until we get it right or run out of vodka and see how it sounds. I've never done it before so it could take a while to get it right, the within a week was an optomistic guess, getting the scripts written won't be the hard part, getting the recordings done and converted will be. Also I've been considering doing Italian ones for the Regia Aeronautica and trying to enlist Herr Mad Wallaby to help me with it. So if the Russian one works I'll give that a twirl next.

And no I don't speak a lick of Japanese so someone else will have to cover that one.

------------------
Schattenjäger

"Der Horrido...Der Horrido..."

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
LLv34_Nattulv
Member # 1163

posted 12-05-1999 11:07 AM     Profile for LLv34_Nattulv     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Go to http://www.muodos.fi/LLv34/ and the "planes" section, there is Allied aircrafts with Russian markings.
Joe S
Member # 1244

posted 12-05-1999 03:14 PM     Profile for Joe S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Italian would be great also,didn't think anyone but me would want that one. Go for it!

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.