Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » YOUR Input Needed - Update

Author Topic: YOUR Input Needed - Update
matttm
Member # 662

posted 11-25-1999 05:49 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I have update the Design Enhancements page at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~matttm/eaw/index.html based on the feedback in topic http://www.combatsim.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000628.html started by Schatten.

Is anything else needed?

I also think I may know who we can contact at MicroProse.

A long shot, but is anyone at MPS or the developer(s) of EAW reading these topics? Email me confidentially if you do not want to post publicily. My email address is on the page above.

Guys, are we still serious about this project? Someone in the US will probably will need to help run it. MPS will not take any notice of non US residents pushing this - this is not a dig but a fact of live when dealing with US based companies.

Matt.

[This message has been edited by matttm (edited 11-25-1999).]

Posts: 692 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 11-25-1999 06:32 PM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'd like real moving ships that take realistic damage, and different types of naval craft.

We have moving hannomags, why not moving ships?

And I took out a whole convoy once with .50 cal ammo. That's just stupid!

------------------
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly
developed it may be." - Adolf Galland.

Posts: 370 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada. | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 11-25-1999 06:34 PM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Also, terrain-specific landmarks, so a tile that only goes in this spot, one that only goes in that spot, ect...

Things like:

-The Thames docks
-St. Paul's Cathedral
-The cliffs of Dover
-Individual airfield layouts, with parked aircraft and other 'pretties' about

We can meet EAW and CFS half-way. Just the major landmarks, and some nice detailing on the airfields, would be grand!

Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 11-25-1999 06:39 PM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aircraft Types/Variants:

Note that you will need all the major Soviet and Italian jobs if you want to model those campaigns (Eastern Front and Mediterranean)

This of course requires new plane models, rather than just skin and flight changes.

matttm
Member # 662

posted 11-25-1999 07:08 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks Gavin. I was sorta taking it as a given that the Soviet/Italian planes would automatically be included if a campaign covered that front.

Matt.

Posts: 692 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gavin
Member # 1127

posted 11-25-1999 07:19 PM     Profile for Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You've got to be extremely specific with these game developer types! Too much rope and before you know it, you've got re-painted Stukas trying to be Stormoviks and Pikachoo as your wingman!

(or however you say that little yellow &$^#*&^*'s name who should be thrown into a P-47's prop)

JG5_Jerry
Member # 1076

posted 11-26-1999 02:04 AM     Profile for JG5_Jerry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey - I'm one of those game developer types - it's only the programmers and beta-testers who are dumb !
Posts: 702 | From: Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tobiwan
Member # 420

posted 11-26-1999 03:03 AM     Profile for Tobiwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yeah!

Programmers suck!

Posts: 893 | From: Amanzimtoti, KWA-Zulu, South Africa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 11-26-1999 04:27 AM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey - I'm a programmer!!! We just take the specs and run with them...sure three props on a one engine plane seems wrong, but damm it, it's in the specs!!!!

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG5_Jerry
Member # 1076

posted 11-26-1999 07:30 AM     Profile for JG5_Jerry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Games programmers are a different species entirely !
Posts: 702 | From: Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
DanW
Member # 1029

posted 11-26-1999 08:10 AM     Profile for DanW   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
MISSION BUILDER...

nuff said

GunJam
Member # 1144

posted 11-26-1999 01:32 PM     Profile for GunJam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post

How About a real online HOST server, Ill supply the Lines, Server, and even the HOST code.

I started a company that did "WarBirds" I left them in 1997, when we sold to IMOL.

I can get a team to do some host server stuff.. I guess we need permission from
MP though... Im new to this game as I just reviewed it for my radio show...

Anyway Ill see you gents in the sky!

Posts: 21 | From: Palm Desert, Ca USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.