Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Thanks gentlemen, it's been a ride...

Author Topic: Thanks gentlemen, it's been a ride...
KrashnBurn
Member # 21

posted 11-24-1999 01:36 AM     Profile for KrashnBurn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Am soon to be leaving Europe to go back to Oz for a while, which means I won't be able to join in the mayhem of the EAW forum for gawd knows how long...

Unfortunately, due to their close association with yours truly, the following forum identities will also be AWOL from Friday...

Hein Kill
Fifi Maraudiere
Bridgitte Grandseins
Ugo Drago (Sing Salvatore!)
Salvatore
Bazookabrain

Plus the doppelgangers

Der Opa
CFran
Edwin Romell
Tailspun

So, thanks for all the fun!! Much as I enjoy living in Denmark, it's going to be nice to be able to play EAW without mittens on!

Keep fighting the good fight!

S!

KrashnBurn (plink click pop sing!)

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-24-1999 02:13 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Krashnburn

Ach Scheiß- it has been so much fun!- No- way zhat you can get back on-line in Australia?- zey do have computers you know!

The forum will miss you and your alter-ego's ( Ich glaube zhat Dr.Katzenjammer vould be able to help out mit ze therapy- für a small fee of course ! )

But if it is time to go, it is time- If ve do not see you before Christmas- All of the best für Weinacht- may the true spirit of Christmas be in your heart and mind. We look forward to hearing from you and your family again in the near future?

All ob der best!

From the gang

E.R. und friends

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hun Hunter
Member # 448

posted 11-24-1999 02:20 AM     Profile for Hun Hunter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'll second that. All the best and a safe journey to you. Join us again SOON

------------------
Tally Ho!

Posts: 1304 | From: In a water tight cavern under Sydney Harbour Bridge | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MadWallaby
Member # 1043

posted 11-24-1999 02:42 AM     Profile for MadWallaby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I've only been actively posting a couple of days, but I've been lurking here for about four weeks or so, reading. In that time, I've gotten fairly caught up in all the goings on... this is one bunch of very intelligent and creative people.

Krash, you exemplify the spirit of this group. (Hell, you're a big chunk of it by the looks of all your alternates!) You'll be sorely missed, I'm sure.

Feel free to drop me a line, and if you're passing through Brisbane, we should hook up and get plastered!

Cheers!
The Wallaby.

The author of this post wishes to advise younger readers that alcohol, its consumption, and the effects of its consumption are not cool. Alcohol doesn't make you cool. Don't drink. It's not smart.

But by God it's fun.

Posts: 139 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
KrashnBurn
Member # 21

posted 11-24-1999 03:07 AM     Profile for KrashnBurn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ha, yeah they do have electricity in Oz, even computers...but after so long in Europe it's going to be hard to do anything but lie on a beach in the sun in my free time!! And what time I have in front of a PC will be spent on A26 and Ju88G7 sorties slotting the bad guys...

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-24-1999 03:46 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S!- I know the sun deprivation feeling- just watch out- it's extremely dangerous these days- at least SPF 18 or up sunscreen in this part of the world now- I think it is worse in Aussie

Enjoy- but why anybody would choose to fly an Ju88 I will never understand !

Danke

E.R

Hurry back to the forum- hope you get bored pretty quickly !!

[This message has been edited by Edwin Rommel (edited 11-24-1999).]

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 11-24-1999 05:23 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
SAY IT ISNT SO KRASH!!

AHHH well one must go one i guess. Veil Gluck Mein Kamarade! S!

Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 11-24-1999 08:17 AM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Good luck, Krash! Would be nice to hear from you again

Stan

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
VonGunn
Member # 313

posted 11-24-1999 09:03 AM     Profile for VonGunn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
KrashBurn,

One Question before ya go, by Oz, Can I assume that you mean a certian state in the middle of the USA that a certian flim made with Oz in the title was set in??

If so, where at, as I am a munchkin by birth and by the Grace of God, maybe I can return there with in the next few months myself.

I hope you have fun where ever you and your "friends" end up. Thanks for the memories!!

VonGunn

Posts: 377 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 11-24-1999 09:29 AM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
KrashnBurn,

Good Luck! Your contibutions here will missed! May the EAW gods continue to fly by your side, and watch your six! Untill you post again, Salute!

The Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
VonBroam
Member # 39

posted 11-24-1999 09:36 AM     Profile for VonBroam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post

Snif..

VonBroam squints into the sky, staring at a familiar looking aircraft. It is the Stealth Stuka and it is heading south. He frowns for a minute then gets mad. "Just Vhere do you sink you are going vith FIFI", He yells at the departing plane. He then looks over at his new machine and prepares to intercept his friend gone AWOL.

Best of luck to ya Krash, don't get too intoxicated by the sun. And I have heard wild things about the Aussie ladies!!

VonBroam out

Posts: 327 | From: Beaufort, South Carolina | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
KrashnBurn
Member # 21

posted 11-24-1999 10:05 AM     Profile for KrashnBurn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hee hee, the only yellow brick road I ever saw was the one I leave behind if I take a whizz on the cobbles on an icy winter night up here at the Near North Pole...

And as for the Aussie ladies, well ... even a patriotic lad like me has to admit it has been pleasant living in a land where 90 percent of the lassies are tall, blonde and well . . . well endowed.

Think variations on these two (infamous) Danes:

Hope these don't get me permanently banned, I tried to keep them under the wire set by Donster

Cheers

Krash

CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 11-24-1999 10:44 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
HUH?!? i always thought that danes looked like this!

CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 11-24-1999 10:45 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
AND!! they had Friends like these to go travelling down the coast with

KrashnBurn
Member # 21

posted 11-24-1999 10:54 AM     Profile for KrashnBurn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Funny you should mention that because my totally unscientific theory is that the percentage of beautiful women here is a direct result of Viking plundering and pillage. I mean, after all, if you are going to sail all over Europe stealing women, are you going to bring home the ugly ones?

Krash

(Going out in a blaze of un-PCness)

Karnak
Member # 139

posted 11-24-1999 01:08 PM     Profile for Karnak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Good luck.

Sisu

Posts: 461 | From: San Rafael, California, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MessySchmitt
Member # 682

posted 11-24-1999 01:57 PM     Profile for MessySchmitt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ACH! You make Messy very sad, SHAME UN YOUS!
I only gots to fly un da wing ov der great Fleiger Hein Kill vonce.

Now vot is Messy supposed to be doing huh?
You tink dat Im protecting that SISSY von Hess....will nicht to dat noise.

Any way VISH YOU LUCK!
UND maybe ven yous in Oz you maybe could have Hein Kill get treatment so dat he kome back as vas? It vas because of Heiny {and dat sissy} dat Messy ist here .
Hope he get vell soon. I hope some day to fly mit him again but as da OL HEINY.

Actung BLACK LIONS !!!

SALUTE!

Translation:

Im very sad to see you go especially Hein kill It was because of him and von Hess that I became interested in this forum.

I want to say its kind of disapointment to know who Hein Kill is but also a relief. I noticed a difference in style and in truth WAS CONCERNED that some one found his password. I understand why you told....too many post could have been left unread etc etc.

Maybe since your going to OZ....when you come back can we have ol Heiny back
with the HE111 Fat Fritz and his great bomberdaire! lol!

Personaly I have missed him. Messy was guarding the skys awaiting his return and will do so now.

Ps. Heiny ,I wont let von Hess get away with anything

I salute you!

wish you well hope for a safe trip and a quick return

Hurry back with Fi Fi her gunner and the rest .They are great.

------------------
Danger: contains Germglish and maybe inappropiate for some viewers

[This message has been edited by MessySchmitt (edited 11-24-1999).]

Posts: 39 | From: currently " Abbeyville " | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 11-24-1999 02:08 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
KrashnBurn,

How very coincidental . . . ironic even! I was following your last thread about burning the EAW hacker at the stake, when I saw the post by hAcKER who threatened to damage the board again.
That post made me a bit nervous so I grep'd the IP and lo and behold . . . here was the same guy with several different personalities.

Once I knew who it was, I was less worried. So, strange that you should unveil yourself to the crew here just one day after I discovered it myself.

I too have enjoyed your posts and hope that you'll find the time to come back someday.

------------------
Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 11-24-1999 02:20 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
KrashandBurn:

YOU are going to be missed...I have only been posting a short time (stumbled across this wonderful place of mad insanity in an even madder world), but from that short time I know that your on-line absence will create a huge void in this site.

I salute you for your wit and wisdom, Sir..Please hurry back when you can.

Now Lads, we must carry on...

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
KMHPaladin
Member # 240

posted 11-24-1999 04:53 PM     Profile for KMHPaladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hope you're back soon, Krash. But I knew you wouldn't leave entirely - the A-26 will soon be yours to fly! Hehe, have a good one buddy.

------------------
-KMHPaladin
- "The duty of the fighter pilot is to patrol his
area of the sky, and shoot down any enemy
fighters in that area. Anything else is rubbish."
Baron Manfred von Richthofen, 1917
- [email protected]

Posts: 794 | From: RPI - Troy, NY; originally from South Jersey | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tailspin
Member # 86

posted 11-24-1999 06:04 PM     Profile for Tailspin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Krash...Good luck, We'll miss you around here. Come back soon.
God Bless

Tailspin

Posts: 1895 | From: Metropolis USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Reese
Member # 156

posted 11-25-1999 07:35 PM     Profile for Reese   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Krash, I will always cherish the glass eye you gave me some months ago. Good luck. See you over the Channel.
Tobiwan
Member # 420

posted 11-26-1999 12:13 AM     Profile for Tobiwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I have a rather good friend who is half danish, surname Jensen, (Pronounced Yensen I believe), he firmly subscribes to your theory about Danish women.
(He's a EAW nut and as soon as he gets an internet connection I guarentee you'll see him here.)

Personally I say you're both wrong.

All the REALLY pretty girls are from Sweden!!! Danmark got the one the Swedes did'nt want. At least that's what my mommy always told me and she was born there.

Svenska best!!!!

[This message has been edited by Tobiwan (edited 11-26-1999).]

Posts: 893 | From: Amanzimtoti, KWA-Zulu, South Africa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.