Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Need EAW simmers help, Sound improvements

Author Topic: Need EAW simmers help, Sound improvements
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 11-21-1999 11:58 AM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I know that this is not, strickly speaking, an EAW issue, but wondering what you folks can do to help. Also like to find out what you all are using.

I'm looking to upgrade my speaker system. Currently I have two set of powered speakers (Labtec) coming out of a stereo headphone splitter jack. One set for the left channel and one for the right. No subwoofer.

I'm looking for surround sound and want to attach a large subwoofer to the back of my chair for a kick in the pants from a nearby flak burst or feel the cannon shells as they hit.

Any ideas on what I should get, set up, etc. gratefully accepted.

PS have the latest Meatwater sounds, its the hardware end of things.

------------------
Check six & aim for the cockpit.

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 11-21-1999 12:14 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mr Raptor .

It sound to me you want to hook up to HOME stereo to your PC

Soundblaster live should do.

I have Cambridge soud design 4 speaker set up
with sup woofer. They are great for clarity suffice most time.

hee hee

BUT.....

When I want to FLY INSANE.......Then on my desk is BOKA 2000 w/sub woofer w /2 speakers hooked into my Juster sub Woofer w/2 speakers .....the Juster unit has a input line in the back.

So I have BOTH SETS running BOKA for BASS ....Juster for HIGHS .....each indivually tuned by the SUB WOOFERS....HEE HEE... and volume controls WOW !!! hahahahaaa!!

When I go to single missions the screen where they start the WULFs up in the hanger??.......MY desk shakes!!! and when pilot shuts it down you can hear the individual Cylinders fire down to a HALT

WOOOOOOO BOOOOOOY

And were not talking going DEAF either just got BIG BASS sound not Volume wise !

good , old fashion, feel the wind out of the woofer BASE!

and FLAK.....dont get me started

Im not the ONLY SICKO who did this the guy at ELECTRONICS Boutique where I bought my Cambridges did the same

I use Cams 99% of time but when NOBODYS HOME heeee heeee
and Ive had too much coffee
heee heee

its strap on the GOGGLES AND GOT FOR IT !!

------------------
There is ALWAYS a WAY if your COMMITTED !

Posts: 292 | From: Holland Western Front | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 11-21-1999 03:05 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
BB13,

Thanks, question, does that include sending the output from the PC to an amp?

------------------

Posts: 6145 | From: Maine USA, Proud Member of ELF (EAW Liberation Front) | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 11-21-1999 03:48 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
No actually Im not using a Home stereo set up . Just two inexpensive PC speaker systems

The Boka is on EBAY for 34.99 got TWO of them ...one just in case theres a break down

They come with two satilites and one subwoofer . standand PC set up

Same same for the JUSTERS
2 sat one subwoofer

what makes this POSSIBLE is the juster has a pass thru jack .So i can feed from the sound blaster live into the JUSTER woofer .Then the same signal to the BOKA woofer.
It works as if I had a spliter off the SB LIVE without loading it.

The signal out the juster is "passed thru"
that is unmodified in any way so the BOKA "see's " the same signal as if it were hooked up direct to the SB Live.

So in effect I have two PC systems off 1 sound card and Im using the dynamic range of each where they are the strongest.

The BOKA 2000 for low the Juster for high

Juster plays a beautiful french horn sound for example. so the high metallic BANG part of flak is hear as well as the RECOIL bolt action of 50s from B17 gunners

and since they are seperate they are tunable to how you hear....THATS THE BEST PART !!

oooooh Im getting "the feeling "just talking about it had 3 cups of coffee too.....almost there ....

------------------

ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 11-21-1999 03:49 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Did I mention Meatwater sounds are used ?

vbg

------------------

mane_raptor
Member # 845

posted 11-21-1999 03:54 PM     Profile for mane_raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
BB13,

Got you covered...try some Green Mountian Breakfast Blend..that'll pop your eyeballs open...

They just opened a new Circuit City near here (about 50 mi LOL) and I thought I'd check it out...thinking of getting an amp, four JVC or Bose with a 100amp sub.

Always liked Cowboy Wilson'd rig. Want to hook the sub to a flight chair I'm building and hang the others from the wall at the cardnal points.

------------------

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.