Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Aircraft of the Week

Author Topic: Aircraft of the Week
Donster
Member # 196

posted 11-19-1999 01:48 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Salute!

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-19-1999 03:04 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! Herr Donster. This is actually the aircraft of the month for me. My White Whale. I'm doing a skin based on it and managed to get all the insignia done but I'm horrible at camoflague, no patience. I added the Ost Front winged shield, but no good pictures of that source seeing as how I have no scanner, or webpage, or money, or...

Schattenjäger

"Der Horrido...Der Horrido..."

PS: Bah that didn't work. Need to find another picture. There another picture.

[This message has been edited by Schatten (edited 11-19-1999).]

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 11-19-1999 03:13 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Schatten,

S! I like! I like!

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-19-1999 03:45 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! und Danke Herr Donster. That shows basically a plain metal, RLM grey washed one. The one I'm trying to do has Ost Front winter markings on it, green and white camoflague. And nein, it isn't the 'Autumn Air Force' as one of my more smart*** friends suggested when he saw me flying the test around on my screen.

Oh and here are 2 more that are my Little White Whales:

Although the Hungarian one I'm doing as an Bf 109 since I'm not that good with Fw's yet, well I'm not that good with Bf's either but you get the point. I like doing the more obscure airforces myself. I don't know why.

Schattenjäger

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-19-1999 11:55 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Here's one for Cfran, as a thank you for bombing the O Club at WWII:Online. Too bad they hide their beer isn't it? Then again if I saw these guys coming...

------------------
Schattenjäger

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-20-1999 10:19 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'...Get them posts a rollin' where they beloooooong...

------------------
Schattenjäger

Schattenjäger
unregistered

posted 11-20-1999 10:38 PM       Edit/Delete Post
Just a test.
IP: Logged
ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 11-21-1999 12:32 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shatten

you wrote:

", but no good pictures of that source seeing as how I have no scanner, or webpage, or money, or.."

then how were you able to get those plane pics on you reply?

LMK

------------------
There is ALWAYS a WAY if your COMMITTED !

Posts: 292 | From: Holland Western Front | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 11-21-1999 01:03 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Butcher, click on the picture and go to properties....

Stan

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 11-21-1999 01:05 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Stan ,

I understand that but HOW is he finding these??

on Web sites .....he says he doesnt have any
but yet he found a way to modify a pic and get here ....thats what I dont get.....

without a scanner no less !

------------------
There is ALWAYS a WAY if your COMMITTED !

Posts: 292 | From: Holland Western Front | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 11-21-1999 01:32 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Butcher, none of these pictures is modified, they are all posted on that website. And one of us once posted the link I think

Stan

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-21-1999 02:35 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I can post pictures in that are on webpages. But I don't have a webpage of my own so I can't put up screenshots of the skins I'm working on or any screen shots period because I don't have a page to put them on, well I have space but no page yet.

Those profiles are the ones I'm using as source material and I got them from the Fighter Marikings of Germany's Co-Belligerents at:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rhorta/jgaxis.htm

Which is a very nice site. So until I can get a page to put up screenshots from my computer, I have to put up the sources. I think for Christmas I'm getting a scanner. Well I'm pretty sure I am (willing to bet money on it but not saying how I know ) Once I get that I'll post some of the things I have from books since I DID find webpage space just can't figure out how to configure it. As soon as I figure that one out, next couple days, I'll put up screenshots of the test skins I have.

And you're right Herr Stanley they aren't modified. I have about 30 bookmarks of sites with good profiles, color schemes, once I organize them I'll post the good ones if anyone is interested.

------------------
Schattenjäger

Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 11-21-1999 02:46 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Oh yep Schatten, please post your links!

Stan

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-21-1999 02:52 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Going through the pile now Herr Stanley. I have waaaay to many bookmarks, this could take a little while. Oh well, they need organized anyhow. As soon as I get them narrowed down I'll put up a post of them.

------------------
Schattenjäger

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-21-1999 03:51 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Alright, for the interested I just got the links done and cut into my word processor. I'll post what I dug up in a new thread ASAP.
http://www.combatsim.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000678.html

------------------
Schattenjäger

[This message has been edited by Schatten (edited 11-21-1999).]

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.