Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » sound problem with Meatwater soundpack

Author Topic: sound problem with Meatwater soundpack
lhopp
Member # 1050

posted 11-19-1999 10:26 PM     Profile for lhopp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As a new EAW user, I would appreciate some help from the Forum.

I just downloaded the Meatwater soundpack v2.0 (full 17 Mb) plus the v 2.5 patch. The sound would be great except for an annoying rattling noise that seems to come from one of my speakers. It did not happen with the original sounds of EAW and does not happen with other programs. (The system is an AMD K2-6 400 Mhz, 128 Mb RAM, the speakers are Boston MacroMedia System, the sound card is Sound Blaster PCI 128).

Any suggestion?

Leslie

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-19-1999 11:24 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Off the top of my head all I can think of is that if you are using the radial engined planes the bass might be set too high, I know the ones I have have a broader low end. As an old bass player I picked that out right away. So I'd suggest adjusting that and seeing how it works.

Oh and welcome to the magical Land of EAW. We're only half as crazy as we seem, honest...

Schattenjäger

"Der Horrido...Der Horrido..."

[This message has been edited by Schatten (edited 11-19-1999).]

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 11-20-1999 09:04 AM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You might also try going into your config option and adjusting the engine sounds down a bit. I had to do this with meatwater 2.0 especially when flying the 190 or the P47. It was shaking my desk.
Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
lhopp
Member # 1050

posted 11-20-1999 02:27 PM     Profile for lhopp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks for your reply!
The suggestions did not help. I ended up deleting all SNDxx files and installed only the 5 SNDxx files that came with v 2.5 of Meatwater. The "rattling" stopped and some of the sounds are still better than the original. But I still don't know why I have this sound distortion with the v2.0 files.

Leslie

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.