Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Your Fab Music when flying...

Author Topic: Your Fab Music when flying...
Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-17-1999 03:11 PM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So?
Migge

Posts: 277 | From: Turku,Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 03:28 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hmmm...Wagner or Holst for when I'm feeling apocalypic while attacking huge bomber streams. Vivaldi or Mozart for Jabo attack missions, I honestly don't know why. "Aces High" by Iron Maiden for the BoB. "Danke Schon" by Wayne Newton when I get medals. And just about anything really loud for the frantic luftberrys, Iced Earth seems to get me in the mood. "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash when I climb into a bomber, seems appropriate and ever since I saw the "Ray Butts" episode of Space: Above and Beyond I realised what a perfect flying song that was.

Ja and I know, weird selections but Classical and Heavy Metal are a more alike in structure than most people would care to admit. Wayne Newton is just plain amusing and Johnny Cash is the only country singer that I can really stomach.

Schattenjaeger

"Der Horrido...Der Horrido..."

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Whizkid
Member # 993

posted 11-17-1999 04:28 PM     Profile for Whizkid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
There is a Website I found earlier in the week called www.com (thats it!)which offers all types of music in streaming sound on a virtual 40s Radio. Now I go galloping around the sky in my Spit listening to Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey,etc which(for me,anyway)really enhances the WW2 experience. And to think I thought they were awful when I heard them live! Ah, well, age lends enchantment!
Posts: 269 | From: CitrusHts,Ca.,USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 04:38 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wow, I'll have to give that a look. Does the streaming music interfere at all if you use Roger Wilco for online voice or not? If not then I think I'll definately have to ignore my CD player.

Also for mein Luftwaffe Kameraden I once upon a time found a site with World War II German music on it, completely forgot about it, I'll check my bookmarks and see if it will work while flying. Although I have to say that the Horst Wessel Leid(sp?) is about THE most annoying piece of music I've ever had the misfortune to hear. Some of the more 'patriotic' songs are...well you can guess how tasteful they are. But German war-era Jazz wasn't bad from what I've heard of it.

Schattenjaeger

Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 11-17-1999 05:18 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well it doesn't fit time or era, but "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen is nice while flying...

Stan

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 06:01 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well I just flew a mission listening to the www.com Swing channel. There is a lot to be said for shooting down planes in a Mustang while listening to "Zoot Suit Riot" and "Sing, Sing, Sing", und ja I know those are out of period too, und I should be in the Luftwaffe planes I'm shooting down, but for Swing the Mustang just seemed like the logical choice. The only problem I had was no in-game sound at all, nichts, no prop sound, gun sound or most importantly, *ping* sounds that let me know I'm in deep kaka.

When you played using it Herr Whizkid did you have all of the normal sounds as well? It could be that I just need to switch some things around on my Windows sound settings. At least I hope so, that music was very inspiring. I wound up digressing to total fangs out dogfighting I was so pumped up. This could be a bad thing...

Schattenjaeger

ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 11-17-1999 06:33 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Schatten ,

Sing ,Sing, Sing .....in a 51 ?

sound like the beginning of JANES WWII Fighter to me....

HOW .....<never mind I made you HORRIDO ENOUGH tonight LOL!!>

------------------
There is ALWAYS a WAY if your COMMITTED !

Posts: 292 | From: Holland Western Front | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 06:43 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Butcherbird HORRIDO! Couldn't resist, Ja it does doesn't it? It's a good thing that I had my earphones on or I would have had even more explaining to do because of the volume level. Thankfully my off key singing, for no appearent reason thanks to the headphones, kept people out of my office. They just think I lost my mind earlier tonight than usual.

I'm still trying to find the German music bookmark (I never said I was organized) so I can get back in a Junkers 88 where I belong...Well actually since I have some online lined up, I should brush up on my Bf 109F4 skills I think. I'll post it, when I find it.

Schattenjaeger

"Crazy!? I prefer the term 'eccentric'"

VonBroam
Member # 39

posted 11-17-1999 06:43 PM     Profile for VonBroam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post

I have always liked flying to the Star Wars sound tracks. The MechWarrior Mercenaries CD, has some good music to.

But when those brave Americans darken the skies of the beloved Fatherland, I always attact to the Ride of the Valkyries!!!

VonBroam out

Posts: 327 | From: Beaufort, South Carolina | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kurt Plummer
Member # 358

posted 11-17-1999 07:27 PM     Profile for Kurt Plummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Conan Soundtrack, every time...

KP

KMHPaladin
Member # 240

posted 11-17-1999 09:28 PM     Profile for KMHPaladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I don't usually listen to music (c'mon guys, whatever happened to "suspension of disbelief" huh? ) but I will occasionally pop the Matrix soundtrack into my stereo; a techno beat might be out of the time period, but when you're winging over on a huge flight of B-17s in a -109K and the prospect of surving a run just isn't that great, a good beat is what you need to get your blood pumping.

Regards,

------------------
-KMHPaladin
- "The duty of the fighter pilot is to patrol his
area of the sky, and shoot down any enemy
fighters in that area. Anything else is rubbish."
Baron Manfred von Richthofen, 1917
- [email protected]

Posts: 794 | From: RPI - Troy, NY; originally from South Jersey | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Capitan Manduca
Member # 918

posted 11-18-1999 02:39 AM     Profile for Capitan Manduca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Usually none. But when things go fine I use to mix Classical with Heavy Metal.

You know, some Black Sabbath here, a bit of Maiden there and some waltzes. Mix them and you could "Going Insane"

Posts: 888 | From: Madrid, España | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-18-1999 02:42 AM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks for a reply.
Just want to know what im gonna do with my
web site music. Hmmm weekly updates and a wish
list.
Migge

Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-18-1999 02:44 AM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
And for me it's the Chemical brothers.
oh what a bang.
Migge

[This message has been edited by Migge (edited 11-18-1999).]

Opa
Member # 125

posted 11-18-1999 08:38 AM     Profile for Opa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rammstein.

------------------
Der Opa

Posts: 710 | From: Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Whizkid
Member # 993

posted 11-18-1999 11:01 PM     Profile for Whizkid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sorry I took so long to reply,Schatten, but Im starting to forget who Im writing to! Anyway, regarding the Music while flying, try Tools,Internet Options,Multimedia,Keep Radio on,and see if that does it. I think thats what I did,but Im not positive. Of course ,you have to be on the internet while your flying to have the music. Not Multiplayer but just online.Let me know how it goes.
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-18-1999 11:21 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Whizkid, that's quite allright I do the same thing. I was able to hear the music fine and I liked it, I just was unable to hear any of the sound effects for EAW at all when I was listening to it. When you did it were you still able to hear the enigines, guns, etc. in addition to the music? I think I'll try it again, this time without the headphones, that could have been the problem. Although that opens up a whole new can mit worms seeing as how loudly I like to play my music and EAW. Terrifying combination...

Schattenjaeger

[This message has been edited by Schatten (edited 11-18-1999).]

Whizkid
Member # 993

posted 11-19-1999 12:46 AM     Profile for Whizkid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! Herr Schatten.
Well, I think Ill take up basketweaving instead of computers! I tried to duplicate what I did the other day to play and fly,but nothing doing! NOTHING! No problem with the guns,etc,but dead silence from the radio.Anyway if I figure it out Ill be sure to let you know.

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-19-1999 12:56 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! Herr Whizkid, I understand completely about the basketweaving, my computer has been called many unprintable things over the years. Although I'm leaning more towards painting myself, I'm thinking about doing a full scale mural of a Bf 109 that covers my garage just to make the neighbors wonder what I have parked in there...

I've been able to fly again tonight with the music playing, just no other sounds from the sim with it and haven't tried online with it at all yet. Further experimenting will be done on this end I assure you, if I can figure anything out I'll be sure to post it.

Schattenjaeger

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.