Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » A NEW LIFE FOR EAW- VERSION II ? YOUR SUPPORT NEEDED ! (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: A NEW LIFE FOR EAW- VERSION II ? YOUR SUPPORT NEEDED !
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-17-1999 12:57 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herren
A continuation of http://www.combatsim.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000556.html

We need your ideas und support bitte

Herr Schatten has been "volunteered" as spokesman for an attempt to approach MP about the possibility to give EAW a new lease of life. Any other Volunteers will be welcomed with open arms !!

The issues are as follows

1. Do we have support to approach MP about releasing portions of the source code for EAW to trustees such as Charles to work on and incorporate new ideas (The historic precedent to this has been discussed previously)

2. Who do we contact at MP- the EAW branch has effectively "closed down"

3. A comprehensive wish list needs to be compiled ( Herr matttm would you like to organize zhis one?)

4. Programmer trustees-Charles- do you volunteer to head up this effort?

Let us run with this idea for a week and see if we get anywhere towards a cohesive argument to approach MP with?

Danke

E.R.

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 01:11 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ja, volunteered like the Red Army volunteer Penal Battalions. See vhat I get for opening mein big trapp? Ach Himmel. I'll do it if there is interest and no one else wants to do it. Although I'll have to go into heavy Germglish deprivation for about a week first so they don't think I'm completely insane.

Anyhow, what does everyone think on any of this?

Schattenjaeger

"Der Horrido...Der Horrido..."

[This message has been edited by Schatten (edited 11-17-1999).]

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG5_Jerry
unregistered

posted 11-17-1999 01:21 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Get in touch with Steve White at http://eawonline.telefragged.com/

He has a few contacts with the EAW guys at MPS, and will be able to tell you whether your wishes will be fulfilled!

IP: Logged
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-17-1999 01:25 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Danke JG5_Jerry

Anybody knows Steve White better than I do?- I don't know him at all !!

Shall we talk to Steve first and then continue with this effort?

Danke

E.R.

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 01:30 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mein Herren,

I also don't know Herr White at all.

Schattenjaeger

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-17-1999 01:53 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herren

Not crucial, but having some "prior knowledge helps-

Any takers to talk to Steve?

Otherwise- Herr Schatten if you maybe expand a bit on the ideas/description of the SSI case that you presented in the other thread and mail it to Steve for comment?

Danke

E.R.

JG5_Jerry
unregistered

posted 11-17-1999 04:35 AM       Edit/Delete Post
As I'm a partner in EAW Online, I guess I should mail him ! What do you want me to ask? A list would be nice.
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-17-1999 04:55 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr JG5_Jerry

Schatten (who has dissapeared for the time been- probably been up all night again!) put forward an eloquent argument about the case of Steel Panthers II and SSI, the full story is

quote:
How much can we ask for and what, if anything are they willing to give. I have Steel Panthers: WW II and I was very impressed that SSI would open up the code for what was by then a pretty old product. SP:III isn't that old but the code is. What I mean is that they would take code and allow outside developers to come to an arrangement to tinker with something that probably wasn't exactly selling like hotcakes anymore but which had a very diehard group of people that wanted to make additions and support it, and in the process they sold some more copies of what was a 'dead' product, at least dead in the terms of age and sales.

If someone could get in touch with MicroProse and bring up that very argument Herr Rommel then maybe something could happen. EAW is a year old, that means that it's in discount bins, which isn't a reflection of it's quality obviously, but the way the computer sim business works. A year old = sales dead pretty much to most developers. Now if you look at the number of posts on here, the silliness aside, it's obvious that the interest in EAW isn't dead at all and if anything is probably higher than it was before patch 1.2 came out. Look at all of the neat goodies that we've gotten in just the past 2-3 months, the new version of ECA, the skins, terrain, sounds, just about everything that is able to be modified at this point with the tools that they've given us has been.

Does that mean people will quit? No because everything being done is either a) artistic or b) engineering of flight models in some way. People can keep playing with the FM's and making new skins forever, it isn't a technological wall there, there is always something that can/will be tweaked.

It's late and I'm starting to ramble, so I'll try to get this as succinct as I can.

1) The editing of text in the flight logs would be something that would add to the immersion level, it wouldn't be a cheat or anything of the sort, it'd be for the reference of the player and also fun to trade "what I did" sort of statistics. No money out of their pockets there. Should be asked for.

2) The ground objects. This could be a little trickier to get because it would explain in part the code for making what we all really want (which is in 3 below) so it could be harder to get. For increasing the numbers of objects, I don't think they'd be losing anything by having more of what's already in the sim in it.

3) The plane object files. This is really what we want isn't it? I know I'd say the hell with the ground objects, and the text in the log if I could fly any plane I wanted to. French, Japanese, Russian (no Flankers though), etc. Charles Gunst (may his joystick always be calibrated!) can do the flight models for these, he's working on them. But how much better would it be to have a LaGG that looked like a LaGG not just the proper flight model, tacked onto whatever plane that came close, in a skin that is as close as the shape will allow? That's the Mother of All Wishes. And the one that would take the most begging to get. The only way I can see it happening is if MP does what SSI did with SP and gave it to 'a select few' so they could make them with the promise that they'd never be given out to 'enemy' software companies. Or if they do a complete 180 and decide to make EAW fully open, which is one of the strengths (it pains me to say it) of CFS. Bill Gates isn't losing any money because CFS plane editing tools are out there, and I know it's a big difference in revenue between MS and MP but the fact remains that these models aren't any good without the game itself. IF it was done right and a Gold edition was needed to unlock the planes that were made by outsiders how many copies do you think they'd sell? About everyone that has EAW now and is dedicated would buy it the day it came out. That's almost doubling your money from a 'dead' game. Plus with the added lure of open planes then WW II simmers that passed on EAW the first time because it didn't have that in place would probably pick it up.

Whew, that was long, hope it made sense somewhat. The point is that what marketing may consider dead isn't dead to the people here. And we're growing! I personally 'pitched' EAW to 2 of my friends who have bought it just in the last 2 weeks. And they love it. With the expansions we have now it definately is like a whole new game, one of them had a friend's copy but wasn't impressed the first go, an eye candy problem, that's fixed now. If it's like a whole new sim now, then it could be the Uber Sim bar none with these changes in place. It would make them more money with little effort compared to the gains in both money and in new publicity. All that would be needed is the codes to do it, and something like the file checker that is used online to make sure that the files couldn't be used for any other purpose than playing from a registered copy of EAW. Then again I'm sure it's more complicated than that, I'm no computer genius, but the basic logic still holds.

We would like to know, if we can come up with a list of PLEASE- WE NEED THIS for EAW, if MP would say for instance address the issue, or allow an EAW Trustee along the line of one Charles Gunst insight into the source code or parts of it, in order to make the changes we so desperately want. This information would remain in a slect few's hands, and would not be used for commercial gain.

MP benefits in the sense of selling some more EAW CD's cause the modified game will not work sans the original CD- SSI did it and made some money from a "dead game" We would like to know what the chances of a "repeat performance" along the lines of the SSI example would be?

Sorry for the long post- Schatten started it !

Danke

E.R.

JG5_Jerry
unregistered

posted 11-17-1999 05:41 AM       Edit/Delete Post
I'll mail this to him and see what he says.
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-17-1999 05:49 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr JG5_Jerry

Danke !!

E.R.

Ve vait ???

JG5_Jerry
unregistered

posted 11-17-1999 07:22 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Yes - it might take a while.
Blade
Member # 295

posted 11-17-1999 07:46 AM     Profile for Blade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey guys, why not ask "Viking1" here at combatsim to provide you with MP/EAW contacts. Just a thought.

Blade

Posts: 158 | From: Nepean, Onatrio, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 11-17-1999 03:24 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rommel,

When thinking of approching MP or any programmer from MP you have to answer a question :What do you have to offer???

If you simply make requests of them Conventional thinking Requires them to give you a polite dismissal.

ILL give an example
SAY you were to contact MP by phone and they were to give you to "Programer X"
Lets say he is THE ONE who knows the code for all the planes as well as ALL source code.

And you tell him "I would like : "
and then you list your desires...

He has long sinced moved on to different projects and his source of income is MP current project so you are likely to get
a "those ideas BLAH BLAH BLAH [followed with]
maybe sometime in the future blah blah...

Thats if you can get to talk with him.

BUT if you were to say something like

MR X , I read the EAW FORUM and did you know that the forums post and replies DOUBLED when the subject of EAW improvements was raised and I have here a petition of 500+ people who say they would buy such a add on etc etc

now the REASON could be quite different but you have to answer :WHAT DO I HAVE TO OFFER , Instead of What can I get?

If you were to get Charles G , Jerry 5 , White, into a tentative agreement as :Well if he'd do this I be willing to do that .
You could Leverage this to Other MP Programmers......

Maybe ,some will do it if interest is high.......so what you have to offer them is PLENTY of people who have such an interest.

If you talk to a Rep from MP the Bottom line will be on his mind ,also a reasonable chance of sucess .As well it should be....no profits, no MP corp !!!

Jg5 Jerry may well be a great help if you ask him what would He need to do such a plan . What would have to happen to make this a go..

My EAW III was meant to go beyond this issue AT THIS TIME so that the Thinking would be FREE FORM ......With out constraints .

THEN when ALL PEOPLE have HAD their ideas Posted ,THEN how to contact and the issues you are addressing.

{1st you develop/clarify your product then you market it if there is a proven need for it}

I am curently in the Develop stage because ideas are FREE here and easily accessible

I also believe there is a proven NEED just look at players online per night Paying for AWIII ,WARBIRDS,FIGHTER PILOT etc etc

What I want is GOOD IDEAS and A lot of them
HUNDREDS , If everyone will contribute to that and I tried to sort this by subject
Once I have a massive number of good ideas I proposed I was going to have Major Lee send them as a soft petition to MP

I would ALSO like to send it to any contacts you make....Good ideas in great numbers will get the attention on programmers types.....

Look how JG5 JERRY responded .....never seen him on a Germglish thread .....you get the idea!!!

I propose we work together you with the practical approach that will make EAW II happen and myself and hope the Major with the gathering of free form ideas.....

If not MP then maybe some one else....

maybe it wont be an EAW III per se BUT a NEW game that does exactly what we want.

I listed the Danger to MP if THEY DONT do it.
And you gotta believe any flight sim programmer would like to be on the list of "THE ones that DID it "

There is ALWAYS a WAY if your COMMITTED !

[This message has been edited by ButcherBird13 (edited 11-17-1999).]

[This message has been edited by ButcherBird13 (edited 11-17-1999).]

Posts: 292 | From: Holland Western Front | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 04:00 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ja Herr Rommel, I did pass out last night from lack of sleep. Being in PA and for some odd reason having an internal clock set to Eastern Australian time just can't be healthy.

Butcherbird, I agree with you that just making a list of requests is ****ing in the wind. That's why I suggested that a list of ideas that would be wanted should be floated around on the forum, see which ones are the most wanted, ie: something that is SO wanted that everyone would be willing to put their names on a petetion that would bring it to their attention as well as show how much support there is for it. Going beyond that until the actual support level is guaged is like putting the cart before the horse.

I also like the point you made about pointing out (that's a lot of points) about how since the time that there has been new releases, the interest level has picked up on EAW. A strategy needs to be figured out on what is the most supportable of requests, that is the things that people would go on the line in a petetion for, how much actual support there would be for a petition anyhow, and how willing people would be to step up and say,"Yes I would definately buy this new product if it were available." Either as a completly new set of hardcoded data from a MP disk or as a 'key' disk for selectively designed 3rd party modification.

I think before anything at all is done, it should be discussed on here and on any other EAW boards, the Teleragged EAW Online forum pops to mind, as well as any EAW squad pages; to guage whether or not there is really a desire to see it happen.

People can say 'good idea I'd love it' but the real question is how many people will actually go all out to get it by adding to a petition, offering ideas to get it moving and doing it? That was in NO WAY meant to say anything about anyone here great group of people, I just realised it could be taken that way, I think you know what I mean. Like Butcherbird said JG5 Jerry usually doesn't hit the Germglish threads, if can you can too. I mean in the general player base of EAW everyone has things they'd like to see and will agree with good ideas, but they also have to be willing to put up their ideas and join in on the effort. I'm starting to ramble again and probably getting away from what I'm trying to say so I'll try sum it up.

Butcherbird I like the idea of the Free Form idea threads combined with a, well I don't know if free form is impractical and specific is practical by default, but a specific sort of idea set at the same time. The more ideas that people submit, the more things that might have not been thought about will get discussed. This is one of those cases where any idea could spark something else so any opinion should be put up. Something that a potential poster might think 'silly' because of assumptions that everyone is thinking it could be the one thing that everyone, in fact, completely forgot about. So get the ideas rolling, tell your friends on other forums what is being attempted and if they like it have them put in their .02 cents.

How many of you here think that this is a good idea at all? That is the first question that needs answered. Show of hands, comments, anything?

Schattenjaeger

ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 11-17-1999 04:38 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Schatten

What you said was INTERESTING , very Interesting , Extremely Interesting

BTW you werent rambling and you had VERY GOOD ideas and you understood my point very well.

A person who just played EAW for the first time SHOULD POST HIS/HER IDEAS because they might be thinking " boy does
XXXX suck in this game why dont they do this YYYYY instead ? " and it could be a Idea we have since forgotten about .

No idea is stupid here ! PERIOD !

------------------
There is ALWAYS a WAY if your COMMITTED !

Posts: 292 | From: Holland Western Front | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 04:47 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Danke Herr Butcherbird. Now doesn't THAT sound funny. Und I vill get du for sayingk Der Vordt!!! Der Horrido! Der Horrido!!

Alright, that's out of my system. That was the point that I was trying to make. No matter what anyone thinks, POST. There aren't any stupid ideas, there are often easilly overlooked ones because of a fear that they will be recieved as such. I know I had that fear when I first 'lurked' at the old forum, then I realised I wasn't going to get my head chewed off and...They changed the whole forum system on me! But I learned both rather quickly. In fact, the first response I ever had was from FiFi for me putting down the Marauder, if that didn't destroy me then anything we say to anyone sure won't hurt them in the least. So Post! Und Prost! Yeungling is good for the senses you know, and nein it is nichts brewed in China.

Schattenjaeger

"Horridos have been covered already"

JG300x_Wurger
Member # 553

posted 11-17-1999 04:52 PM     Profile for JG300x_Wurger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Greetings everybody!!

I would gladly help in trying to get Microprose to listen. I can offer my services together with Charles. I have heard though that the person(s) that designed the source code now are long gone and are developing their own sim. The people at MP does not know how to change the game. This is just from hearsay and can not be verified. I hope they are wrong. It would be very interesting to the hands on that source code though....!!

Hakan Langebro aka Wurger

Posts: 42 | From: West Bloomfield, MI, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 05:07 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Excellent Herr Wurger! I was hoping that someone with some programming skills and understanding of the code that is alterable would see this, we need you gentlemen to make this work. Charles is IMHO very essential for any work in this direction, so Danke many times over.

If the people at MicroProse don't know how to change the source code, that is if what you heard is true, then finding someone that worked on the source code is then going to have to be important as well. Also if MicroProse doesn't know how to modify the source code then I'd take it that the code isn't going to be used in any upcoming MP products. Which could make it easier to get their permission to modify it, seeing as how even if they don't know the inner workings of it they (I assume) own the code regardless of it's usefulness to them. But something that isn't going to be used by them anymore is much more likely to get permission to tinker with.

Schattenjaeger

Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 11-17-1999 05:19 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What about BUYING Microprose??

Dang my name ain't Bill....

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 05:30 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
LOL!! Herr Stanley, my girlfriend has just been informed that when I win the lottery that's the first check that gets written...She seems less amused at the prospect than I am.

Schattenjaeger

KMHPaladin
Member # 240

posted 11-17-1999 09:32 PM     Profile for KMHPaladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey guys, I don't know about you but hopefully the execs at Microprose are savvy enough to realize that the European Theater is reaching the point where another sim would be completely lost. The Pacific Theater is so wide open now for the first quality sim to model it, I can't believe that no one has taken the opportunity. With B-17II coming out, I think ETO is set for a while, but I would at least like to see some sort of effort made towards modeling another theater. PAW II anyone?

Regards,

------------------
-KMHPaladin
- "The duty of the fighter pilot is to patrol his
area of the sky, and shoot down any enemy
fighters in that area. Anything else is rubbish."
Baron Manfred von Richthofen, 1917
- [email protected]

Posts: 794 | From: RPI - Troy, NY; originally from South Jersey | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 11:30 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Paladin, I agree that a Pacific Theatre sim would be a very nice Christmas present, or 4th of July present, or...well you see my point. It should be done and it probably will by someone sometime soon. At least I hope so.

The thing with B17II is that it is primarilly a B17 sim. As I read it there won't be actual campaigns for fighter pilots which I think is a shame. I'll get it anyway, if I have a computer with the horses to run it that is, but it's a totally different area of flight than what we're talking about here I think. Bombing will be fun, but it's not something I'd want to do day in and day out, jumping into a fighter for an intercept will be fun as well. But I like fighter based campaigns, or at least the option to have a persistant fighter pilot career. From what I've read it isn't going to have that.

And I also agree that the European Theatre has been done to death. After EAW the accepted 'European' Theatre is about as good as it gets. The problem that we're also trying to address here is that Russia is also in Europe. At least as far as air combat goes, they didn't go after the Japanese until after the war against Germany was pretty much locked up. So they should be added to make a 'complete' European Air War.

The same thing goes with Italy. It's in Europe, I'd like to see the parts of Italy that we have on the EAW map right now be completely flyable in. Moving the Invisible No Fly Wall. Having bases and target objects in Italy. Then the Aeronautica Regia could be added to the EAW plane set. The same goes for France in 1940, it's on the map, I'd like to see a Battle of France as a warmup for the Battle of Britain. That adds the French to the mix.

Those are just the European parts that should be added to EAW that is there or almost there as far as the map goes. If the map could be editted and expanded a bit the Russian planes, not flankers, could be added, they could be added now but would come from somewhere in the far east of Germany, which makes sense for early '45 but still requires airbase ownership to be changed. If the map could be stretched a bit to add a bit of Poland then it opens the door for a Poland '39 campaign and Russian '44 campaign. If we could nudge it even a little bit more east then Barbarossa is a possibility. These need more than skins to be realistic, it needs some campaign editing, plan model changes and map editing but they all are European. That's my line of reasoning at least. The next Wayward project after B17II is going to be set in Italy, I know, but it's going to be focused on ground attack. Which also sounds good but again, I'll enjoy something with a narrow focus but like to have as many options as possible.

If there were a way to edit start times so that night missions were possible then the whole RAF bomber campaign opens up, again this would need plane object editing, but no map editing at all. There is a whole campaign for Mosquitos and Luftwaffe night fighters from '40 to the end of the war. Also RAF bombers if they are 2 engined at this point; I think Charles Gunst posted somewhere that in making 4 engined planes flyable there was no way to turn on the other 2 engines since the keys can't be set for 4. Well there is something else to ask for, a way to make 4 engined planes flyable.

The point of this all rambling is that I agree to a point; going back and tinkering a little bit to give the same AAF, RAF and Luftwaffe planes that we already have in an 'enhanced' environment by itself is not a completely constructive idea. Although it would be nice to have a few extras that don't really change what is already under the hood, I think what we're talking about it blowing the engine and reboring it. Same engine in the end, just a whole lot meaner. And no I have no idea where that analogy came from.

Schattenjaeger

[This message has been edited by Schatten (edited 11-17-1999).]

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-17-1999 11:37 PM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mein Herren

Sorry if I have offended in any way- that has never been the intention- and I think we are talking of a common purpose here. I was shying away from the EAW III idea because to my uninformed mind it was getting to be a "senseless paper exercise". I feel that the eventual aim of your exercise (Herr Fleischmeistervogel Dreizehn (Like Shultzie said) und Herr Migge) has now been clearly set, and I am more that willing to buy into the "idea generation" thing if it has a purpose. The negativity about creating "wish-lists" for the sake of posting stems from several times that I have seen similar things happening which led absolutely nowhere.

My contention was that it would be senseless to keep on dreaming if the practicality of putting those dreams into action has not been explored, therefore the idea to test the waters with MP. And Herr Butch- I have read "how to make friends and influence people" and promptly forgot it- thanks for the reminder ! The course of action you point out is what I had in mind.

Seeing that we are united in working towards a goal and not just dreaming our days away- I can now retire! I am thrilled at the prospect of programmers coming on board to sort out the "can do" from the "improbable". Just imagine what can be achieved if our home-grown experts can get their hands on the real nitty-gritty of the programme- Charles et al. could work their magic in a way not even imagined before- let us try our level best to make it happen?

I recall that Major Lee kept track of one of the main hands that worked on EAW and has since left MP and set up his own little company- and was willing to work along the lines of developments on EAW and had the source code in hand (????- long time ago not so sure about the facts anymore). Major Lee- can you refresh our memory?

Dream Away

E.R.
Director- Reality Inc. (plc)

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-17-1999 11:49 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ach Himmel, you aren't escaping that easily Herr Rommel. No retiring for you Stargazer! So let it be written, so let it be done. Okay so I watched "Wholly Moses" today, sue me.

Schattenjaeger

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-17-1999 11:57 PM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Schatten

I am not escaping- I am using meiner "delegation skills "- I will help where-ever I can- but since Herr Butch has pointed out that he was going to take the wishlist further, and the only contribution I had to make was along the lines of bringing up the Steel Panthers story (played it again last night- great "Golden Oldie- especially the new WW II version !) and you had a better grasp of saying what I wanted to say- I have no positive contribution right now!

I think you might need to go and give Flick some help in Holland some time- his agent is thinking about cutting his pay !

Danke

E.R.

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-18-1999 12:06 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ahhhh I understand Herr Rommel. I also heard through the grapevine that Herr Flick's girlfriend Helga has threatened to feed him to the wolves if he continues to stay up past his bedtime for too many nights in a row. Glad I'm not him...She can be downright mean, or so I hear...

Schattenjaeger

"Der Horrido...Der Horrido...Der Horrido"

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-18-1999 12:11 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Schatten

Just before you go to bed- Schultzie just called- he desperately needs your Russian expertise in Russia before you go to bed ?!

Schlafe sie güt !!

Danke

E.R.

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-18-1999 12:25 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Danke Herr Rommel, I posted what I could, but seeing as how he was on der Radio (and I still can't get the ******g non-Roman letters to work) I spelled it out phonetically for the brave Shultzie. Despite his continued use of the Word.

Schattenjaeger

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-18-1999 12:35 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Schatten !

Danke- I desperately need Shultzie back to help me to scratch build a new Me 410 for ze von I lost in Russia !

Sleep well- dear friend down under !

Dream up some ideas für Flick to use while you are at it ?

Danke

E.R.

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-18-1999 12:54 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
LOL! Well Herr Rommel I'm not going to let that dumkopf Zampolit offizer win. I'm like that sometimes. I'm looking for all the information I can find on how to type in Cyrillic.

I'm not down under, wish I was, it's getting to be summer down there while it's getting positively sub-arctic here. I'm in Pennsylvania USA, home of the PA Dutch (whom are German not Dutch), Yeungling Laager (which isn't brewed in China despite what some bartenders think) and the Steelers (who should be looking for a new quarterback) it's only my my inner clock that's on Aussie time because of the company I keep. Although now I think it's shifting to South African time...

Schattenjaeger

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-18-1999 01:17 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ach MOTHERLODE !!

In a sweet voice

Herr Schatten- du do not have an old green card lying around somevhere zhat du have no use for?

hehehehehe

Welcome to Süd Afrika- hold on to you wallet !

E.R.

Go get some rest- it must be something like 3.00 am over at your place ??

[This message has been edited by Edwin Rommel (edited 11-18-1999).]

Tobiwan
Member # 420

posted 11-18-1999 02:57 AM     Profile for Tobiwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well I think you guys are all....

Brilliant!

You thought I was gonna complain did'nt you??!

Own up Major Lee! Oh..he isnt here...hahahaha.

So the basic consensus is we want a game using EAW engine/based on EAW?

I must saw that seeing as EAW is my favourite game of all time!

I would really one one of these three:

1) A Desert War Sim with British, Italian, German, US using EAW.

2) North Sea sim, flying British strike aircraft against german ships.

3) East Front!!!

------------------
Matthew "Raptor" Renard

Posts: 893 | From: Amanzimtoti, KWA-Zulu, South Africa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-18-1999 02:59 AM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What a great bunch.Im in
Migge

Posts: 277 | From: Turku,Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 11-18-1999 08:05 AM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Schatten,

Kordell Stewart sucks! Put in Garcia! My buddy who lives in Pittsburgh calls Kordell
"BELUGA BOY"! He looks like a friggen' whale in the face. He is no NFL QB! Put him at wide receiver where he belongs (or the bench)!

Donster

[This message has been edited by Donster (edited 11-18-1999).]

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-18-1999 01:45 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Off main subject for a bit, Herr Donster you are absolutely right! Kordell was fine as Slash when he was in as a widereceiver and 3rd down QB, but he isn't a starting NFL quarterback by anyone's standards. The only QB jersey I own is Tomczak, well I have a Bradshaw one but it's ooooolld. Anyhow the reason I think Kordell is still in there is simply because the money they paid for his contract extention, they paid him a bunch, they aren't going to bench him. I just can't wait till PNC Park opens up, already on the list for season tickets.

Back to the subject, thank you Herr Tobiwan, although I still think we're crazy. But crazy in a good way. Danke Herr Migge, if we can get the planes unlocked I have a whole bunch of profiles for skins I can send to you that should keep you busy for a day or 2 at least. It's taken me almost a month to do /3/ skins and none of them are done yet. I guess I spend to much time on here.

Schattenjaeger

[This message has been edited by Schatten (edited 11-18-1999).]

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-18-1999 09:48 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mein Herren,

Herr Whizkid brought up another good question, the one relating to how to fix the Mosquito cockipit and make it an actual Mosquito cockpit. That would be another excellent thing to have IMHO, a way to make actual cockpits for the 'unflyable' planes that were added in ECA. These would be nice for the ones that are currently used but if I recall from the list there will be Japanese and Russian planes in 1.5 or 1.6; to have realistic cockpits for these planes would be very nice and almost essential. Also I believe there was talk of French and Italian planes being added, I know they were asked for but I don't remember if Herr Gunst said anything for certain on them.

I suppose these would come under the 3D plane files, but am unsure if they could be implemented only with fully changable plane models or if a different set of files would be needed that would cover only the cockpits. I think I remember reading that the guage placement was hardcoded, so it would rquire some sort of modification to that code. Does anyone know anything about this?

Schattenjaeger

[This message has been edited by Schatten (edited 11-18-1999).]

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-18-1999 11:23 PM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herren

How is ze Wish-list/Approach to MP/ programmer trustee thing going to be structured?- Do we have a timeframe for the exercise?- Herr Butcherbird 13- Tell us what ist on deiner mind?

E.R.

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-18-1999 11:46 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mein Herren,

As far as how it should be structured we need to get all the input we can on what is the most desired things to have from everyone. Then need to figure out who should be the ones to put the petition together and then see how much support there is for it.

As far as timeframe goes, the sooner we can get the ideas formulated and the people who will be working on it committed and lined up with the input the better in my opinion. But then again I was never really the patient sort.

Also I just set up an ICQ account so that if anyone needs/wants to get hold of me they can. The number is 55653546, it isn't my main ICQ but I've been pestered to set up a dedicated EAW account for getting online games set up and thought I'd share it with you. My EAW answering machine if you will.

Schattenjaeger

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-18-1999 11:56 PM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Schatten

Zorry für meiner third vorld ignorance- Waß ist der ICQ- I only have ze (lack of) IQ-

Danke

E.R

Ps. Herr Schatten- would like to correspond mit e-mail- do you have ze "safe" address somvhere zhat you would not mind "advertising" on ze forum?

Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-19-1999 12:19 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Rommel, ICQ is sort of like an Internet Relay Chat system where you can send messages to people in real time. Sort of like instant email. The site is www.icq.com/ it's a very useful little Windows application. Also ja I have ein 'safe' email: [email protected] feel free to write.

Schattenjaeger

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.