Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Skins Questions

Author Topic: Skins Questions
matttm
Member # 662

posted 11-16-1999 10:10 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Basic Skins Questions.

On some sites there are skins for aircraft such as the BF109F which does not exist in the base game.

My question. If you use this skin, is the aircraft appearance in game correct? There was a big difference forward of the cockpit between the F and E series.

I assume you will also need something like ECA to fudge the correct flight characteristics for the particular aircraft.

And one more thing, isn't FLanker spelt with a 'W'?

Matt.

[This message has been edited by matttm (edited 11-16-1999).]

[This message has been edited by matttm (edited 11-16-1999).]

Posts: 692 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 11-16-1999 10:39 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt, the skins go directly over the 3D model of the plane so there isn't an actual direct change in the dimensions of the plane. The 3D models are still locked up tight so there's no way to make an underlying 'F' at the moment. If I'm thinking of the same 'F' skins that you are then they are used over the 'G' model not the Emil.

Ja, the ECA 1.4 Control Panel has the proper weapons loadout and flight model for the F4. Which is a tossup with the Emil for me as my favorite fighter on fighter plane to fly.

And I think you're right. I think FLanker does have a W in there someplace. Could just be the Germglish usage though...

Schattenjaeger

"Der Horrido...Der Horrido..."

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-16-1999 11:45 PM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In pensive mood

Flanker mit ein W- Wlanker, Wlanker??-- AHAHAHAHAHA- Schultzie- phone the Japanese embassy- I haf ze joke für zhem- What you call ze Lussian Flammenjeagel pilot- A WLANKEL !!!

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Capitan Manduca
Member # 918

posted 11-17-1999 12:53 AM     Profile for Capitan Manduca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
to simulate a F model you must edit G model skin and remove those horrible bulges for the 13mm machineguns.

By the way, I have noticed that the Me109G skin is buggy... Just look at the nose, you could see that the upper side of the machine guns don't match with the fuselage side, so it seems your Gustav has 4 machine guns.

Posts: 888 | From: Madrid, España | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-17-1999 07:38 AM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
And G has Far too big cockpit section,
K model looks more like the real thing.
Both have too narrow aft fuselage.
Whoever did 3d models of these planes should
go back to recources(Jane's etc)
Migge

Posts: 277 | From: Turku,Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Pierre
unregistered

posted 11-17-1999 09:00 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Do you like this Bf-109 F?

Look at http://www.fox2.ch/ (download->fichiers->EAW)

IP: Logged
Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-17-1999 09:34 AM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Right on!
Migge

Posts: 277 | From: Turku,Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 11-17-1999 01:08 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Pierre,

Nice Job! Great Site!

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-17-1999 10:08 PM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Pierre

Zhat ist ze von zhat ze Tommy Flieger managed to chrash at Duxford in 1997 nicht wahr ?!

Beautiful skin!

Danke

E.R

[This message has been edited by Edwin Rommel (edited 11-17-1999).]

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tannethal
Member # 666

posted 11-18-1999 02:03 AM     Profile for Tannethal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Personell Aircraft of Hans Joachim Marseilles
your best pilot in Africa. Oh FM how could you forget that?

The one that chrashed in Duxford was a black 6 I think (captured by British soilders in 1942).

Posts: 537 | From: Olbernhau Germany | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-18-1999 02:18 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ach !
Of course- how ist Hans-? Haven't seen him for a while?- Trust a Tommy to chrash ze last flyink Messerschmitt 109- tried to "turn und burn" in an enegy flugzeug ( DER Opa ).

Zorry Herr Tann- Ze last time I saw Hans's aircraft zhere was a dust storm, und I did not take notice of ze number !

Danke

E.R.

Capitan Manduca
Member # 918

posted 11-18-1999 02:19 AM     Profile for Capitan Manduca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Pierre, don't you have a biggest pic of that Yellow-14? I'd like to see it in more detail.
Posts: 888 | From: Madrid, España | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Pierre
unregistered

posted 11-18-1999 02:16 PM       Edit/Delete Post
No, senor Capitan, I have no bigger picture of this F4-trop (...without tropical filter)
but you can download it on: http://www.fox2.ch/

IP: Logged
matttm
Member # 662

posted 11-18-1999 04:31 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Pierre,

Nice site and nice skins!

I tried to download the Bf109G-1 but it states after downloading that the file is not a valid archive (zip). I am using WinZip 7.0.

Also, will you be doing a BF109F-4 for JG2 or JG26?

Matt.

Posts: 692 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-18-1999 10:34 PM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Has same downloading problem??

E.R.

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.