Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Terrain Modelling

Author Topic: Terrain Modelling
Whizkid
Member # 993

posted 11-15-1999 03:34 PM     Profile for Whizkid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Having seen the pictures of Jayterr and terfix I was desperate to D/L and install. I hit up the site and hit Download. It immediately showed the D/L screen with all the progress window filled and D/L complete showing. I opened Winzip and tried to extract but it came back with " not a valid archive" showing. Wassappening? HELP,HELP!!!

------------------

Posts: 269 | From: CitrusHts,Ca.,USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-15-1999 03:44 PM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hmmm.seem that download did not complete properly.There's been some problems lately on
xoom.I succes that you get Gozilla or Getright these two utilities can manage broken dowloads easily.If you are in hurry
E mail me and i will look if i can deliver
them to you via mail.
E-mail [email protected]
Migge

Posts: 277 | From: Turku,Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Whizkid
Member # 993

posted 11-15-1999 04:05 PM     Profile for Whizkid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks so much for your prompt reply, Migge. Believe it or not after 3 days of trying it is finally working! Whats with these computers anyway? Im downloading as I speak(sic) and I cant wait to see the results. Maybe I can even buzz my old district in North London!Im new to EAW and the forum and died laughing at the ongoing saga of the fight against the Flankers! You are one bunch of funny guys. Thanks again and check 6
Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-15-1999 07:53 PM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hope it works this time.
Welcome

Migge

Posts: 277 | From: Turku,Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
KMHPaladin
Member # 240

posted 11-15-1999 09:06 PM     Profile for KMHPaladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Absolutely, Whiz! Post away, you're already part of the EAW brotherhood so you must help us in our sacred battle versus the evil Flanker forum!

Don't get too freaked out by the people on the forum here - CFrancisco, Twitch, Edwin Rommel, Germann Herring, anyone speaking Germglish - are all perfectly sane, though they may not seem it. They're never truly serious, so don't take 'em too seriously .

Have a good one, good luck in EAW (I would highly recommend Charles Gunst's Enemy Coast Ahead and ECA Panel 1.4; look for ECA Panel v 1.5 coming out soon) and I hope to see you on the Zone sometime soon.

Posts: 794 | From: RPI - Troy, NY; originally from South Jersey | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-15-1999 10:30 PM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Paladin

Report to ze parade ground in half an hour mit full kit and Ich will teach you "not serious!"- MACH SCHNELL !!!

E.R.

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Herr Flick of the Gestapo
Member # 748

posted 11-15-1999 10:44 PM     Profile for Herr Flick of the Gestapo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Flick of the Gestapo arrives! Cue Dramatisch Musik! BumBuMBUM! Danke..."

"Ja, und vat ist dis 'Sane' zat du talk about? Ach Himmel, vere ist Herr Doktor Kattenzenjammer? I am thinkingk that he has ein oppinion on zat...Actally I am thinkingk that he habe many opinions on zat. Und vat happened to Buckmaster? I habe ein espezially cruel plan for der Evil Commie Hordes und it is needingk his assiztance. Und Ja, ve know he ist tryingk to escape. That ist why we only put 10 liters of petrol in der Bf 109 he ist escapingk in, it should run out of fuel right over Schipol. Where I will be waitingk mit mein Gestapo Staff Uze Only! Mercedes to take him Ost. Oh und Whizkid, feel free to komt und help in Der Krieg to Stop Der Evil Flanker Types!"

[This message has been edited by Herr Flick of the Gestapo (edited 11-15-1999).]

Posts: 59 | From: EAW Forum Dweller | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Dr. Katzenjammer
Member # 750

posted 11-15-1999 10:51 PM     Profile for Dr. Katzenjammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mein point exactly !
Posts: 102 | From: Tranzelvania | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Buckmaster
Member # 749

posted 11-15-1999 10:58 PM     Profile for Buckmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
-shsshshshshshs----- Calling Flick, Calling Flick---- scchhhh--- This big fan thing at the front of the Aircraft has just ---- Ssshhhshhshsh---- stopped turning ----------- What do I do now for goodness sake- Shhhhhhhhsh ------ I have never flown before?---- ssshhhhhhhhh------- and especialy not in one of these turn and burn jobs---- ssshhhhh-- like this Jerry 109 I am in right now ------- scchhhhhhhhhhhh (Ain't this new radio background noise package by Migge Great !!! )
Member # 748

posted 11-15-1999 11:03 PM     Profile for Herr Flick of the Gestapo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Flick jumps. "Ach Himmel, Herr Doktor du made me soil mein lederhosen again. Du should nicht be sneakingk up on me like zat..." Herr Flick mutters under his breath and changes into his flying outfit, there much better,"Since I cannot find Herr Buckmaster of *** right now, danke for volunteeringk to komt mit me to fight der Commie <censored by the RLM Clean Living Amt> type perzons. Komt!" Herr Flick jumps into the Gestapo Staff Use Only! Mercedes and opens the other door, staring at Katzenjammer.

Will Katzenjammer get in with the slightly insane Herr Flick of the Gestapo? Will Buckmaster discover that his plane will be forced down while still in German Occupied Territory?? Will Herr Goring discover that his 'medication' recieving railway junction is now the sight of a Gestapo sponsored 'airshow' put on for the Russian spectators??? Does anyone even give a damn???? The answers to these and many more pondersome questions will be revealed next time! Same Jagd time...Different Jagd Channel since we need to get organized! Danke.

Buckmaster
Member # 749

posted 11-16-1999 12:26 AM     Profile for Buckmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Banging on the thing in the cockpit that he thinks is the radio

shhhhshhsh---- Flick, are you there ?, Flickkkkkk -------- help me damn you !---------- ssshshshhhhhh

Member # 748

posted 11-16-1999 12:40 AM     Profile for Herr Flick of the Gestapo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A faint voice over the radio...

http://www.combatsim.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000571.html

[This message has been edited by Herr Flick of the Gestapo (edited 11-16-1999).]

Whizkid
Member # 993

posted 11-16-1999 01:20 AM     Profile for Whizkid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S!--- Just wanted to say a big TA! to all of you people who welcomed me to EAW Forum. I havent figured out yet whether to be proud to be part of such an insane bunch,or to tell my wife(who is becoming increasingly suspicious of my frantically scrolling away from Donsters posts)that Im actually conducting a Government funded study of the decrease in testosterone caused by addiction to WW2Combat Sims with the emphasis on EAW.Ive recently completed a thesis which proves undeniably that Flanker Personnel(particularly pilots) were originally EAW addicts who were forced to regress due to an extremely low level of testosterone in their systems. Extremely sad,wouldnt you say? Anyway sorry to be so verbose, but I felt it my duty to inform you all. 6
Dr Mengele
unregistered

posted 11-16-1999 01:27 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Herr Whizkid- we even do new joysticks here, never mind the testosterone- that is the purpose of the little piktures- ja ?!-
Come to the klinik anytime you are ready und ve sort out your little problem quick, quick- !

We also do an interesting range of eye colour changes if you are interested !

IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.