Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » ECA ONLINE is finally available!! (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: ECA ONLINE is finally available!!
JG300x_Wurger
Member # 553

posted 11-08-1999 07:19 PM     Profile for JG300x_Wurger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Welcome!
Charles Gunst and myself, Hakan Langebro, have finally completed ECA ONLINE with brand new flight models. All the flight characteristics changes are explained in detail on our website:
http://www.geocities.com/weurger/main.htm

Follow the instructions on the website and we can all fly online with this add-on.
Many thanks to my Beta testers and Charles for "letting me in".
Please enjoy and I will se you all ONLINE!!!

Hakan Langebro.....JG300x_Wurger

Posts: 42 | From: West Bloomfield, MI, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG5_Jerry
unregistered

posted 11-09-1999 01:53 AM       Edit/Delete Post
I've tried it out, and it's excellent. Congratulations to both you and Charles for this great mod!! The only thing I would've asked for is the same range of fighter aircraft as offered by ECA Panel, or at least the 190A4, 109F, SpitVb, etc. (i.e. those planes from the gap in EAW, 1941-42). Any future plans for these? We could then, when flying on-line, choose any year from '40 to '45 and have the relevant types available for some great on-line fights...
Anyway, thanks again.

IP: Logged
LLv34_Smuli
unregistered

posted 11-09-1999 03:44 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Hello,

This might be the greatest update in EAW after 1.2 patch. What I like most is that it keeps multiplay simple without hassing with ECA panel setting: all planes are in there. And Jerry, my opinion is that less planes with good FMs are better than many ones with not so good moleds.

Thank you for your hard work with those plane FMs.

LLv34 Smuli
<a href="http://www.muodos.fi/LLv34">Lentolaivue 34</a>

JG5_Jerry
unregistered

posted 11-09-1999 04:41 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Yep, okay Smuli, I'm just nit-picking . This is a fime mod, and I can't wait to try it on-line!
LLv34_BlauKreuz
Member # 381

posted 11-09-1999 05:04 AM     Profile for LLv34_BlauKreuz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Great work on the performance charts too! S!

My comp wont be operational until later this week.. cannot wait to try the FMs out

There was some talk on Russian FMs on a future ECA update. So will ECAonline FM be the base for that too? Will it be like the present ECApanel or are there some further efforts towards online use included? I guess Mr Gunst has the answers for these... ?

LLv34_BlauKreuz
CO, Lentolaivue 34
-------------------------

http:/www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Posts: 98 | From: Helsinki, Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG5_Jerry
unregistered

posted 11-09-1999 07:08 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Whoa - I've been giving all the planes a try out, and all I can say is that my 'EAW feelers' have to be retuned. This mod is going to seperate the men from the boys (whimper)...
JG300x_Wurger
Member # 553

posted 11-09-1999 10:18 AM     Profile for JG300x_Wurger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks alot guys!!!!
By the way, the FW190A is the A4 not the A8. I only put the A8 on the charts for comparison!!

Hope to see you all online with EAW ONLINE!!!

JG300x_Wurger

Posts: 42 | From: West Bloomfield, MI, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 11-09-1999 10:54 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wurger S!

From what ive seen youve done a great JOB! cant wait to try it out with the Sqd... hhhmm this might just make me start flying again..LOL .... HMMMM Tiger's in the mist or 109s in the Air..LOL

Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
fodder
Member # 636

posted 11-09-1999 11:17 AM     Profile for fodder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hakan <salute>!

Can't wait to try these out! WTG!

-Fodder

Slickster
Member # 384

posted 11-09-1999 02:17 PM     Profile for Slickster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thank you, thank you, Gentlemen. For the time, for the dedication, and for the well....heck, whatever it takes to selflessly put out something like this. If the P-51H is there, my prayers have been answered. If not, well, shoot, I'll hop into something else.

------------------
Rick "Slick" Land

Posts: 551 | From: Fayetteville, AR, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
VonBroam
Member # 39

posted 11-09-1999 04:31 PM     Profile for VonBroam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Being that I only play off line ( our latency is so bad here that the simple joy of surfing with a 56 k modem is enough to teach a Zen monk patience!!) will an upgrade to the existing ECA panel for the offline players incorporate these new flight model?? I hope so I really want to try these out with out losing the ability to fly all of the great ECA aircraft.

VonBroam out

Posts: 327 | From: Beaufort, South Carolina | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG300x_Wurger
Member # 553

posted 11-09-1999 04:42 PM     Profile for JG300x_Wurger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Greetings gentlemen!!! I am glad you like it. Needless to say, I have devoted the past couple of months (ask my girlfriend....)to this task and so far from the people that Beta tested the models and from the feedback I've got, everybody seems to be very pleased with it!! I think Charles will update coming versions of ECA (offline) with these models and whenever I find data on the rest of the aircraft in the game I will change them too. I will not change any aircraft unless I have sufficient information to base the changes upon, that would be cheating!!
Charles is working on ECA v1.5 which I believe will include some new aircraft (cant tell which ones..).
Anyway, enjoy and I'll see you all online!

Hakan (Wurger)

JG5_Volt
Member # 343

posted 11-09-1999 04:53 PM     Profile for JG5_Volt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S!

A simple thank you for giving us our planes back.

JG5 Volt

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JG5_Jerry
unregistered

posted 11-10-1999 01:48 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Wurger - I was just wondering why the 109E-4 modelled in your mod is the version fitted with a 20mm cannon firing through the spinner? I was under the impression that this model was not too common?
Capitan Manduca
Member # 918

posted 11-10-1999 03:48 AM     Profile for Capitan Manduca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I cannot get it... No file found
Posts: 888 | From: Madrid, España | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kraut
Member # 513

posted 11-10-1999 05:46 AM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Only flew one mission in career with the Luft in BOB. So far, "WOW". That 109E can sure do the verticles not to mention flat out speed.
I left everthing in the sim & then just added the ECA Online & presto. I haven't tried online yet but we'll see. I still think those newer new engine sounds are the best.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
LLv34_Snefens
Member # 72

posted 11-10-1999 06:17 AM     Profile for LLv34_Snefens   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kraut,

yes, guess ECA Online can simply be put on top of ECA 1.4 if you want to keep all the nice features of the panel and try the new FM at the same time for offline play.
ECA Online is for now basically just a bunch of .flt files and one .dat file (planes.dat that enables the non-flyable for multiplayer use)

If you want to try it online, you need to remove ECA 1.4 first though, before installing ECA Online.

But where comes the talk about the sounds from?(yes, I like the new MW's more too) They don't need to be removed for online play, and the same goes for new skins and terrain.

------------------
LLv34 Snefens
RO / Lentolaivue 34

Posts: 329 | From: Aarhus, Denmark | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kraut
Member # 513

posted 11-10-1999 11:10 AM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
LLv34, I don't mean the MW sounds but the ones' that came about a month & a half ago. There's fighter, bomber & 30mm sounds but be damned if I knew where. I'm, sure not taking away fromm MW's sounds but these new engine sounds are throatier & not as high strung in the RPM department. Somebody help me here, like where in HadEs did I get them. They were off this board. Mthinks!!!!
Big difference between radials & inlines, even with the AI.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
VonGunn
Member # 313

posted 11-10-1999 11:19 AM     Profile for VonGunn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kraut, RudyG has some sounds on his website, Im useing the radial engine from him, it is a lot better than the others IMHO, try there, that may be what your looking for. Don't ask me for the url cause I can't remember it myself.

Veil Gluck und Gute Jadg!!

Oberstrumfurher VonGunn
on temp assignment mit KG VonHess

Posts: 377 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 11-10-1999 11:19 AM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hmmm... it seems you need a link, Kraut - I got them!!

Here it is:
http://rudeerud.home.netcom.com/home.htm

Have fun!

Stan

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
cobraj
Member # 459

posted 11-10-1999 01:02 PM     Profile for cobraj   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
do you upgrade with this add on and go on the zone with others who have upgraded, or is this a seperate on-line game..a little tired and slow sometimes..hope not too dumb a question...
Posts: 2367 | From: pahked just outside of Boston | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad_B4
unregistered

posted 11-10-1999 02:28 PM       Edit/Delete Post
Cobraj,
it is a addon for Eaw 1.2. it has reworked fms and more plane types but not as many as the original ECA, which makes it easier to play online,But you must play against others
with ECAonline installed.
I have 2 versions loaded in different folders
With shortcuts on the desktop for each its easy to switch back and forth I just start a game in the version I want to play then exit
and go online
You can also add new skins and sounds to Ecaonline which will not affect the file checker.
I just downloaded and installed it last night
and found some one using it worked great 1st time
Hope this helps

Mad

JG300x_Wurger
Member # 553

posted 11-10-1999 07:27 PM     Profile for JG300x_Wurger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Greetings!
That is correct, it is an online game only, but you can use the files for your regular ECA if you want. Regarding the cannons on 109E4, I refer you to Chrales gunst who is our weapons expert. I did the flight models and Charles did the weapons. By the way, anyone knows what happened to Jay's terrain site?? I am looking for some really good terrain scenery.

JG300x_Wurger

Donster
Member # 196

posted 11-10-1999 08:29 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
JG300X_Wurger:

You can find the terrain at this site. Look under News.Migge's site.
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/4145/

Donster

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-11-1999 05:29 AM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hello.Just tested new flight models offline,
and i must say that Im very impressed I only wish
that torque factors can be modelled more realistic some day.
As for terrain on my site.
I noticed some missing Lo-res tiles on original file.there's a file called terfix.zip
on my site wich contains missing ones(and the rest just in case)Terrain is also downloadable from Airbudda's site http://users.ezwv.com/~buddha/EAW.htm

Migge

[This message has been edited by Migge (edited 11-11-1999).]

Posts: 277 | From: Turku,Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
LLv34_BlauKreuz
Member # 381

posted 11-11-1999 05:41 AM     Profile for LLv34_BlauKreuz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hmmm.. Torque

I saw some discussion on too strong torque some time earlier. For some reason this has never bothered me. I dont know if it differs much between different planes (I mostly fly 109s) but I just usually keep a very slight pressure towards right on my stick. Sometimes I have joined a non-real game at Zone and then the plane feels very strange without any torque at all... like it was under water or something... not flying at all.

Might there be some other, computer based or so, reasons on how the torque is experienced?

Posts: 98 | From: Helsinki, Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-11-1999 05:49 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Blaukreuz

Ja- Ich remember ze thread- think it was mine- The argument ve ended up with as a sort of concensus was if torque is modeled then maybe one needs to be able to trim ze AC as well- which cannot happen in EAW- zo no torque= a well trimmed AC??

Zorry- don't want to digress on the tread topic !

Danke

E.R.

[This message has been edited by Edwin Rommel (edited 11-11-1999).]

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-11-1999 06:01 AM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What i meant was torque effect for takeoffs and landings.Bit like it is modelled in Warbirds.Otherwise all seems to be fine
Migge

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-11-1999 06:20 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Migge

Exactly- torque during take-off und sudden acceleration in flight is fine- but once in level flight- no- it's quite a pain if you have to keep on "adjusting" to stay on the 6 of an AMI bomber just because the trim adjusting levers are not vorking (again !)

Danke Over und aus

E.R.

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-11-1999 06:34 AM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thankfully no bomber slipstream has been modelled. This would make accurate sighting
a very frustrating(albeit real).It's enough when your guns
suddenly jam and plane twist side from side

Migge. User of the Kurt Tank products

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 11-11-1999 06:47 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Migge

Zhat is food for though- never thought about ze slip stream- but read about it quite often!- Maybe leave ze torque on to simulate zhis- but it would not "feel" right??

Ach- maybe invent a time-machine und go back and do the "real" thing!

E.R.

Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-11-1999 07:26 AM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hmm..if so, most of us would go back to flight training
If you are really intrested of performance of
German planes, i recommed following book,
Wings of the Luftwaffe by Capt Eric Brown(Airlife Publishing ltd) Eric"Winkle"Brown has test flown most of planes in LW inventory.
Migge

------------------

[This message has been edited by Migge (edited 11-11-1999).]

Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 11-11-1999 08:21 AM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Had a closer look at the Ecaonline-files, and there is no Sp14.flt...

Is there no flight-model for the Spit XIV ? Or is it the same as the Spit IX ? Not that I only fly the XIV - fly no Spits anymore - but this really confuses me...

Questions, questions...

Stan

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Germann Herring
Member # 787

posted 11-11-1999 08:57 AM     Profile for Germann Herring   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Guten tag Herr Wurger!

Thank you for the excellent work!

I currently have three versions of EAW on my hard drive:

V1.2 w/eca1.4 and all the patches, upgrades, skins, sounds, bells and whistles I can lay my hands on for offline play.

V1.2 set up for "regular" flight on the Zone.

And now, V1.2 w/ECAOnline, along with sound files, and a modified gunsight.

At this moment I am downloading the modified CFS terrain files from Herr Migge's URL. This is what brings up my question which, correct me if wrong, I do not believe has been addressed regarding play in ECAOnline.

=============================================
Can the CFS terrain files be loaded, or any other terrain files for that matter, without conflicting with ECAOnline?
=============================================

(P.S.; My hat is off in salute to you, Mr. Gunst, Mr. Langebro, and all the others who have the knowhow and have donated their time and efforts to make a great game SUPERB!!

Please, for those of us who are intellectually challenged when it comes to this stuff, keep up the GREAT work.

Thank you.

Mike Sherman

------------------
"A mind is like a parachute. It only functions when it is open." Sir Lewis Dewar

Posts: 36 | From: Harrison, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
zombie
unregistered

posted 11-11-1999 10:03 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Do you all have three versions installed on the HD, that takes up a lot of space no, almost 1G> Is there an easier way. I am confused as to what add-ons I should put on my EAW. Can someone please explain the procedure, say EAW patch 1.2, then ECA 1.4, then, ECA online, then Meatwater. ahhh, I am lost, please help.

I used to have EAW 1.2 with ECA 1.4 and Meatwater sounds. What should I do now as I have partition my HD and have installed a fresh EAW w/ patch 1.2

Thanks.

JG300x_Wurger
Member # 553

posted 11-11-1999 10:35 AM     Profile for JG300x_Wurger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Bummer........the Spit XIV is supposed to be in there...darn.... Well I guess we have to do a nother release in the near future...sorry bout that..
Regarding torque; there are 3 torque values that can be modified but I havent been able to save them after editing....I sent an email to Jeroen and asked him about the same thing. We will se what he can do. About terrains, I just downloaded the new terreain and it looks great. It should not impact the compatibility though, but I havent checked that yet. I would be glad if someone reported that to me!!

Hakan (Wurger)

Germann Herring
Member # 787

posted 11-11-1999 11:25 AM     Profile for Germann Herring   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Wurger,

The new CFS terrain checks out fine in ECAONLINE. Looks Wunderbar!!!! Thanks again for all the work you have done.

Posts: 36 | From: Harrison, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
colome
Member # 503

posted 11-11-1999 11:28 AM     Profile for colome   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wurger, I would like to have the FW A8 model if there is a way to do so, because I love the accuracy of the instrument panels on EAW; and the FW 190a panel fits with the A8/F8 series; as you know, the A4 instrument panel had the "stick an ball" indicator and not the artificial horizon, has not variometer, the places for instruments were not those, etc... and I know that there is no way to prepere a A4 panel. Still more, the bomber destroyer is ore of my favourite tasks..

There is a way to restore the A8 model? How much wrong was it from your results? Could I edit my own file for only this model maintaining your awesome work for the rest?

Man, you understand this hobby as myself: As close as possible to the reality is for that we call those programs simulations. Thank you for spend your free time doing a such best-quality effort and to partage the results with us.

Posts: 12 | From: Madrid, Spain | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Migge
Member # 135

posted 11-11-1999 11:41 AM     Profile for Migge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
colome have you by any change got a picture
of A-4's panel?Like to look at it ,and maybe
get the change to do"look alike" based on current A-8 panel.
Migge

LLv34_Snefens
Member # 72

posted 11-11-1999 02:21 PM     Profile for LLv34_Snefens   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Colome, as long as you only use it offline you can get back to your original A8 by simply deleting the p190a.flt file in your EAW folder.

The rest of the FM's will then remain.

If you are going to use ECAOnline later, be sure to put the file back in. Even if noone is gonna fly the 109A(4 or 8), EAW still check all .flt files.

------------------
LLv34 Snefens
RO / Lentolaivue 34

Posts: 329 | From: Aarhus, Denmark | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.