Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Saitek Cyborg 3D - 8 way Hat

Author Topic: Saitek Cyborg 3D - 8 way Hat
matttm
Member # 662

posted 10-29-1999 10:50 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I have a question.

The Cyborg 3D Digital has a 8 way hat.

I have the Saitek Command Centre (I have a PC Dash) and when I look at the Cyborg 3D options, there appears no way to configure all 8 ways - just the normal Up - Down - Left - Right. So how do you do it? The box clearly states 8 way hat.

I currently have a ThrustMaster WCS II (old) and FCS. They are getting old (6+ years) and the 8 way hat and twist axis on the Cyborg would be great features for EAW and Panzer Elite. There appears no way to configure hat movement to key functions in the Configuration options. Must the hat be running in Analog mode?

Matt.
P.S. I post similar question in Joysticks but posted here for the EAW how-to.

Posts: 692 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 10-30-1999 06:37 AM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Configure the hat in EAW (Configure Game/Control/Advanced/Views) and you'll be alright

Stan

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
matttm
Member # 662

posted 10-30-1999 06:37 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Stan,

I have seen the option but it is greyed and not selectable. I assume it is because I have the stick (FCS) set as 3 axis 2 button in digital mode, therefore no hat.

If the hat is in analogue, can I set the POV and all 8 ways?

I do not want to spend the money out to find I cannot use the 8 way hat on the Cyborg.

Matt.

Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 10-31-1999 02:33 AM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phew, that's a tough one for me, I don't use a Saitek stick...

Stan

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
matttm
Member # 662

posted 10-31-1999 04:13 PM     Profile for matttm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This is getting frustrating.

I installed the drivers for this stick (I do not have the stick but that should not matter) and all looks ok.

Run the Saitek Web centre and there is not way to configure the hat as 8 way.

So, what are we left with? An 8 way hat that you can only configure 4 ways???

Matt.

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.