Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Photo ,Foto,or video capture HELP!

Author Topic: Photo ,Foto,or video capture HELP!
ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 10-30-1999 11:11 AM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
well I got paid so gotta get some toys!

What would be good for the editing of photos from a book ,being able to combine them with EAW "fotos" or movie still fron Video capture SEAMLESSLY!!!
Quality is most important!!!

IS photo shop 5.5 the answer??

Would quality depend on the scanner that I use if so what have you found that works and would be able to do above???

to clarify I want to be able to take a screen shot of EAW insert a REAL part of a picture in it OR from a book .
Also to be able to do various combination ,
take a real picture insert a screen shot from EAW and make it seamless!

you get the idea
THANKS

Posts: 292 | From: Holland Western Front | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MajorLee
Member # 386

posted 10-30-1999 12:27 PM     Profile for MajorLee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I use an AverMedia 98 video capture card. ( el cheapo ) It takes video and saves it as an .avi file. I convert that to .rm ( realplayer format; conversion software available free ) for use on websites. I think the Voodoo3-3500 will capture files as mpeg's. MPEG is a superior format to .rm. I use Ulead PhotoImpact 4.2 for image manipulation. This program has all the right tools, and was only $50 at BestBuy ( or Ulead.com ). The scanner I have is another inexpensive item, Artec AS6E. Another useful program I like, although limited in use, is NetStudio 2000. The most important thing about graphics programs is that you must take the time to RTFM. ( Read The Fricking Manual ) There a lot of terms and tools with which you will not be familiar, if all you have used is "Greeting Card" this or "Calendar" that. Quality? That depends on your learning curve and patience. This note represents only my experience and opinion. I am sure there are many other devices and programs that will work as well, or better. This is simply what I have and know. Major Lee
Posts: 1374 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 10-30-1999 01:27 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
RTFM

like that one!

Major Lee stated the kind if info Im looking for .
please feel free to post ANY exp you have!

ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 10-30-1999 01:47 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ALSO Major Lee left a link to his web site which is great because I can then see the results of what he has listed so by all means link your web site if you have one or the results of your work such as PAMALA ANDERSON standing next to a EAW STUKA !

{betcha that will drive Cfran nuts trying to do it }

MajorLee
Member # 386

posted 10-30-1999 02:54 PM     Profile for MajorLee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Do you mean like this? This took just a few minutes to make.

Posts: 1374 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ButcherBird13
Member # 270

posted 10-30-1999 03:02 PM     Profile for ButcherBird13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
LOL! YES EXACTLY my friend !!!
LOL!

You GOTTA know Im printing this out with your recomendations!

give YOURSELF that 4 bar medal!!!
you deseve it!

Best laugh I had all-day which is good as im not feeling well
nothing serious just "a little off"

LOL
S! &
THANKS

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.