Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » What use is a good a/c when the pilot is a wussie......

Author Topic: What use is a good a/c when the pilot is a wussie......
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 10-23-1999 08:06 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Think that says it all. I just started a new campaign, with the Me410 B2/U4, as Stabsfeldwebel Walter Scheisskopf, 1944.

First mission we had was to bomb some of the US Sherman tanks which just landed on Normandy beach. As I got there, a huge formation of P51B awaited us, tanks nowhere in sight. I sticked to the goal of the mission and tried to evade them, even as the others in the flight dropped their 100 kilo bombs to fight the yankees. My wingman was shot down, so I went there alone, finally spotted the tanks, and 3 destroyers and some transports near the beach. Armed the bombs, dropped them at the Shermans but all I hit was the fields near them. Okay, then have a go with the cannons. Managed to hit 3 of the tanks, and then I thought I might try the ships. Aimed at one transport, sunk it - and then turned sharp to go inland again - sharp? I went right into the sea...

Sometimes I think I should stick to chess...

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
VonBroam
Member # 39

posted 10-23-1999 08:20 PM     Profile for VonBroam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Stanley99,,

How long have you been playing??? i have had EAW for nearly a year, and only 3 campaign pilots have been killed as a result of enemy action. The rest lost any idea which end was up an made big holes in the ground. Do not get discouraged, ground attack missions are historicaly more difficult. Chess?? is that anything like a RTS game??? (Just kidding

VonBroam out

Posts: 327 | From: Beaufort, South Carolina | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 10-23-1999 08:36 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
VonBroam,

I got this game since it was for sale here, and it's still my favourite, I just love it!

And I surely won't get discouraged

The loss of my plane and getting killed was my own mistake, too slow, too low, and too much rudder... Maybe I shouldn't play at 3 a.m in the morning.....

Stan

VonBroam
Member # 39

posted 10-24-1999 03:26 PM     Profile for VonBroam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post

Stanley99,

There is nothing wrong with playing at 3 AM, Ya just have to hook up an intraveneus caffiene device and ya can play all night. It does seem to effect game perfomance somewhat, being that you can not hold the joystick steady enough to get those kills
I cut back on my caffiene intake about a month ago (Hurricane Floyd cut me off from a good supply of strong coffee) those late night gaming sessions end at about 12 midnight now, instead of 2-3 AM. Now here is a question for the group. How many of you have had an EAW realted dream???

VonBroam out

Posts: 327 | From: Beaufort, South Carolina | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
KMHPaladin
Member # 240

posted 10-24-1999 09:20 PM     Profile for KMHPaladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey VonBroam, that sounds like something you should move on over to the "you've been playing EAW too much" thread .

------------------
-KMHPaladin
- "The duty of the fighter pilot is to patrol his
area of the sky, and shoot down any enemy
fighters in that area. Anything else is rubbish."
Baron Manfred von Richthofen, 1917
- [email protected]

Posts: 794 | From: RPI - Troy, NY; originally from South Jersey | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kurt Plummer
Member # 358

posted 10-25-1999 01:02 AM     Profile for Kurt Plummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey Stanley,

Don't Worry, I actually find the tanks to have better Ack Ack effect than the destroyers!

Get the ECA panel and change your fighter guns to a little heavier smack.

You can also change your rank so you can effect section loads get the rockets. PBlitz makes a big difference, indeed, wingies finally seem to shoot better than I do!

Must be that caffeine jitters thing...;-)

Kurt Plummer

P.S. Have a care, in the 190 at least the external tanks aren't always recognized with the rocket loads and you're flying around with a nasty vulnerability you -cannot- jettison.

Shultzie
unregistered

posted 10-25-1999 01:51 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Herr Walter Scheißkopf

Ze Feldmarshall, although not even holding a pilot's licence, has managed 200 + kills in a Me 410 at max settings- he will offer training lessons as soon as he has settleled in Vienna.

He says that your choice of names ist "appropriate" - Und also "Danke" for ze help on ze B17 forum !- Is it you that told your buddies to come und attack us?

Shultzie
Batman and driver : E. Rommel

IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 10-25-1999 08:45 AM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well it wasn't so much coffee I drank, I am one of those "Red Bull" junkies (that's an energy drink), but too much of them make you dizzy...

Actually I use the ECA Panel, flying the B2/U4 variant now (a 50mm cannon, wow, nice toy!). But I must have got some hits by the destroyers - sure it must have been them and not my awful performance !

When I start a career I always do with the lowest rank, makes it more interesting for me - and, I have to admit, it gives me more freedom - when I leave the formation to do my own hunting it's only the wingman who follows me, and the others do what they are told. As like in that mission mentioned above, all the others were in a quarrel with those P51's and I made it to the tanks on my own, getting the mission goal. Or, when flying for the British - as I did with the Spitfire IX - I went for train-hunting... I know this will get me to the firing-squad soon, as I don't do what I am ordered to - maybe WW I flying with a Spad 7 (Red Baron) on a single fighter sweep is more my style?

Shultzie, tell ze Feldmarshall he shall hurry up wit ze settling down in Vienna - need zis lessons soon, because I plan to defect in Dezember, ja! We will loose ze war anyway, and mein Staffelkommandant wants to zend me to ze Ostfront cleaning Stukas! No, no, not wit me, I rather settle down in New Zealand!

And about me telling to attack you - "No, no, it wasn't me, I know nothing about it, I only did my duty, and it was my horse who was in ze SA and not me, and blabla, whine, whine.....!!!!!"

Rats, it's not easy to type Germglish when german is your language....

Stan

OKL Listening Post
unregistered

posted 10-26-1999 03:11 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Herr Stanley99

Shultzie is off ze air at zhis time- Ve vill relay ze message to him at http://www.combatsim.com/ubb/Forum23/HTML/000049.html

Danke

IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.