Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » booted to the desktop

Author Topic: booted to the desktop
bucky-s
unregistered

posted 10-18-1999 02:39 AM       Edit/Delete Post
I'm running EAW with Direct X 6.1.

Ever since I switched to a Logitech Wingman Force a week ago, EAW kicks me out onto the desktop at the start of each mission. All I have to do to get back in is to hit the tab reading "European Air War" on the menu bar, but still, it's kind of disconcerting. Things got a lot better after I dumped my old Thrustmaster Attack Throttle software, but I still get game crashes more often than I'd like. Also, the game is occasionally unable to read the button commands on the joystick, even though the X and Y axes still function. Anyone know what's up wif' 'dis? I'd really appreciate your help.

IP: Logged
LLv34_Snefens
Member # 72

posted 10-18-1999 08:30 AM     Profile for LLv34_Snefens   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What version of the Wingman profiler are you using?

I would have normally given you the advice to download their 3.20 version, which should have some fixes for EAW. But checking their site they have just released a new 3.30.

Says it mostly upgrades settings for the new Force Mouse (can this be right, lol), but I am sure it has the settings for EAW still.
http://www.wingmanteam.com/

------------------
LLv34 Snefens
RO / Lentolaivue 34

Posts: 329 | From: Aarhus, Denmark | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
bucky-s
unregistered

posted 10-18-1999 09:15 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Snefens,

Thanks for the tip and the great link.

I have been running Profiler 3.25.384, and have just downloaded 3.30 from the WingMan Team site.

I'll let you know if I still have problems with EAW after running it.

IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.