Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Paint a B26, win a book!

Author Topic: Paint a B26, win a book!
Fifi Maraudiere
Member # 23

posted 10-15-1999 05:05 AM     Profile for Fifi Maraudiere   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
'ello all you doués artistes out there 'oo is so good with the picpac. Fifi is desespére to 'ave an EAW B26 painted the following way and cannot do it 'erself (she might chip a fingernail!)

SO for any of you 'oo post a Fifi B26 to the combatsim site, Fifi will send you a mint copy of this book

To qualify the B26 must be the CAF 'Carolyn' version as seen below

http://www.harmonize.com/swdroundup/B26c.htm

and must 'ave the famous Bridgitte nose art:
http://members.xoom.com/heinkill/b1/sld007.htm

Any one of these will be fine - take your pick!

Fifi will be forever in your debt, and you will 'ave the world's best Battle of Britain book...

Oh yes, just the thought of being able to fly my very own B26 into the blue!! (pop pop pop)

...oh, I think one of my buttons 'as stuck to your canvas...mai non! Fifi does not do that sort of modelling! For that you need my Bridgitte...

Fifi Fan
unregistered

posted 10-15-1999 07:34 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Dear Fifi

Where is the Fifi's Friday Fou Fou?

Fan club

IP: Logged
Fifi Maraudiere
Member # 23

posted 10-15-1999 08:29 AM     Profile for Fifi Maraudiere   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mon dieu, Fifi was almost forgetting 'er fou for this week. So much is the excitement of two days free to fly and fight!

Fifi was 'appy to find this strange little page of cartoons in 'er travels this week...and can recommend the site itself most 'ole 'eartedly.

http://canopus.lpi.msk.su/~watson/

Bon chance garcons!!

xxx
Fifi

'oo was told the following true story the other day and did not laugh.

A pilot was flying some non-english speaking business men on a private plane when one of them indicated that he needed to pee. The pilot explaned that the bathroom was behind the curtain and where there was a funnel to pee into. When done, one should pull
the handle to flush.

A few minutes later the same fellow was back up front with his pants down around his knees, his tie blown over his shoulder, and a white stripe going up the front of his body. And in his hand was ... the fire
extinquisher.

Bridgitte Grandseins
Member # 567

posted 10-15-1999 08:36 AM     Profile for Bridgitte Grandseins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Oh Fifi, I cannot 'ope to match your talent for the fou fou, so I just give the boys a little something to think about, next time they wonder what they are fighting for...

Just think about ze girls, back home, battling through their lonely nights without you, mes courageux garçons

Ayez un bon week-end!!

------------------
x x x
Bridgitte
http://members.xoom.com/heinkill/b1/index.htm

[This message has been edited by Bridgitte Grandseins (edited 10-15-1999).]

Bridgitte Fan
unregistered

posted 10-15-1999 09:02 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Bridgitte,

I volunteer to care for your pussy...

A. Admirer

KrashnBurn
Member # 21

posted 10-15-1999 02:25 PM     Profile for KrashnBurn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My kid just told me this - How do you know an elephant was in your fridge?

Footprints in the butter.

(I laughed)

Krash

Pierre Alfaro
unregistered

posted 10-16-1999 07:43 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Ma chère Fifi,
I send you from occupied France the requested texture for your B-26.
I hope you'll be interested by this skin as I am interested by your.
A bientôt...

Pollux
Member # 631

posted 10-17-1999 12:12 PM     Profile for Pollux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Chère Fifi,
I hope you and Bridgitte survived the crash reported by this infamous tabloid "The Dover Star Observer".
Why not fly this brand new B-26 now?

Posts: 2 | From: Biarritz, France | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Fifi Maraudiere
Member # 23

posted 10-18-1999 06:52 AM     Profile for Fifi Maraudiere   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Messrs Snodgrass, Hump and Bubble
Attorneys at Law

Dear Mr Pollux. We regret to confirm that Ms Fifi Maraudiere and her erstwhile comrade in arms, Bridgitte Grandseins, died in the crash as reported in the press.

It is not my place to speculate but I cannot help suspect there is no coincidence that the crash occured shortly after my client received news of the death of Hein Kill, with whom she has had a love/hate relationship of long standing. I am not suggesting the crash was deliberate, but rather that my client may have been preoccupied with her grief and not fit for flying duties. This is something the authorities will no doubt explore.

I am authorised however, as the executor of the Fifi Maraudiere Estate, to advise you that her last will and testament states clearly that the book she offered to anyone able to paint her a Fifi B26 will be delivered to the first person to upload the files to the combatsim.com EAW site. It was her wish that all would be able to share the beauty of the Bridgitte nose art and I hope you agree that it would a fitting tribute to both their memories.

As soon as the artwork is uploaded and available, you will be asked to provide a suitable real world address for mailing you your copy of the Battle of Britain.

Yours,

Nigel Fotherington-Snodgrass QC

Fifi Maraudiere
Member # 23

posted 10-18-1999 07:04 AM     Profile for Fifi Maraudiere   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Messrs Snodgrass, Hump and Bubble
Attorneys at Law

Mr Pollux,

We have since visited your website and downloaded the paint files. Although not fulfilling Fifi's will to the letter of the law, we believe that you more than qualify for the book. Our compliments on your artwork.

May we assume it is appropriate to send a mail to [email protected] requesting you to provide a real world mailing address for your prize?

Yours,

Nigel Fotherington-Snodgrass QC

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 10-18-1999 07:11 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Himmler, Hess und Heidenrich,
Attorneys at martial law und kangaroo courts.

To:Messrs Snodgrass, Hump and Bubble
Attorneys at Law

Herren

At ze instruction of unser client, we would like to institute ze court order in favour of our client Edwin Rommel for the seizure of all effects of ze late Fifi Mauraudiere. These aforementioned effects ist crucial evidence in an ongoing case against one Hein Kill, alledgedly diseased.

An unarmed Ju87 will collect the effects from Biggin Hill at 06H00 sharp tommorow.

By order

Heinrich
Himmler, Hess und Heidenrich,
Attorneys at martial law und kangaroo courts.

Note: Non-Compliance would institute a swift invasion by our Glorious Wehrmacht- Be warned.

[This message has been edited by Edwin Rommel (edited 10-18-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Edwin Rommel (edited 10-18-1999).]

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.