Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Combatsim.com EAW Forum Regs take on ZONE

Author Topic: Combatsim.com EAW Forum Regs take on ZONE
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 10-07-1999 06:37 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
HELL !! i knew one day it would happen and it happend last night!! the vaunted regulars of combatsim's EAW forum met in Room 51 lastnight and much virtual schnapps and American cigarettes and cigars where passed around. I S! all my fellow knights of the air for jobs well done.. I escpecially witnessed a most devasting kill by Hunedog against a fellow Sqd mate VonGunn of JG52 (heheh i was flying for the allies this mission) 4 20mms from his temp slammed into Gunn's tail section and a fireball was all that i saw of my mates crate!! it was a classic 6 oclock kill (HAHA i even have gun cam footage of the kill) even KRAUT was on though he couldnt stay because he had ECA panel installed it was a glorious night with Stefan(ares_rising),VonGunn,Hunedog,Shunka,SDaly,Von_M,and Myself all flying together or against.. great fliegers one and all..But the bad side was as usual the tempermental zone we lost connection with Stefan first then we all dropped connections like the 10 little indians all in a row. Sorry HUNE lost connection on the last one.

S! mein kamarades ... till next time we meet PROST!!!

Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Aries_Rising
Member # 525

posted 10-07-1999 07:40 AM     Profile for Aries_Rising   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ah, indeed. Great it was! Cfrans 20mils left some big holes in my 190 after which my 190 left a big hole in the ground ...hehehe.

The zone is tempramental alright. First I'm merrily flying along, however only seeing 3 of the guys from my squadron and the rest apparently spread all over the channel and then I lost controls. Soon afters this my 190 was mysteriously beamed away way little green men. One day I will find and destroy that alien lag ship...

Posts: 6 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
von_M
Member # 181

posted 10-07-1999 07:53 AM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ahhhh, yes, CFran's 20mm left big holes in your plane and your plane then left a big hole in the ground, well my plane didn't need assistance from 20mm's to leave big holes in the ground
HAHAHAHAHAHA, hmmm, thats more sad than funny......

von Manstein

[This message has been edited by von_M (edited 10-07-1999).]

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 10-07-1999 08:58 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Von_M

what did happen with your Emil anyway? ...

von_M
Member # 181

posted 10-07-1999 09:35 AM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Funny thing, my plane went vertical and started losing speed, I tried to level out but once the speed dropped below 120 I no longer had any control, so I kept losing speed. Then when my speed dropped to 0, I started to do a tail slide spin, or a spin, tail first. I should have taken a screen shot to further prove my obvious lack of skill. I going to take a break from TOAW(the operational art of war) and hone my flying skills offline.
von Manstein
P.S. That is why I prefer to play Co-op, because my lack of skill can be compensated by my team mates.
P.P.S. Prehaps I'll see you guys on the zone tonight, if they get it running again.

[This message has been edited by von_M (edited 10-07-1999).]

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kraut
Member # 513

posted 10-07-1999 10:38 AM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm still working on this @%#&^%(*&) ECA thing. If & when I get this sim for online use, I'll be back. I hate to lose my trusty A4 or K6 but we'll see. I hate DFing in an A8 or G6. Then you could call me DRONE!!!
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad_B4
unregistered

posted 10-07-1999 10:42 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Von M
You seem to have your outofammoramemb17 technique mastered to perfection

Wish I could have played longer last night but alas the baby woke up!
Does anyone know? Do you place a child safety seat forward or rear facing in a
P-51 cockpit?

Mad

IP: Logged
VonGunn
Member # 313

posted 10-07-1999 10:45 AM     Profile for VonGunn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Cfran VonHess,

JA ist vas great fleigen last night, just wish das Zone vould co-operate alittle better. Now on to zis business auf my destruction......Great Job all, und to you Herr Hunedog...I give zis HORRIDO! as du deserve it. But, let us not forget the plight auf Herr Cfran VonHess...Ich zeem to remember alot auf zmoke comink from du luftzueg. Ich vonder how zat happened....Ah yes, ze 20's und 13's auf mein 190 got to you en ze initial pass. Ich should have finished du vin Ich had Ze chance HAHAHAHA Ich only vis zat Herr Kraut had been able to stay und kampf. Maybe nextime JA!

S! zo das Combatsim Vets Club

JG52_VonGunn

Posts: 377 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 10-07-1999 11:29 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
GUNN!!

AH!! JA!! zo du read mein article on ze hazards of ze headon pass!! hahahah ... JA! du did hit mein crate but it vas a gut crate to keep flying after taking ze hits... und i must tell du mein flightsuit vas zoaking vet from me fighting to keep her up in ze air..

Hunedog
Member # 94

posted 10-07-1999 02:01 PM     Profile for Hunedog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Must say I had an absolute riot flying with you guys, Only thing missing was a Combatsim editor named Viking. Any chance of seeing a True Combatsim Rep in our virtual skies soon? Come on down Len lets play! about 6:00 PM PST is good bet to catch the most participants.
Posts: 516 | From: Vancouver BC Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
No609_Relent
unregistered

posted 10-07-1999 02:32 PM       Edit/Delete Post
Hey guys, if you want another option consider getting Kali for $20 (one time fee) - it supports both TCP/IP and IPX and seems to have less lag overall than The Zone. There are more and more regulars visiting the WW2 server #181, so come on over (you can d/l kali for free with a 15 minute time limit to check it out ;-)

Otherwise, I'll have to come to The Zone and fly with some of you some time ;-). Also, if you want good fun with some friendly EAW online competition, check out the EAW ladder page for how to join and the ROE:
http://exo.com/~gregoryp/eaw/config.cgi

S! Relent

Slapphead
Member # 59

posted 10-07-1999 06:14 PM     Profile for Slapphead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi Relent,

I have just signed up with Kali..
Could you tell me how to connect to the WW2 server #181 ?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 1148 | From: london/uk | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
No609_Relent
unregistered

posted 10-07-1999 06:31 PM       Edit/Delete Post
Hi Slapphead,

Not sure what version of Kali you d/l'ed. Either way, when you install the client software, it should prompt you to scan your hard drive(s) for games to set up shortcuts to (within Kali). Go ahead and do this, then you can delete shortcuts to games you don't want to play at Kali after.

Once this is done - again, it's different between version 1.68, and say 1.99x - open Kali95/Kali98 and look for the "chat" server list, and scroll down to the "WW2 Sims" / 181 server. Once you're in, you're ready to start playing online! Just set up a match with another player, and you should be able to use the pre-set icon for EAW to start a game once you have some players.

Have fun, and see you at Kali!

S! Relent

Kraut
Member # 513

posted 10-07-1999 09:37 PM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Does Kali allow ECA or whatever the HadEs I have?
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
No609_Relent
unregistered

posted 10-08-1999 06:51 PM       Edit/Delete Post
Sure, you can use any add ons. It utilizes EAW 1.2's validation processing to ensure all players in a particular multiplayer game are using the same flight models, however.

So, you'll want to verify what add-ons or plane models you have (i.e. if you're using ECA Panel) BEFORE you start EAW from Kali and establish a multiplayer session/game.

S! Relent

Slapphead
Member # 59

posted 10-09-1999 01:33 PM     Profile for Slapphead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks Relent!

Signed up with Kali,all working well!

Great stuff!

S!

Slapphead (proud new member of the 609th!)

Posts: 1148 | From: london/uk | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.