Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » online multiplay

Author Topic: online multiplay
elfranko
unregistered

posted 10-07-1999 06:37 AM       Edit/Delete Post
Back again - right, I'm a Brit and I want to go online multiplay against some jolly foreigners and teach them a thing or too; also I'm celebrating because my new phone company is giving away free internet calls during the evenings and at the weekends (Something of a rarity over here.).

Anyone know where I can go to start? Or perhaps a few of us can meet at a specific time (When everyone is awake and in a reasonable time zone.) and head for a Server? Also, can I set up a spot on a server so that only a friend and I can play head-to-head?

ta

frank

IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 10-07-1999 06:56 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr ElFranko,
www.zone.com is the place to go if you want to have online fun with EAW for free for a price go to kali.

Check 6...JG52VonHess(Thumper)..Out

Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
NJG88_Scooter
Member # 477

posted 10-07-1999 10:40 AM     Profile for NJG88_Scooter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I don't know Cfran (Stukahalic)

I haven't tried EAW on the zone, but with the posts that i've read, it sounds like a real pain.

Have been running it on Kali, for about 10 months now, and have been very happy with it.
20 bucks, one time fee, and free upgrades.
IMHO, seems Kali is the way to go.

VVVrroomrrrrrr......Kaboom (or however you say that Cfran)

NJG88_Scooter

Posts: 14 | From: Himilayas | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 10-07-1999 11:32 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
yeah its the way to go ..but.. that $20 per month? thats how it works right $20 per month? .. thats my lunch for a week after the wife get the old 75% of the salary that is.. OOOOHHH the woes of married life =( ... if it wasnt for that i think i would definitely be on KALI with the rest of Y'ALL
Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
VonGunn
Member # 313

posted 10-07-1999 11:44 AM     Profile for VonGunn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
No sir, Kali has no "air time" charge. The 20 buckos are for the registration fee of the software. Its a lifetime, one time deal. You give them a 20 and they give you Kali software + all upgrades forever. Play as long or little as you want. I personally don't understand the interface all the well, witch breeds my not liking it. I have never been able to find anyone playing EAW or any other flight sim, sept F4 on there. Plenty of Quake II and Half Life Rainbow 6 ect... you know...FPS stuff...

VonGunn

Posts: 377 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
NJG88_Scooter
Member # 477

posted 10-07-1999 02:35 PM     Profile for NJG88_Scooter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
VonGunn is correct about the price Cfran.

20 bucks, and thats it.

As for never seeing any EAW on there, you gotta go to the EAW server.

#181.

Every weeknight, and especially the weekends, it's always crowded.
They also have a new version of Kali out now,
it's ver.99b. Makes the interface a little more user friendly.

Good Hunting All

NJG88_scooter

Posts: 14 | From: Himilayas | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
elfranko
unregistered

posted 10-08-1999 03:36 AM       Edit/Delete Post
$20 is okay you Americano peoples, but how does an Innglish man do this? The internet is supposed to break these barriers down - that is until money comes into play, as it were. It seems that US software people assume that US dollars are used throughout the entire Globe.
Anyhow, can any one come to a conclusion for a place to go for EAW multiplay?

LLv34_BlauKreuz
Member # 381

posted 10-08-1999 04:34 AM     Profile for LLv34_BlauKreuz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Where to go for EAW multiplay...

Exactly 2 possible ways... Zone (www.zone.com) or Kali (www.kali.com)

Zone is free and there are usually always some players. Zone is slower though and has more bugs but it is quite easy to use. It also loads several files on your computer so setting up can take some time depending on your connection.

Kali offers smoother play, but requires some learning to use and to start games and there are not that many players all the time. It can be registered for lifetime with about $20. Kali can be downloaded for free and it works 15mins at a time without reg. So you can try it out. Kali server #181 is a good place for pilots at US time zones. In European time zones #181 is quite often empty. Our squadron uses #137 on Wednesday nights (EU times). If you want to register kali, their site offers reseller adresses (in the net) for quite many countries... it is not a US thing only. I got my reg from Finland and paid it like any normal bill with local currency.

Most often I play at Zone... there are always some pilots present. Our regular squadron meetings happen at Kali.

Posts: 98 | From: Helsinki, Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Slapphead
Member # 59

posted 10-08-1999 06:04 AM     Profile for Slapphead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Elfranko,

Allright me old fruit!
It will cost you 23.50 sobs over here in the UK to join up with the Kali Connection game server.

Go to there UK web site: http://www.ukonline.co.uk/about/offers/kali.html
For info

I have just joined them myself and It seems a much better server with a load more options.
In saying that,the zone is cool to
and its free...

Also I have just joined a "virtual" squadron called the 609th.They are a great bunch of guys,from all over the world .The squadron itself is modelled on the real 609th from WW2 England.

You have to go threw 3 weeks of evaluation,then training,then wars etc.
This guys along with other squads are "Hard core"...great stuff mate!

There/our( )site is at:http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Galaxy/6846/index1.htm

Go have a butchers(butchers hook=look,rhyming slang for you foreigners )
Good luck

Maybe its because Im a londoner:0,that I love London town....:0

God save our gracious queen!:0god save our....

Sorry about that chaps,I`ve lost the plot again.....

[This message has been edited by Slapphead (edited 10-08-1999).]

Posts: 1148 | From: london/uk | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Slapphead
Member # 59

posted 10-08-1999 06:54 AM     Profile for Slapphead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Elfranko,

Whats the name of the UK company doing free evening and weekend calls ?
Whats the deal?
Any "Hiden" extras(do they slaughter you with the off peak rates,force you to take out some kind of contract for the rest of eternity,or charge high price for tecnical support,offer good connection rates ?)

My phone bills are getting a "little" out of hand

I am currently with Cable and Wirless.

elfranko
unregistered

posted 10-08-1999 11:09 AM       Edit/Delete Post
slaphead - the company is called Telnet and their internet branch is called GreatXcape. Tacky I know, but they seem to work. The first week was a bit dodgy, but now I get through easily first time at 33.6. They use the same BT line, so you keep your old number. You pay the same line rental, which they just pass on to BT, whilst they keep the phone charges (Which are charged at the same as BT.)

The catch? None as far as I can see; they've just juggled the money around. You pay the same line rental each quarter. You pay the same normal calls each month (The only real catch.) and you get free internet calls, which they charge to their advertisers, who advertise on the start page, in the same way as most of the 'free' internet people these days. They make the same money as BT but get it from different sources, so it makes no difference to them. Only to us!

Based in Manchester I believe. Take a gander at www.greatxscape.com

ta

frank

Slapphead
Member # 59

posted 10-08-1999 12:41 PM     Profile for Slapphead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cheers Frank

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.