Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Last but not least...

Author Topic: Last but not least...
Kurt Plummer
Member # 358

posted 10-06-1999 06:45 AM     Profile for Kurt Plummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Two 190 questions-

1. What's the quickest route to a Dora?
I picked the Tigers Head (Graf?) 190 unit for the Normandy campaign because it says that they moved on to the 190D in the squadron descriptor. Are there /any/ units which -start- this way? It's gonna be a long war if I'm stuck fighting the Allies literally /in/ France...

2. Because I'm playing lolo schlact at the moment, I was hoping there was a 190A camoflage which mimicked the (errrr) JG-54 scheme with sand-and-green upper sides. I know it was Russian Front only but I was 'curious'.

Thanks- Kurt Plummer

Reese
Member # 156

posted 10-06-1999 09:44 AM     Profile for Reese   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kurt, The 190 unit from JG 26 is, I believe, the first to convert to the Dora in November '44. I seem to remember that all of the units but one convert (I can't remember which one doesn't and I'm away from my notes); however, many of the converting units only have the Dora for less than a dozen missions before the end of hostilities. Good luck. See you over the Channel.
Enola Gay
Member # 359

posted 10-06-1999 09:46 AM     Profile for Enola Gay   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The quickest route to a Dora, is through a Dick

Geddit? I crack myself up.

Twitch
Member # 75

posted 10-06-1999 10:46 AM     Profile for Twitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kurt-
I often look up when an aircraft entered service and then use ECA Panel to substitute it for the current plane. At least it's realistic.

Posts: 638 | From: L.A. CA U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kurt Plummer
Member # 358

posted 10-06-1999 11:58 AM     Profile for Kurt Plummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks Sirs,

I was thinking it was 'Grun Hertz' but I know they and JG-26 tied the knot shortly thereafter so to speak.

I'll have to check and see if I can do an A->D switch with Gunst's control panel, hadn't thought of that!

Kurt Plummer

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.