Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Flickering Menu Screens. Video Card?

Author Topic: Flickering Menu Screens. Video Card?
hobbyokie
Member # 155

posted 10-04-1999 01:58 PM     Profile for hobbyokie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
All of the menu screens are flickering bad enough that is hard to read. I am using the latest version of the ATI Rage Fury. Anybody know of a solution or a patch?

------------------

Posts: 7 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
von_M
Member # 181

posted 10-04-1999 04:07 PM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You are in luck my friend! I had the same problem with my Ati All-in-Wonder 128, all you do is switch to the Lightspeed drivers (which you can find at http://www.rageunderground.com/drivers.shtml)
Then download Rage 128 Tweaker at http://www.rageunderground.com/r128tweaker.shtml and under the Direct 3d tab (in the Tweaker) take off Primary (make sure there is NO checkmark next to Primary). This should fix your problem, it fixed mine. (and it fixed playing videos in the game)
Hope it works! Reply if it works or if it doesn't. Also try posting this problem in the Rage Underground forum.

von Manstein

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
von_M
Member # 181

posted 10-04-1999 04:21 PM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
On another note, do you notice in the game that the horizion is square, that there is no fog to prevent seeing the terrain draw in?
There is a clear distinction between the sky and the land, but in screen shots this isn't so, it is a card related problem (Rage 128 doesn't support z-buffer or some other crazy thing) and this prevents it from displaying the "fog". Too bad we couldn't switch software rendering for this problem only.

von Manstein

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
hobbyokie
Member # 155

posted 10-05-1999 06:48 AM     Profile for hobbyokie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
von_M Thanks for the info. Downloaded Tweaker last night and changed according to your directions. Still have flickering menu screens. I will post to other forums also.
Falconer
Member # 449

posted 10-05-1999 08:09 AM     Profile for Falconer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Don't panic guys, salvation is nearby
You need to ENABLE VSYNC (at the D3D control panel) to get rid of the flickering etc. This will also fix the load screen.
When due to your videocard manufacturer you don't have a VSYNC option in the control panel try to find this option somewhere in the registry. I am sorry, but I don't know where to look for your brand of videocard. Am using a TNT myself...

Good luck,

Falconer

Posts: 35 | From: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
hobbyokie
Member # 155

posted 10-06-1999 07:11 AM     Profile for hobbyokie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Uninstalled and re-installed EAW. Used Tweaker for settings and by Golly! we have a running EAW. Thanks to von_M and Falconer for assistance. It is great to have those who can help giving us rookies good advice.

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.