Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 1   » Need Ju87B cockpit image

Author Topic: Need Ju87B cockpit image
Twitch
Member # 75

posted 09-21-1999 09:19 AM     Profile for Twitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey- the guys at Rowan Software are working on a BoB sim and they can't find a photo or diagram of the Ju87B. If you want to make a sime more realistic, please help.
Oh and they had a question that I said 'yes go for it" to.
"Also, we plan to include interactive cockpit controls for such things as
advanced engine controls (Mixture, Magnetos, Primer pump, fuel-cocks,
canopy, Etc.) - a bit like Microsoft Combat Flight Sim (Only better!!). I
have a list of the main engine controls but I was wondering if you had any
ideas as to what are the important things to include. For example, should
we include radiator flaps, and emergency gear lowering controls (such as
hydraulic hand pump), or is this all getting too complicated for the average
player. Any ideas???"
What do you guys say? Now is the time for input. I'll pass it on.

Posts: 638 | From: L.A. CA U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
TonyH
Member # 110

posted 09-21-1999 09:39 AM     Profile for TonyH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey Twitch,
Do you know if it will feature a campaign or iis it another multi player.

Posts: 287 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Twitch
Member # 75

posted 09-21-1999 09:41 AM     Profile for Twitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Don't know, Tony. It's really in the early stages.
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 09-21-1999 09:57 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
heheheh STUKA!!

I dont remember fully but i think the Stuka had a little window located just under the instrument panel between the pilots legs so that he could see below him to get a good view to start his dive...i dunno but will research it and get back to you on it

Posts: 4364 | From: NYC, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Yardstick
Member # 124

posted 09-21-1999 11:33 AM     Profile for Yardstick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Rowan are based in the UK why don't the go to the RAF Museum Hendon. They have a Ju87 (a tank busting version with 37mm gun pods). It not a B2 version but I doubt if there is much difference in the cockpits.

Empire their publishers are in Muswell Hill 15 minutes down the road.

[This message has been edited by Yardstick (edited 09-21-1999).]

Opa
Member # 125

posted 09-21-1999 02:09 PM     Profile for Opa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cfrans' right, the pilot had a little window located between the bomb and that large thingy hanging under the nose, so he could see properly. I have a 1/32 model here...
Had a book in the old ancient days with a picture of a Ju87-cockpit, but it's long gone, I'm afraid.

------------------
Der Opa

Posts: 710 | From: Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Nashwan
Member # 91

posted 09-21-1999 06:04 PM     Profile for Nashwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I've got a very nice diagram of a JU87B cockpit. Not quite photorealistic, but close. It goes from the top of the target view windom to the top of the cockpit and includes a key labeling almost every dial and control. I'll try to scan it in tommorow. If I manage to scan it, where do I post it?

Nashwan
Member # 91

posted 09-21-1999 06:06 PM     Profile for Nashwan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I can spell, I just can't type.
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 09-22-1999 01:34 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Twitch
-An emergency gear lowering control in ze Stuka 87B, or any other Stuka for zat matter- Ich glaube nicht ! Maybe zis is ze reason vy Herr CFrancisco keeps on ending up in der kanal, and not because of ze tommy fliegers- vas dis modification not made to his Stuka-hein? Und maybe zis is vy he is been transferred to ze panzers?- Ve cannot afford to supply him vif ze Stukas anymore since he keeps on bending zem, and it is more difficult to bend ze panzers- nein?

[This message has been edited by Edwin Rommel (edited 09-22-1999).]

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Twitch
Member # 75

posted 09-23-1999 10:47 AM     Profile for Twitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nashwan- great send it dieretly to Craig Beetson at Rowin. That should help. thanks
[email protected]

Yardstick- I told them to head down the road to the museum too, thanks!

CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 09-23-1999 11:30 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
NEIN!!.. it vas not i who bent ze precious stuka...i tried und tried.. to get my little bird home fur shultzie to fix JA... und i requested to go to ze OST front.. but zey did not have a Stuka geschwader fur me to join zo i choose ze panzer truppen JA...SHULTZ!! mein LUGER schnell!!! pack mein coffer ve are going to ze OST Front mit Rudie!!
Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 09-28-1999 05:53 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For Herr C Francisco
If you did not believe Herr Twitch und Rowan Software about ze historical accuracy of ze landing gear lowering control in ze cockpit of ze Ju87- there is proof- und I am sure zat you have already experienced ze pain of landing ze Stuka with ze gear in ze "up" postition with Herr Gunst's programme, nein? (you can HEAR ze gear going down ja?)- I maintain zat you break ze Stukas through pure ingnorance and not Tommy action, ja?
E.R.
PS. How do I post pictures, I hav taken picture of zis !!!

[This message has been edited by Edwin Rommel (edited 09-28-1999).]

Posts: 4399 | From: Dusty Oasis, Nord Afrika | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 09-28-1999 06:11 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr Rommel,

you need to place HTML IMG tags around the URL where the image is found... then you'll be able to see them... =) ...

und ze zounds of der landing gear...ACH! i thought zey vere klaus svinging his machinegewehre around...hhahahaha.. SHULTZ!!! vo ist der oil fur dein squeaky landing gear JA!

Edwin Rommel
Member # 357

posted 09-28-1999 06:18 AM     Profile for Edwin Rommel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Herr C Francisco

Zis ist ein sehr geheime picture and is only on my computer at zis stage- how do I get it to you ?

E.R.

CFrancisco
Member # 33

posted 09-28-1999 06:48 AM     Profile for CFrancisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
zend du Ofw. or eine Messenger mit der photo to mein addie JA... (heheheh email it to me yes!)

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.