my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » Forgotten Battles - what's it all about ?

Author Topic: Forgotten Battles - what's it all about ?
ziggy
Member # 9666

posted 11-20-2003 12:24 PM     Profile for ziggy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nov. 20/03 - I have installed Forgotten Battles recently and have no prior experience with flight sims since CFS2. I had my system updated to far more than the required specs for IL2FG, installed the software, installed the update 1.11 for the "out-of-the-box" version and then installed Just Flight's Operation Barbarossa.
There were a few glitches but it's all running OK at present with a couple of exceptions. The sound of engines and guns when facing directly forward is muted and nearly non-existent but have normal volume on all side views. Also, the aircraft are all nearly impossible to fly in a straight line. Maintaining a heading within 10-12 degrees of course is about the best you can accomplish. If you do find a target, you're bouncing all over the sky so hitting it is all but impossible and this is all on the very lowest difficulty settings on the system. Somebody tell me if this is normal and if not, how do I fix it ??? Roadway [email protected]

Posts: 1 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
<Buster>
unregistered

posted 11-22-2003 12:16 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd say you are normal Ziggy. My sound works the same way. The newest update seems to have made it worse. I can barely hear the 50 cal guns on the P51.
IP: Logged
<ziggy>
unregistered

posted 11-24-2003 09:42 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sorry to hear that you're having the same problem - Guess we can only hope someone comes up with a solution - In the meantime, we can either see where we're going and not hear gunfire or we can listen toi the machineguns and crash !! Thanks
IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.