my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » Red Baron II

Author Topic: Red Baron II
RangerCharlie
unregistered

posted 12-23-2000 05:13 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was shopping yesterday and in the bargain bin was Red Baron II for $9. I picked it up and thought what a great deal as I can download the updates and be set. After installing it I found out "PLEASE NOTE: This is a special value edition of Red Baron II, version 1.5. It does not contain the multiplayer functionality and does not provide an upgrade path to the Red Baron 3D version."
Anyone know of a way to get around this? The downloads won't work because of the version.

IP: Logged
dschin
Member # 6088

posted 12-25-2000 09:48 PM     Profile for dschin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same thing happened to me several months ago.
No notice on the packaging about this being a "special version"; some special. I contacted Sierra, who offered a refund if you sacrificed your first-born. As far as I'm
concerned, this is just evidence that there indeed are disreputable software companies out there who will cheat you, and Sierra/Dynamix is one of them. After all, what would it have cost them to make this version upgradeable to an acceptable play level as advertised on their website? Virtually nothing. If you do find a work-around, please let me know here; I figure they owe me one.

Posts: 287 | From: Madison WI USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.