my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » prediction: Pearl Harbor movie will...

Author Topic: prediction: Pearl Harbor movie will...
yeppers
Member # 8852

posted 12-22-2000 10:34 PM     Profile for yeppers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...breathe life into the prop sim genre, or more specifically, WW2 sims (as WW1, sim-wise, seems to have been buried)!!

I was just thinking that the release of the Pearl Harbor movie will coincide with the final WW2 sims.. but no way That movie is going to be a smash hit, and if the WW2 sim designers out there play their cards right, they can get a good ride on its coattails!

So maybe the movie will be the final big show for WW2 aerial combat, but it'll help WW2 sims live for a bit longer.. me thinks

oh, by the way, i was a japanese fighter pilot extra for the film
http://balder.prohosting.com/jerryku/pearl/pearl.htm

Posts: 10 | From: houston | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
SPOT
Member # 453

posted 12-23-2000 01:41 PM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well somebody did there research. I often wondered what the IJN airdales wore. Thanks for sharing this. FWIW the planes for the movie flew over my neighborhood every day when going from Hickam to flying over Pearl Harbor -geeeez the racket those planes make.
During rush hour you could see the pyrotechnics from the special effects in West Loch - Pearl Harbor (where the mothball fleet is anchored) while waiting in rush hour traffic.

I hope they have a neat set for closeups for Japanese carriers in the movie.

We can only hope about your prediction regarding WWII sims. I know I got em all.

WiLd CaT
Member # 8887

posted 12-25-2000 01:31 AM     Profile for WiLd CaT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really dont think WW2 prop sims ever really had a problem with loosing interest ( they are a whole lot better than most jet sim I have tried) Janes combat.net has the lowest of all thed pro games I have seen but has the highest amount of players just for that game than any of its others. Zones combat Flight sim at one time or the other can have any where from 200-300 players. But yeah i definatly think the New movie will deffinatly help with the interest.
yeppers
Member # 8852

posted 12-25-2000 02:30 PM     Profile for yeppers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, it probably hasn't gone downhill very much at all. Not like WW1 combat games. It's going to be weird seeing prop sims, or prop-like sims (ie virtually ALL space fighter games), being more popular than the latest jet fighter sims 10 years from now.

Posts: 10 | From: houston | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.