my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » Saitek + WWII Fighters

Author Topic: Saitek + WWII Fighters
Huntn
Member # 8845

posted 12-22-2000 12:03 PM     Profile for Huntn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anybody reading the bbs that has a Saitek Cyborg or X36 and plays WWII Fighters?

I'm trying to get the snap views programmed into the hat switch using SGE (Saitek's Gaming Extensions). It looks like they are programmed but they are not recognized in the game.

I talked to someone at EA who told me the POV hat was more or less hardwired into the game. You would think through Saitek's software, you'd be able to get the snap views changed.

I really dislike virtual cockpit and am hoping there is a setting I can change to fix this.
Any assistance appeciated.

Thanks and merry Xmas!

-Hunt'n

[This message has been edited by Huntn (edited 12-22-2000).]

Posts: 2 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bill Hewett
Member # 115

posted 12-22-2000 02:07 PM     Profile for Bill Hewett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have both the snap views and the panning via the two hats on my Saitek X36 analog, so it should be possible with your USB.
I'm sure Ron Hunt (resident Saitek USB guru) will stop by to more fully answer your question.

Posts: 1279 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Huntn
Member # 8845

posted 12-23-2000 01:03 PM     Profile for Huntn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Hewett:
I have both the snap views and the panning via the two hats on my Saitek X36 analog, so it should be possible with your USB.
I'm sure Ron Hunt (resident Saitek USB guru) will stop by to more fully answer your question.

Bill,
Thanks for the info!
I have both a Cyborg and X36. I'm currently working with the Cyborg and when I select the hat (using SGE), I've changed the function from POV to "action", then I've changed the each position of the hat switch to a corresponding snap view. I'm wondering if there is something else that needs to be done, inside or outside of the game.

Do you remember what you did when you set yours up?

-Hunt'n

Posts: 2 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.