my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » New sim

Author Topic: New sim
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 11-24-2000 09:53 PM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am thinking about a new prop type sim and have two that I am considering. What would be better? CFS2 or Mig Alley? Right now I play EAW but am getting bored. BOB campaign was nice but now it is just the same type of missions, over the same place, facing the same number of enemies, and getting the same amount of kills, over and over.

I have a Cel 500 with 128mb ram. What performance would I get on those 2?

Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Major Tom
Member # 1256

posted 11-25-2000 06:10 PM     Profile for Major Tom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Battle of Britain should be out soon enough. The campaign is the Battle of Britain, if that is what you are looking for.

CFS2 is spam in a can, canned missions that is. If that's your thing, go for it.

Both will work admirably on your system. Don't expect to be able to run BoB or CFS2 like MiG Alley with 1600x1200 resolution.

Don't you already have MiG Alley? The F-51 vs. Yak fights are fun, but that's the extent of the prop dogfighting action. MiG Alley really excels at mud moving though. Good campaign, somewhat falls short of F4, which falls short of Battle of Britain.

[This message has been edited by Major Tom (edited 11-25-2000).]

Posts: 1352 | From: Prescott, AZ | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 11-25-2000 07:40 PM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya I was sorta leaning toward MA.

I almost had it. I am determined to buy it THIS time . I went out twice to buy it in the last few months but came back with Falcon the first time, and DISH the second . I wish I got MA instead of DISH last time. It is OK but I only played it about 5 times.

[This message has been edited by The Whistler (edited 11-25-2000).]

Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MonsterZero
Member # 5722

posted 11-25-2000 08:20 PM     Profile for MonsterZero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mig Alley has a professionally-looking campaign system with lots of planning and lots of variables. You will need to study the manual intensely and think creatively. You will manage several squadrons with more than a hundred planes. Mig Alley is not a comic book but a tough air/ground war. CFS2 is fun to fly but strategy, planning and thinking simply doesn't exist in the Microsoft game. I strongly recommend Mig Alley.
Posts: 442 | From: Worth, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.