my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » Help !! Need Win2k patch/utility for EAW

Author Topic: Help !! Need Win2k patch/utility for EAW
Zorak
Member # 7819

posted 11-22-2000 08:43 AM     Profile for Zorak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please, can anyone tell me where to find the patch/utility for EAW that can get this game to run on windows2000 professional.

I've been to ntcompatible.com and they say it does have a patch for win2k, but nowhere can I find the download link...

Any links/advice where to go would be appreciated.

Posts: 20 | From: South Africa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
mjc
Member # 3149

posted 11-24-2000 08:30 PM     Profile for mjc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Zorak:

According to the NTcompatible web site, the W2K utility to "fool" a program into thinking it's on a Win9X box won't work with EAW. However, you can use the old Setwin95.cmd utility from NT4. It should be on the NT4 CDROM, and it used to be on the NTCompatible web site.

I have had success using this old utility to run EAW (European Air War, right )on my Thinkpad A20 running W2k.

If you have no joy, drop me an e-mail, and I'll be glad to send you copy of setwin95...

You might also do a search over in the EAW section of the forum - a very helpful group over there.

mjc

Posts: 45 | From: Lynchburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zorak
Member # 7819

posted 11-25-2000 02:21 AM     Profile for Zorak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi mjc !!!!!!!

WONDERFUL to have got a reply. MANY MANY thanks for that!

PLEASE send me the setwin95.cmd goody ASAP as I don't have the NT4 cd.I don't have your email address.

Mine is [email protected]

PLEASE include EVERY little detail as to exactly what to do with it when I get it. PLEASE be very precise and don't leave out ANY little detail.Rather give me too much info than too little ok?

I simply CANNOT mess this up, so SEND me EVERYTHING you know......

Thanks again in anticipation of flying that stunning example of a sim.

Regards
Kurt

Posts: 20 | From: South Africa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.