my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » Can you guess what sim this is from?

Author Topic: Can you guess what sim this is from?
ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 08-03-2000 11:35 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Well... what sim?

Posts: 359 | From: League City, Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
TWINHIT
Member # 1758

posted 08-03-2000 11:53 PM     Profile for TWINHIT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SDOE (can tell by the clouds)

Those who don't know what SDOE is, It is Fighter Squadron: Screamin Demons Over Europe

It is an open program that simulates the Modeler's hobby of making airplanes more than mere flying a pre-packaged set of planes.

This screen is of a P47 against a redesigned sky which BOTH were made by average individuals who are dedicated to their modeling hobby.

SDOE is terribly misunderstood by the masses, in it's value.
It is a case of NOT Better, NOT Worse, just different.

Unfortunately, the majority of sales were lost due to poor PR, misguided PR or Misunderstanding consumers.

It is a pioneering concept that will be replicated in the future on a much larger scale by some future developer who will recognize the impact such openess can bring to the enjoyment of simming.
But it will only be a contributing feature that will be one of many.

ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 08-04-2000 12:02 AM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are correct! (on some points) Actually, the screen shot is a F4f-4 Wildcat with the NEW Midway terrain in the back ground.

As you can see, Im trying to promote the growth of SDOE and get it a reconized sim by the masses, as you are correct...... it is a terribly missunderstood sim.

Posts: 359 | From: League City, Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
ral
Member # 2748

posted 08-04-2000 04:06 AM     Profile for ral   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would probably get a copy if I could get it on discount...but over here I have found one copy at full price ($35). With Battle of Britain coming out soon, I think I'll wait before plunging into the WWII scene a few months more.
Posts: 868 | From: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 08-04-2000 04:29 AM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I suggest you look on the internet. Try http://www.Compuexpert.com
Flash Gordon
Member # 5716

posted 08-04-2000 05:50 AM     Profile for Flash Gordon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Argon's right - SDOE can be got for pretty cheap. I bought EAW AND SDOE combined for less than what I paid for CFS. Got a lot more out of them too, I might add :-).

Unfortunately, due to tanked sales, I think it's fairly easy to find it in bargain bins, etc.

Posts: 353 | From: Paris, Ile de France, France | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Private Roger
Member # 763

posted 08-04-2000 06:57 AM     Profile for Private Roger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Twinhit

I might be poor, but I'm certainly not musguided!

I bought an extra copy of the game (just the CD itself) in the event that I lose, or break mine. I got it for $5.00 and that includes shipping at www.unbeatabledeals.com

I urge any WWII fan to get this and add it to your sim library. It's well worth the money and space on your hard drive.

PR

Posts: 74 | From: Dallas, Texas USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
[email protected]=-
Member # 2456

posted 08-04-2000 03:50 PM     Profile for -=Sp@nky=-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Actually if you own it already just burn a copy of it.

Thats what I did. It works fine, But i never use it unless i'm reinstalling it. Ya never need it anyway.

Posts: 100 | From: canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.