my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » Oleg Maddox signs a deal. IL-2 is coming

Author Topic: Oleg Maddox signs a deal. IL-2 is coming
plummerx
Member # 3213

posted 07-16-2000 02:49 AM     Profile for plummerx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.bluebyte.com/default.htm http://209.198.154.16/il2-e/default.asp?id="
It's looking very good folks.

Posts: 570 | From: Graham WA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
JG11Preusse
Member # 338

posted 07-16-2000 09:30 AM     Profile for JG11Preusse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and at this side it says "IL-2 will be combat-ready in Q1 2001".
didnt oleg said it will be ready in september ????
im not very happy that it now lasts this long until release.

Lt Preusse

Posts: 116 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wolverine
Member # 3469

posted 07-18-2000 08:40 PM     Profile for Wolverine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to say, these companies that make some of these sims i dont understand. They start hyping them up, people get excited, then nothing ever happens. I for one, lose interest, and have forgotten about this game entirely until i saw this post. I mean JEEZ, release it, or dont...but spare us the hype and let down for 2 years..enough is enough.
JG11Preusse
Member # 338

posted 07-21-2000 01:06 AM     Profile for JG11Preusse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i agree wolverine.
its always the same wich such companys.
dont know why they are talking about different releasedates and 1 year after the last told date its still not out.

Hals und Beinbruch
Lt Preusse

halfen
unregistered

posted 07-26-2000 11:02 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You have to stay 3 steps ahead of the techological changes today,no sense releasing a SIM that is already obsolete.
Likely they are just going for perfection.
That is what this flieger thinks anyway.

IP: Logged
plummerx
Member # 3213

posted 07-27-2000 01:43 AM     Profile for plummerx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You have to understand Oleg Maddox to understand IL-2. IL-2 is a direct extension of the man.
So why is it taking so long, and can we belive what is sai about the sim? In a word: YES.
I have been following Oleg and his progress on his baby, IL-2 for a long time.
as to the timeline:
The man makes few compromises to perfection. He insists he will not release IL-2 until it's ready, which means He and only he MUST be satisfied.
This is not a case of read a few books and look at a few pics and push out a game. Oleg and his team do extensive ongoing research including road trips to museums to examine the actual artical. Nothing is left to chance or supposition.
Oleg has to be the hardest working individual in the sim world today.
That and the scope of the game is huge at the outset. 17 flyables alone. single missions, campaigns, a full tilt mision editor and on and on. The list of this games features is several paragraphs long.
Can you believe the hype? Well for starters it isn't really hype. Oleg has had no one to hype Il-2 till 2 weeks ago. Instead he remains in constant contact with the gamers on the dogfighter.com IL-2 board and in trade shows and interviews. He gives regular development updates as well as screeshots to back up his words.
Oleg is not hasbro or electronic arts, and he's got little reason to lie. If he did, the company that carried his name would be destroyed. This is the first release for them and Oleg is not going to blow Maddox's or BlueBytes reputation on the first release.
Lastly, the both the chairman of BlueByte and Oleg and his team are aviation and flight sim enthusuiasts. It's going to be good because they really want it to be so. And their is no corperate fat cat to tell them otherwise.

Posts: 570 | From: Graham WA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
JG11Preusse
Member # 338

posted 07-28-2000 12:23 AM     Profile for JG11Preusse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
.....so that means it never will be released, because technology changes so fast that oleg will like to change the graphicenge for example and so on....
in my opinion i can live with less quality graphics if it havs exellent simulated
aerodynamics. in real life im a pilot at our airforce and in virtual life i like to fly great simulated flightsims with planes i cant fly in real life (ww2 sims for example).

i hope that oleg and his crew knows how planes like these really flew. i can remember that many programmers said that their sim ist absolutely realistic....when i tested them i could only lough. mor a simulated bus than a plane.
but maybe oleg and his team will make it...

Hals und Beinbruch
Olt Preusse

Caveman
Member # 677

posted 07-28-2000 05:19 AM     Profile for Caveman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go the the IL-2 Forum in dogfighter.com and you will begin to understand the fanatacism with which IL-2 is being conceived. No doubt, this sim should raise the bar on realism in ALL areas of flight simulation. Like you, Oleg Maddox is also a pilot and has a personal passion for flying the planes he never gets to fly (such as a WWII fighter). But, he is working closely with pilots who did, as well as adhereing close to the engineering specs of the plane.

IL-2 will be a great sim!

Posts: 118 | From: Huntsville, AL, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
halfen
Member # 5768

posted 07-28-2000 05:48 AM     Profile for halfen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of the early models,IL-2M,had a horrible center of gravity,we probably would rather fly a bus.
Posts: 6 | From: Indiana,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.