my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » Fly!2K

Author Topic: Fly!2K
Hans Offen
Member # 3916

posted 07-09-2000 03:34 PM     Profile for Hans Offen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally stumbled into Fly! after looking at it and fondling the box and putting it back on the shelf for over a year.

I purchased Fly!2K special edition for half the price of what the original Fly! cost. What gives with this? Is Terminal Reality, the makers of Fly! gone the way of Looking Glass Studios? (Extinct) or Microprose and Sierra (Out of the Flight Sim Genre).

Has Microsoft put the squeeze on everyone?

At any rate, the aftermarket add-ons for Fly! seem to be just coming of age and I believe I have wandered into this at an appropriate time. High quality free addons abound!!! Ground Control from How In The World is a replacement set of very realisitic textures for the generic scenery and it includes NightLight a phenomenally good-looking City lights effects addon. Their other big addon program, Sky!, actually came included on the Fly!2k CD.

I am now checking out the TerraScene program and scenery packs becoming available for that. I am going to have to get a cable modem to download all this stuff!!! Some scenery packs are over 100MBs.

I really like this sim and am curious why I found it at such a bargain blowout price when it is obviously a much superior flight sim to Microsoft's overly expensive and dominant program which tends to screw up my computer. The fact that Fly! is cross-platform and supports so many types of 3d cards makes me wonder why I am seeing it on sale. Did I miss a news release?

Posts: 134 | From: Lotusland, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
grover
Member # 3714

posted 07-09-2000 04:04 PM     Profile for grover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Hans

I have had fly for about 3 weeks now and it is awesome. I am now trying to sell msfs2k. (dont know why i bought microsoft when i hate the company).

anyway, there is a realy strong community out there and if you get stuck at all, go here and your questions will usually be answered withing hours.
http://www.avsim.com/cgi-bin/fly/fly.cgi?

have fun

grover

------------------
Accidents cause people!

Posts: 218 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.