my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » CFS2: just wondering...

Author Topic: CFS2: just wondering...
Lud von Pipper
Member # 82

posted 07-05-2000 05:41 PM     Profile for Lud von Pipper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If ever this simm will be an FPS beast anywhere near FS2K, who will be able to enjoy it?
I've got a 700mhz cpu, and FS2K is SLOooooOW (7/14 fps): none I've heard of is able to run it soubtancially faster (with a good detail on), and I dubt even the new 1Ghz CPUs will be able to run it confortably.
The old CFS was a beast too at it's times: when the sky was crowded my PII450 & TNT was panting to keep the game playable.
May be it's time for the guys at Microsoft to learn how to optimize surce code before sending the program gold!
LvP

Posts: 273 | From: Italy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Griffon
Member # 3214

posted 07-07-2000 05:41 AM     Profile for Griffon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, there should be a law stating that software developers should always be using computers at least 2 years old. Boy, would we see some efficient coding then!

Griffon

Posts: 13 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
JG2_FireCat!
Member # 225

posted 07-07-2000 12:35 PM     Profile for JG2_FireCat!   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Griffen

That is precisely what is being done. It typically takes two to three years to make a game. So by the time a game is released, the computers the game was designed to run on are at least two years old.

Salut!

JG2"FireCat!"

Posts: 172 | From: Venice Beach, California | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.